Kuyt Retires - Recall His Great Career & ''Unreliable Evidence'' About Suarez/Evra Right Here

montpelier

Recall his total average-ness, absence of any redeeming features & sickening goal-hanging 3 yard hat trick (if you must) here.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I'm going to spoil your thread here. A player with a very good club/national team career with a fitting end at Feyenoord the club he loved. He got my respect.

BorisDeLeFora

Dirk Kuyt is someone to be. His work rate, mental strength, composure, professionalism, ability to rise to the big occasions, was incredible.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Perennial overachiever, fair play to him. Solid career.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Made the most and more of his limited ability. Very good career

montpelier

Some great posts here, mainly renowned for always giving a 110% obviously. Little bit harshly booked for this one.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
I was in the away end when he scored that hat trick. Dirk Kunt.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Legend of the game

Actually played in a Champions League final and a World Cup final.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Great career for a player not blessed with much innate talent. Fair play to him. Like a shit Park Ji-Sung.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Always thought he was a bit underrated here. Not the flashiest player but you don't earn 104 caps for the Netherlands if you're shit (during one of their stronger generations too). Tremendous work ethic too, as others have said.

Varun

Staff
He's an inspiration for mediocre pricks like us. If he could make it, everyone can.

Robbie Boy

Had a pretty good career to be fair to him. Lingard is miles below his level, in all honesty and yet everyone says Kuyt is shite....

Robbie Boy

Kind of reminds me of Park: was bought with a great goal scoring record and I expected him to be a goal scoring centre forward for Liverpool. That didn't quite work out for him but he found a niche in the team through hard work and his energy levels and became a valuable player.

I thought we were signing a skilful goal scoring winger when we signed Park (admittedly after watching him against AC in the CL) again, that never happened but Park turned out to be one hell of a player / squad player for us.

binary bot
The least entertaining left wing back of all time, partly responsible for the worst game of football ever played at a world cup (Netherlands vs Costa Rica 2014).

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I used to know a Liverpool fan whose favourite player was Dirk Kuyt. I'm still mystified as to how that happened.
He was many people's favourite player.

Besides the obvious workrate, commitment and steely temperament, he was a dead clever player with really good decisionmaking. He knew the footballing manual inside out. Sort of had to to make it at this level given his natural ability and all, but still.

If he had either pace or technique, he would have been brilliant.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Yeah I wouldn't believe a player either if he announces retirement. I mean, what kind of source is that?

AndyJ1985

Kuyt is Lingard but with end product and a bit of talent on the ball. He won't get much respect on a United forum for obvious reasons, but he's exactly the quality of squad player we should be aiming for.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
If youre a top team hes exactly the type of player you want in the squad. Not expensive signings who dont try. Fabulous work rate and his knack for performing in the big games/decision making was exceptional.

Great career, made the most of the talent he had. Enjoy retirement Dirk.

KN5

I'm going to spoil your thread here. A player with a very good club/national team career with a fitting end at Feyenoord the club he loved. He got my respect.
You're not allowed to say sensible things here okay?

MoskvaRed

Managers must love players like Kuyt - tactically disciplined and work their backsides off. Back in 2008 we could sneer at him as a workhorse but, when we have Lingard as a regular starter....

But, as we are discussing a Liverpool player on a United form, I'll finish by pointing out that he does look like that ogre from The Goonies.