Kyle Rittenhouse | Now crowdfunding LOLsuits against Whoopi Goldberg, LeBron James, and The Young Turks

Moby

Dick
There's absolutely no racial angle on this case
Maybe if you forget everything else that goes on in the country. It's been said a few times, if this was a black guy they'd been shot by the cops before being able to point the gun at anyone so yea a white guy being able to freely roam around with a gun in their presence is pretty clearly white privilege.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Maybe if you forget everything else that goes on in the country. It's been said a few times, if this was a black guy they'd been shot by the cops before being able to point the gun at anyone so yea a white guy being able to freely roam around with a gun in their presence is pretty clearly white privilege.
That’s a thought experiment that has no bearing on the specifc facts or evidence in this particular case. Let’s assume for a moment that your narrative about white privilege was true. That still wouldn’t change the nature of the Wisconsin law under which the case was prosecuted. The jury’s responsibility was to adjudicate the evidence presented to them, which in the end led them to their final conclusion.

Suedesi

White privilege is just a construct that the media applies selectively to fit a narrative. It's been applied to Rittenhouse but not the other guy who drew a gun and got shot in the arm.

Strictly speaking far as the case is concerned, there's no racial angle here whatsoever, but the media will fan the flames for ratings. It all started when we got these 24/7 "news" channels, that are not news but "infotainment".

Moby

Dick
That’s a thought experiment that has no bearing on the specifc facts or evidence in this particular case. Let’s assume for a moment that your narrative about white privilege was true. That still wouldn’t change the nature of the Wisconsin law under which the case was prosecuted. The jury’s responsibility was to adjudicate the evidence presented to them, which in the end led them to their final conclusion.
Except if you assume the narrative to be true then you won't have a black guy roaming around with a gun in that situation ever even getting to a trial. The fact that this guy wasn't just able to go around with a gun in that situation without anyone batting an eyelid but has been able to defend himself in court and get out on a technicality is 100% white privilege.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Except if you assume the narrative to be true then you won't have a black guy roaming around with a gun in that situation ever even getting to a trial. The fact that this guy wasn't just able to go around with a gun in that situation without anyone batting an eyelid but has been able to defend himself in court and get out on a technicality is 100% white privilege.
You can apply whichever term you prefer to it, but at the end of the day, the specific law and facts of the case are what ultimately led to the jury’s decision.

Moby

Dick
You can apply whichever term you prefer to it, but at the end of the day, the specific law and facts of the case are what ultimately led to the jury’s decision.
Yeah and being able to present your case to the jury while being completely unharmed by the cops is the white privilege we are talking about here.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

M16Red

Clearly a psychopath looking for trouble.

Walking the streets with an automatic weapon should be banded in every country in the world. There are just to many nut jobs out there.

mu4c_20le

Walking the streets with an automatic weapon should be banded in every country in the world. There are just to many nut jobs out there.
Don't disagree, but kinda funny coming from someone called M16 Red :smirk:

Achilles McCool

I remember discussions about this last year and someone said it's a non-issue as businesses have insurance and all that. Meanwhile forgetting that plenty of these smaller businesses were minority-owned with not-so-good insurance.

There's a New York Times article on it describing their struggle to recover.
Did you see the story about the article you mentioned and the controversy surrounding the story? The author, (no longer with the NYTs) was told that her work wouldn’t get published until after the election?

Suedesi

Or trying to defend the town from being looted / burned down. Clearly there's lots of nut jobs out there, Joseph Rosenbaum for one.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Or trying to defend the town from being looted / burned down. Clearly there's lots of nut jobs out there, Joseph Rosenbaum for one.
He had mental health issues, had just been released from hospital after attempting suicide.

Suedesi

He had mental health issues, had just been released from hospital after attempting suicide.
Also a piece of shit by most accounts

By 18, he was in prison for sexual conduct with five preteen boys, the children of people who had taken him in after his mother told him to leave her house, according to a presentencing report. He spent most of the next 14 years behind bars.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/10/03/kenosha-shooting-victims/

M16Red

I'm not going to argue, about nothing I know little about. 17 year old walking the streets with a weapon.. fanatic.

Can't even buy beer, but a weapon..yeah.. okay.

Next thing you'll tell me is that an ambulance cost more than a taxi to a hospital in the US.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
I suppose that makes molesting preteen kids okay :rolleyes:
You suppose some odd things.

Was he molesting pre-teen kids the day he was killed?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Did you see the story about the article you mentioned and the controversy surrounding the story? The author, (no longer with the NYTs) was told that her work wouldn’t get published until after the election?
No I didn't see that story.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
When you quoted @Suedesi about the nutjob remark concerning Rosenbaum, why did you leave out his conviction for sex offenses?
I didn't think it was a requirement for me to do so.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
I have no clue. But your response to my assertion that he was a piece of shit was "he was abused as a kid".
I was responding to the quote you posted.