Kyle Rittenhouse | Now crowdfunding LOLsuits against Whoopi Goldberg, LeBron James, and The Young Turks

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
You're comparing people to nazis
No, i said he would have fallen for their propaganda. I was not comparing him to them.

But on the other hand, how is comparing someone to Nazis connected to white supremacy? Isn't the left wing especially calling most right wingers exactly that?

Achilles McCool

I think I know why the long barrels can't be banned - it's probably because they are considered "weapons of war", and thus protected by the 2nd ammendment. In other words, suitable to fight the rebellion against the government army possessing gunships tanks and fighter jets.

You really can't make this shite up.
Afghanistan has done pretty well over the past 40 years with just “long rifles” against fighter jets and tanks, no?

The Firestarter

Afghanistan has done pretty well over the past 40 years with just “long rifles” against fighter jets and tanks, no?
What? US didn't lose any ground in a battle with the Taliban. In fact they got bombed out of their caves in less than a month and ceded all territory. Its incomparable to a possible "organized militia" rebellion in the US.

BLM is nothing more than regurgitated Marxist garbage
What about BLM is Marxist?

To quote Adolph Reed

They’ve been antagonistic to working-class solidarity and to universalist social democracy, and they’ve always taken money from the bourgeoisie
The movement poses no threat to capital. On the contrary, it receives almost universal support from corporations.

Achilles McCool

What about BLM is Marxist?

To quote Adolph Reed

The movement poses no threat to capital. On the contrary, it receives almost universal support from corporations.
Just because it received support from corporations (that were threatened), doesn’t mean shit.
The 3 founders of BLM are self described “trained Marxists”

Cullors: “ We do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia, in particular, are trained organizers; we are trained Marxists. We are superversed on, sort of, ideological theories. And I think what we really try to do is build a movement”

Achilles McCool

Literally no one said that. You basically invented an argument and then "won" it.
Keep up.
I drew an equivalence. Very simple.

Argument was that Americans have long guns in order to some day fight the government, whom posters pointed out have fighter jets/tanks.

Achilles McCool

Or the willingness to actually live in caves and fight a legitimate guerrilla war for a decade. The militia types wet the bed because they were told to stay home for a few weeks.
I’m not on the side of militias. I’m just pointing out the false argument that just because the government has jets/tanks means any rebellion has no chance is stupid

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Thread is getting seriously lost in this ridiculous discussion, but...

How did the Afghans get the missiles? Militias elsewhere would never be able to obtain similar weaponry?
I don’t see a dedicated effort by a foreign country to arm our militias with state of the art offensive weaponry any time soon.

Carolina Red

Staff
How did the Afghans get the missiles?
1) We gave them to them to fight the Soviet Union.

2) The Taliban purchased more from Russia in subsequent years.
I’m not on the side of militias. I’m just pointing out the false argument that just because the government has jets/tanks means any rebellion has no chance is stupid
In the context of an armed uprising having success in the United States, it is.

Achilles McCool

I don’t see a dedicated effort by a foreign country to arm our militias with state of the art offensive weaponry any time soon.
I imagine that Americans wouldn’t need a “foreign” country.
If a civil war broke out in America, there would be some support within the borders?

nimic

something nice
Scout
Keep up.
I drew an equivalence. Very simple.

Argument was that Americans have long guns in order to some day fight the government, whom posters pointed out have fighter jets/tanks.
It was a non sequitur. The point he was originally making was only about why the law was the way that it was, which directly relates to why the charges were seemingly arbitrarily dropped. You brought up the Taliban for some reason, even though they are completely irrelevant to this discussion. You invented an argument where one didn't exist.

Achilles McCool

It was a non sequitur. The point he was originally making was only about why the law was the way that it was, which directly relates to why the charges were seemingly arbitrarily dropped. You brought up the Taliban for some reason, even though they are completely irrelevant to this discussion. You invented an argument where one didn't exist.
I drew a comparison that the argument needed

Suedesi

When I first replied to @Suedesi it was in response to him calling the victim a nut job. I don't like the terminology and commented that he was mentally ill, had got out of hospital that day after attempting suicide, I see calling someone a nut job as attempting to de-humanise a person, it's uncalled for. We went on to the point that I responded that he'd been abused as a child when that was not included in Suedesi's 'rap sheet'.

