Kyle Walker-Peters

El Jefe

I’m an AWB fan but he’s not in an ETH system. He’s poor at passing the ball progressively from deep - if you give him space in transition he’s great at carrying the ball forward but that’s not what ETH wants from his fullbacks.
I'm not necessarily disagreeing that he's not an EtH type fullback. I just don't think KWP is the answer unless its for a backup RB role. We need a starting quality RB.

tomaldinho1

Yeah but he looked like a very talented player before his injury. Obviously will need to see how he recovers from it, as it can have a huge impact having such a big injury at a young age. But if he can get to his pre-injury level he's much better than Walker-Peters and the one who should be on our list.
I think he’d recently also just come back from doing his meniscus so feel like clubs will be very cautious given he'd be expensive. He's back '23 according to their website so KWP is now their first choice for the foreseeable.

Saints123

Supports
Southampton
Saints fan here.

Walker-Peters is by far our best full back. Vastly superior to Livramento (although Livramento is just starting out). I’m sure that 99% of Saints fans would rather sell Tino above KWP.

He plays LB for us as Tino was better than Perraud at the start of the season. There wasn’t much drop off, as good on the left. He also plays as 6 in training so I can see him moving there in the future. Many Saints fans have wanted him to play the number 10 role also as he is out most creative player.

I think he can easily make the step up. He is a tier below TAA, James, Cancelo but he is probably in the conversation to be the best in the tier below.

Wouldnt want to sell but have to be realistic. 15m and AWB may suit both clubs.

Reactions: roonster09

Dan_F

If this is true, then we are officially a team that lacks ambition. Mid-table suits us
It’s just a reality that we won’t be able to attract the best in each position at the moment, let alone have the budget. As long as we’re identifying players that work for ETH’s system, then we’ll see a huge improvement from what we have right now.

united for life

It’s just a reality that we won’t be able to attract the best in each position at the moment, let alone have the budget. As long as we’re identifying players that work for ETH’s system, then we’ll see a huge improvement from what we have right now.
i agree that top players might be reluctant to join us. However, I am not sure what a player like Walker-Peters would add to the team. We already have two average right backs, why add a third?

ThanksBoss26

Saints fan here.

Walker-Peters is by far our best full back. Vastly superior to Livramento (although Livramento is just starting out). I’m sure that 99% of Saints fans would rather sell Tino above KWP.

He plays LB for us as Tino was better than Perraud at the start of the season. There wasn’t much drop off, as good on the left. He also plays as 6 in training so I can see him moving there in the future. Many Saints fans have wanted him to play the number 10 role also as he is out most creative player.

I think he can easily make the step up. He is a tier below TAA, James, Cancelo but he is probably in the conversation to be the best in the tier below.

Interesting read. Out of interest do you see any truth in Southampton being interested in Brandon Williams again?

Saints123

Supports
Southampton
Interesting read. Out of interest do you see any truth in Southampton being interested in Brandon Williams again?
Livramento is injured until the new year so I wouldn’t be surprised if we being in full back cover. If we don’t sell KWP we would start with Perraud/KWP but have no cover (and Perraud was injured at the end of last season). I think we would only be interested in a loan unless they think KWP will leave this year or next.

I’m just glad we didn’t spend £17m on Nico Williams from Liverpool. We don’t have that sort of money for a reserve full back.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I shudder every time I enter the main page now when I see the names at the top with “transfer forum” underneath.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Interesting praise from his manager and as with the Southampton fan above, their fanbase seem to really rate him. Haven't paid particular attention to him myself.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Interesting praise from his manager and as with the Southampton fan above, their fanbase seem to really rate him. Haven't paid particular attention to him myself.
He’s very good to be fair. Got himself into the England squad last year too, and if you can do that as a RB then you can’t be bad.

CM10

He's a reasonable player and I wouldn't mind him here - he certainly wouldn't be worse than Wan-Bissaka or Dalot.

My feeling is that for the price it would take to sign him, there would be better alternatives with a higher ceiling. As mentioned earlier, he still wouldn't compare favourably to the likes of James, Trent and Cancelo.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He's a reasonable player and I wouldn't mind him here - he certainly wouldn't be worse than Wan-Bissaka or Dalot.

My feeling is that for the price it would take to sign him, there would be better alternatives with a higher ceiling. As mentioned earlier, he still wouldn't compare favourably to the likes of James, Trent and Cancelo.
Of all the positions we've been linked with strengthening, RB is the one where I see the least amount of that potentially premium talent. Are there any young RBs around who would compare or even potentially compare favourably to the players you mention?

Henandez14

Supports
World peace
Would have been my dream signing for RB if I had never heard of Tariq Lamptey

CM10

Of all the positions we've been linked with strengthening, RB is the one where I see the least amount of that potentially premium talent. Are there any young RBs around who would compare or even potentially compare favourably to the players you mention?
It's difficult, and I get your point, but it would nice to at least have someone who could reach that level. Walker-Peters is at an age where most of his development is already done.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He’s very good to be fair. Got himself into the England squad last year too, and if you can do that as a RB then you can’t be bad.
That would usually be true if Southgate didn't have a fetish for RBs.

Abraxas

He doesn't seem that much of a threat in the final third. I also thought he was a year or two younger than he is. I'm not very excited by this one I have to say. But then again I don't have names that are rolling off the tongue that I could say are definitely better options.

Primex

Pedro porro
Malo gusto
Jeremie frimpong
Djed Spence
Are all younger rightbacks with far higher ceiling than this dude par Djed Spence all the others are presently better than him

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
And I want to be with megan fox but we cant always have what we want can jimmy??

you can feck off with your 40m :lol:

Chairman Steve

You can find someone just as good as him on the continent for half that price with relative ease.

And I don’t think he’s that good. He’d be serviceable for us.

Dazzmondo

Walk away please. He's a good full back but I've watched him enough to know Southampton fans are massively overrating him. Tbf, their squad doesn't have many others to get super excited about. Livramento looks promising, Salisu looks like a very good young cb with potential, and JWP has been a good player with exceptional free kicks for years now. Outside of that their squad is really poor imo. I'd probably opt for Frimpong if we're considering players at that price. I'd imagine Leverkusen would sell for somewhere between £20-40m.

AlexUTD

Saints fan here.

Thanks for the insight mate!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Must have improved significantly since Martial absolutely roasted him a couple of years back then?

Kostov

Whenever we are interested in a player their club is thinking it's bingo time, the idiots with the bag of moneys are here. :lol:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I quite like him, I'm sure we can get him for less than 40m considering they are interested in some of our players anyway. Garner on loan to sweeten the deal

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Saints fan here.

I agree KWP is your best full back last season since I watched some Southampton game and he was more impressive than Tino but Tino is far more talented than KWP. They are like 6 years difference.

Last season was Tino's first professional season. KWP at Tino's age wasn't anywhere near closed at Tino's level. KWP was playing u19 or U21 competition at 19.

I think you are being ridiculous for saying Saints fans would rather sell Tino above KWP or may be you are lying for saying that.