Kyle Walker | The Flash

Skills

Snitch
Is he one of Man Cities best signings of the decade?

He's been so important for them at defending the space they leave behind in their aggressive high line. But his improvement on the ball has been incredible. I've noticed a few times, but he pings the ball around likes he Xabi Alonso at times which was something you'd never expect of the player he was at Spurs.

He is getting on a bit now and they dropped points when ASM actually got the better of him. Is it going to be a big task for them to replace him?

Gazautd18

Thought you was on about the presenter on Sky. Can't stand him.

SambaBoy

Probably one of the best RBs in the PL era. He's excellent when he's on his game, a true force of power but liable to making mistakes or switching off unnecessarily.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah he’s done well at City. Not sure if he’s up there as one of the signings of the decade as City’s got a few outstanding signings done - but he’s been a definite “hit/success”. Pep’s done well with him. He was considered more brawn than brain but there’s an intelligence in his play. Even for England he’s done well covering the RCB position. I still think, for someone of his physical attributes and the spaces/positions in the final third he got himself into over the years, his output could have been better. His recovery pace has been very important in helping with the high line though.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Yeah I echo the high line recovery stuff, really intelligent use of him and he’s adapted really well to the role.

Ekeke

No. If he was our player we would be complaining about him. Made mistakes for some recent City goals (both Palace goals) as he is liable to do.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
He is out most limited player, but it is a testament to how important his qualities are that such a limited player has been Pep's first name on the teamsheet for so many years.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
How would City fans rate Walker compared to Zabaleta?
Overall a better player because of his exceptional athleticism, and being such a huge part of the way we play. Zabaleta will always be more loved by the fans though, but that is simply because of who he were as a person and his all-action attitude. Zabaleta also probably were the more proefficient attacker, but other than that there is hard to argue against Walker being a level above. They have both been consistently good servants for the club.
Walker arrived as a relatively finished product, while Zab was very raw when he signed

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Overall a better player because of his exceptional athleticism, and being such a huge part of the way we play. Zabaleta will always be more loved by the fans though, but that is simply because of who he were as a person and his all-action attitude. Zabaleta also probably were the more proefficient attacker, but other than that there is hard to argue against Walker being a level above. They have both been consistently good servants for the club.
Walker arrived as a relatively finished product, while Zab was very raw when he signed
All makes sense. Walker has had more staying power than I expected also.

Josh 76

There has been so much talk about how great Kyle Walker was against Mbappe. Utter nonsense.

Mbappe played him like a puppet without even doing anything spectacular. England has to use an extra couple of players to keep Mbappe “quiet”. Yet Walker seems to come out as the greatest right back ever.

If Walker was a proper world class right back, he should have said “leave Mbappe to me and you lot concentrate on your game.” But no, he needed help from the other players in team to double up on him. This made him look like he had done a great job on Mbappe, which left space for the other French players to finish England off.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
What nonsense. Walker was absolutely brilliant against Mbappe.

Mbappe managed 1 shot all game and Walker was to thank for that. The right flank was not the problem. Mbappe can be neutralised if you match his pace as Tuanzebe once showed, and Walker managed him brilliantly.

TheReligion

Abusive
There has been so much talk about how great Kyle Walker was against Mbappe. Utter nonsense.

Mbappe played him like a puppet without even doing anything spectacular. England has to use an extra couple of players to keep Mbappe “quiet”. Yet Walker seems to come out as the greatest right back ever.

If Walker was a proper world class right back, he should have said “leave Mbappe to me and you lot concentrate on your game.” But no, he needed help from the other players in team to double up on him. This made him look like he had done a great job on Mbappe, which left space for the other French players to finish England off.
I hate City but fecking hell this is some bizarre take.

Remember the geese

Shockingly poor post. Mbappe was disappointing.

MassVolto

Supports
Milan
He keeps getting away with clear fouls that should have resulted in getting booked or being sent off like for instance against Sarr in the WC clear foul, no card given or against Southampton when he tackled Armstrong from behind no penalty given no nothing, ridiculous. Just pay close attention to him next game and see for yourself how blatant his recklessness his style really is.

antk

The truth is as often somewhere in the middle. Walker would have been in a lot more trouble without the fantastic support he received to contain Mbappé, but at the same time it wouldn't have meant shit if he had not been very good himself.

Cloud7

To be fair Walker did have very solid support from (I think) Henderson and Rice, but still thought he did well overall. Mbappe wasn’t as destructive or influential as we know he can be.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Mbappe only got past him once or twice.

Skills

Snitch
Did about as well as you can realistically do against someone like that

SambaBoy

Did well against Mbappe, but yeah England doubled up on him. Mbappe was quite hesitant to try dribble most of the time, the one time he fully attacked Walker on the outside he completely left him for dead which put an end to the debate of Walker being able to keep up with him.

Conor

I'm not saying he had a bad game, but he didn't contain Mbappe, England did, with multiple players. Mbappe did him every time they were left 1v1, but England controlled him well by doubling/tripling up at some points. I really don't see how Walker gets the credit for that.

phelans shorts

To be fair Walker did have very solid support from (I think) Henderson and Rice, but still thought he did well overall. Mbappe wasn’t as destructive or influential as we know he can be.
See I thought Henderson was really letting the side down on that front (despite being good overall), he bought everything Mbappe tried and kept fouling him when Walker had him with no idea what to do and providing no danger.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't know if people spotted it but Théo and Rabiot actually messed a lot. While Mbappé was doubled and kept in check, England were routinely letting one of the other overlap but neither really fed the overlapping player and tried to target Mbappé or past it back.

Stadjer

I'm not saying he had a bad game, but he didn't contain Mbappe, England did, with multiple players. Mbappe did him every time they were left 1v1, but England controlled him well by doubling/tripling up at some points. I really don't see how Walker gets the credit for that.
Fully agree with this. England had 3 players dedicated to defend Mbappe when he got the ball. They got it done most of the time, not just Walker. Reactions yesterday about how Walker kept Mbappe quiet looked really strange to me. It was a team effort.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Been caught on cctv kissing another lass, groping her boobs and flashing his cock.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Sounds like a pretty standard night out to me... Pics are online, though grainy CCTV.

Seriously, he's an idiot and the aim here is to derail City. Guess bar owners not City fans...

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Sounds like a pretty standard night out to me... Pics are online, though grainy CCTV.

Seriously, he's an idiot and the aim here is to derail City. Guess bar owners not City fans...
:lol: What? I don’t think that’s the bar owners aim. :lol: Prob just wants a quick payday over whoever he sells the footage to.