Why would I need to explain every time child sex offenders are discussed that I cannot abide them, that in my opinion no child sex offender should get the opportunity to offend again? I've certainly said it before, in fact it was my job and is now my business to work with abused children. And yet I will not de-humanise any sex offender or for that matter any abuser of which there are several types. When I work with kids who have been abused for much of my working life they are the victims, if I fail them and they abuse someone they cross a line, one side where they deserve compassion to another whereupon they are reviled by society and rightly so but my way is to believe in compassion. To me who cannot ever know what or who failed them, parent, counsellor, social worker, themselves, myself, they are still human beings. I have to accept this or I could not also work with the parent who might be the abuser. The details are probably boring you but as I've said, I cannot abide them or their crime but because they were once innocent I still know they are human. I have to show and believe in compassion or I would fail before I ever started. Some cannot be fixed, I cannot tell which ones when I meet them.

It's despicable to bring their history as whatever into the argument here in any case because it has nothing to do with why he was killed. It is simply a desire to de-humanise. Maybe an attempt to say that they deserved killing by a young man who knew nothing about him.
I see what you mean now. I was genuinely baffled when you replied that he was sexually abused in response to his pedophelia rap sheet, perhaps wrongly assuming that you were somehow correlating the two.

Not trying to use 'nut job' as a pejorative term to de-humanize him. Just a comment that would apply universally to anyone going after and harassing someone holding a shotgun. I mean not a great risk/reward ratio

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
I see what you mean now. I was genuinely baffled when you replied that he was sexually abused in response to his pedophelia rap sheet, perhaps wrongly assuming that you were somehow correlating the two.

Not trying to use 'nut job' as a pejorative term to de-humanize him. Just a comment that would apply universally to anyone going after and harassing someone holding a shotgun. I mean not a great risk/reward ratio
What can I say? This little episode caused one person to lose his temper and start throwing out insults, God knows we don't need to set off part II but personally as I've said I think it appears to be on the face of it a derogative term, 'Nut-Job' in a similar vein to 'Spazzo' or 'Retard' which aren't usually considered satisfactory to use here. Certainly I think he had mental problems which I can well imagine leading him to do what he did, maybe he was so affected by what he saw during the protest, maybe having recently attempted suicide he did not care what happened to him, and maybe we'll never know. It certainly kicked off a tragedy for another and their family and friends and injury for one more. I'm just of the opinion that the loss of life was a tragedy and they had people who cared for them.

Me adding 'He was abused as a child' was merely me adding to the history you were posting about as a by the by, something quite typical in his background but none of it relevant to his death, however my comment was seen as something else, best let sleeping dogs lie.

There's not much that I really understand about American Gun Culture,, as a British person we can have our opinions but getting our heads round it isn't simple. I think if we tried to relate the protest and attendance of the Militia's, their callout for individuals to come and bolster their numbers then I would think of the protests and riot in Croydon, Surrey (South London) a few years ago now and as a place that I worked in during the 80s and 90s an area I knew and was familiar with, a family owned business of decades burned down just around the corner from where I worked, and I can't imagine any authoritative body apart from the Police, or the Fire Brigade and Paramedics having legitimacy to respond, the vast percentage of the police wouldn't bear firearms, we certainly don't have militias in the UK and if we did it might mostly be farmers with shotguns and pitchforks they could maybe call upon, it might take several days for them to arrive driving tractors.

I'm afraid all that comes to mind having groups with their own agendas calling armed individuals to join them under what authority's tactics and control (?) is just insanity.

Drainy

Mental that so many people online are trying to push the possibility of lawsuits for defamation.

It's obvious that any negative commentary is protected under the 1st Amendment and any lies will not have caused damages that the court can compensate for.

No doubt the evidence shows that he was innocent of murder because it was self defense, but killing 2 people and maiming a third is what has damaged his reputation, along with the prosecution, whether justified or not is going to cause damage.

It's a question of further lies preventing the rehabilitation of perception from this point that would be actionable.

Last edited:

Carolina Red

Staff
Well they are fecking stupid then.

I'm pretty sure either Rittenhouse or one of the group he was with said the same thing to the protesters on the night of the shootings.

Do you have any juicy tweets we can laugh at?
Any good examples? I love a good conservative meltdown :)
Here’s some screenshots