Kyle Walker-Peters

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Interesting praise from his manager and as with the Southampton fan above, their fanbase seem to really rate him. Haven't paid particular attention to him myself.
He plays as a 10 sometimes? I can see why ETH would like him if this is true, as he seems to like his RB to tuck in a lot and basically become a CM.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
That makes more sense! Still he mentions him playing as a 6 also in training, so he's obviously regarded for his football abilities to be played centrally at times.
yes he looks a good player - that said one of the reasons he is showing that versatility is because livramento looks the better right back / right wing back.

Its just crazy how many right backs / wing backs england has produced.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I would like us to sign a right wing back.

I would not like us to sign Kyle Walker-Peters.

Maybe Lamptey, or Maehle.

sincher

Mæhle is mainly a left-back.
Can play either side, and is right footed. Plays more on the right for Atalanta, more on the left for Denmark.

Definitely the right profile, very handy going forward.

croadyman

Can play either side, and is right footed. Plays more on the right for Atalanta, more on the left for Denmark.

Definitely the right profile, very handy going forward.
Yeah had an impressive euros

NoPace

I would like us to sign a right wing back.

I would not like us to sign Kyle Walker-Peters.

Maybe Lamptey, or Maehle.
I think we need someone who can stop counter attacks and pass the ball. So less of a wing-back, more of a guy who can also play as a #6. It looks like the wingers will be pretty damn wide and the FBs tucked in. And I think we need tackling to stop counter attacks.

sincher

I think we need someone who can stop counter attacks and pass the ball. So less of a wing-back, more of a guy who can also play as a #6. It looks like the wingers will be pretty damn wide and the FBs tucked in. And I think we need tackling to stop counter attacks.
Sounds great, can't think of any candidates though!

NoPace

Sounds great, can't think of any candidates though!
Maybe Timber next summer. James Justin could be one at some point.

I feel like La Liga produces more of those types, as the right backs there rarely seem to be burners who hug the touchline. So maybe Jurado? I haven't seen him much of him but he's said to be a tidy RB and have some versatility. Is Mainoo quick enough for that spot? Maybe we'll move a central midfielder with pace into the role?

Could also sign someone who hasn't necessarily played there. Like James Milner 10 years ago probably would have excelled in the role. Rabiot, Saul and Zinchenko come to mind as left-footers.

Saints123

Supports
Southampton
I agree KWP is your best full back last season since I watched some Southampton game and he was more impressive than Tino but Tino is far more talented than KWP. They are like 6 years difference.

Last season was Tino's first professional season. KWP at Tino's age wasn't anywhere near closed at Tino's level. KWP was playing u19 or U21 competition at 19.

I think you are being ridiculous for saying Saints fans would rather sell Tino above KWP or may be you are lying for saying that.
Not lying. I think most Saints fans accept that Tino will move on sooner rather than later. Depending on injury maybe next summer or, more likely, the one after. He does have ridiculous potential but he isn’t likely to reach it with us - same with VVD and Mane.

KWP on the other hand is established and if we don’t sell could be with the club a number of years. Similar to Bertrand - came from a bigger club and was one of the better full backs outside of the top 6 (not recently).

if I had a choice of who to keep for the next 5 it’s obviously Tino. But looking at who we can keep longer term if we keep them this year, it’s more likely to be KWP.

We will obviously get more money for Tino also. So if it’s sell KWP for £25-30m and keep Tino for 1-2 years tops or sell Timo for 40m+ and keep KWP for 4-5 the the choice is less obvious.

Our model under the new owners seems to be buying promising young players (see the £50m+ spent so far this window) and give them a pathway - the best ones will get sold one for a profit. For this to work we need established players - KWP, Ward-Prowse, S.Armstrong, Adams

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Not lying. I think most Saints fans accept that Tino will move on sooner rather than later. Depending on injury maybe next summer or, more likely, the one after. He does have ridiculous potential but he isn’t likely to reach it with us - same with VVD and Mane.

KWP on the other hand is established and if we don’t sell could be with the club a number of years. Similar to Bertrand - came from a bigger club and was one of the better full backs outside of the top 6 (not recently).

if I had a choice of who to keep for the next 5 it’s obviously Tino. But looking at who we can keep longer term if we keep them this year, it’s more likely to be KWP.

We will obviously get more money for Tino also. So if it’s sell KWP for £25-30m and keep Tino for 1-2 years tops or sell Timo for 40m+ and keep KWP for 4-5 the the choice is less obvious.

Our model under the new owners seems to be buying promising young players (see the £50m+ spent so far this window) and give them a pathway - the best ones will get sold one for a profit. For this to work we need established players - KWP, Ward-Prowse, S.Armstrong, Adams
So it's not down to who has better potential and who can be better. Just down to the fact that Tino will have more attraction than KWP as Tino is far more talented, which likely to leave Southampton to join much more ambition club.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Wingbacks are obviously incredibly important in our system and Tuchel will not want our team to crumble midseason again if James and Chilly get injured. But potentially spending £50m on Cucurella and £35-40m on Walker-Peters or Dumfries is overkill.

Not that I’d complain because you can never have too much quality in the squad, but damn. We need an attacker!

Mmm-Qatarian

Fecking Hell, is there anybody Chelsea aren't interested in signing? Hopefully we get Tom Huddlestone in quickly or they'll be bloody declaring their interest in him.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's better than Dalot and Wan Bissaka. Surely we are going into the season with those two and expecting to compete.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Wait what, he is absolutely average.
He's a bit better than that. Been their best performer the few times I've watched them. Would have been a good option for Spurs under Conte I think. But I'd hope we'd target someone with a more steep upwards trajectory.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I thought he was excellent today. If we’re in the market for a RB, he should be top of the list.

Vapor trail

I thought he was excellent today. If we’re in the market for a RB, he should be top of the list.
He's a good player but no according to many opinions above when the links came during summer. Reckon that half the members of this site either read FIFA ratings or just don't watch football at all.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He's a good player but no according to many opinions above when the links came during summer. Reckon that half the members of this site either read FIFA ratings or just don't watch football at all.
Yea he’s been very good everytime I’ve watched him - I wouldn’t pay much mind to what people on here say (and I include myself on that).

I think he’d fit EtH’s system like a glove. Only issue is So’ton will ask for a ton in buying him. We can perhaps send Williams the other way?

::sonny::

They have a squad with 20 pointless players like him and for this they will go down

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Think it was last year where I was really impressed with him but I haven't really taken much notice of him or Soton this year.
Getting a upgrade, from a attacking perspective, shouldn't be difficult concerning AWB. Still not totally sold on Dalot long-term either.

Superden

some of yous need to get out of your bubbles. Hes easily one of the best players outside of the usual top 4, and provides a decent option at RB and LB.