Kylian Mbappé joins PSG on one year loan with option to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick.

€80m is beyond a "firm" offer... very promising youngster but we need someone who will take us up a level immediately, Mbappe wouldn't yet do so imo.

Especially considering that presumably takes a large chunk out of our transfer budget for the Summer when we need to strengthen in so many areas?

Redfan94

That Kevin Mbappe anything like that boy at Monaco, Kylian Mbappe?

IrishRedDevil

Obviously I hope we have made a bid, but why would we increase the offer by €30m after one game, if there isn't even a bidding war ongoing. Doesn't make sense.

Eire Red United

€80m is beyond a "firm" offer... very promising youngster but we need someone who will take us up a level immediately, Mbappe wouldn't yet do so imo.

Especially considering that presumably takes a large chunk out of our transfer budget for the Summer when we need to strengthen in so many areas?
I don't think we have a transfer budget. If Mourinho wants someone, Ed is definitely not going to turn around and say no you've spent too much.

cyberman

No chance Madrid would match that when their front 3 still have a few seasons left in them yet.
What a signing this would be. Good luck containing our front line when they get into stride

IrishRedDevil

I don't think we do. All we need is a quality CDM and a top class attacker to add more goals. Maybe another player or two to add squad depth, but these would be cheaper options.

There will be a lot of wages off the books this year (over 600k per week for Basti, Rooney, Memphis, Schneiderlin - with even more to follow) so there will be plenty of funds and wages available.

DarkXaero

As big of a talent he seems, 110 million euros is absolutely absurd for an 18 year old.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
€110m would be absolutely insane for Kylian let alone Kevin Mbappe

Hojoon

This has to be either bullshit or Woody is hellbent in winning a dick swinging contest with all the other clubs interested.

Swaters16

Jesus, if that bid actually happened we must be absolutely convinced this guy is the biggest talent in the world. Or rather, the biggest talent in generations. I mean, would 18 year old Messi have be valued at 110 million in today's market? I'm not exactly convinced

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
We should double the bid after they play Dortmund.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
90m quid for an 18 year old ? If this happens, it will price every other club out of future big name transfers.

DatGuyRich

Can't post media..

@GFFN: No offers of any kind made to AS Monaco for Kylian Mbappé yet - club sources. (More in tomorrow's @lequipe)

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I just don't get the hype with this kid. Seems like a promising player, but you never know how he develops.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
90m quid for an 18 year old ? If this happens, it will price every other club out of future big name transfers.
£90m just for his talentless, nomark brother. Playing the long game here. Clever.

ghagua

I would not hesitate to pay the amount being mentioned based on incentives and stuff. If he moves to Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, City or Chelsea, that's it ever seeing him in a United shirt. I think he will be the best player around in a few years.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I would not hesitate to pay the amount being mentioned based on incentives and stuff. If he moves to Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, City or Chelsea, that's it ever seeing him in a United shirt. I think he wbe ill the the best player around in a few years.
If the fee was something like 50m with performance incentives that take it to as much as 90m if let's say, we win the league and CL within three years and he scores x amount of goals during that process, then that's more reasonable. Otherwise, spunking £90m plus on an unproven 18 year old is incredibly irresponsible imo.

ghagua

If the fee was something like 50m with performance incentives that take it to as much as 90m if let's say, we win the league and CL within three years and he scores x amount of goals during that process, then that's more reasonable. Otherwise, spunking £90m plus on an unproven 18 year old is incredibly irresponsible imo.
Absolutely. It should be incentive based for that amount.

Zoo

So reliable they get his name wrong

If only they were reliable.
That's just the guy who has translated what COPE have said. Probably caught out by predictive text.

Status
Not open for further replies.