Kylian Mbappé

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I can’t find a transfer thread on him, if anyone can point me towards it and merge the two that would be great but…..(& yes I know it’s the Mirror but still)

Green Arrow

I see the PR rubbish started from the Glazers they must be going into overdrive. As soon as Ronaldo called them out their PR team must have thought how can we distract the supporters from the fact he has just told the truth!

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I see the PR rubbish started from the Glazers they must be going into overdrive. As soon as Ronaldo called them out their PR team must have thought how can we distract the supporters from the fact he has just told the truth!
Every news article must be PR pieces! Believe nothing! :lol:

I hate our fanbase sometimes and I have grown to despise the term "PR"

cyberman

We laugh but it’s true, we are one of maybe 2/3 clubs who could afford him

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
He's going to Real Madrid once he's done with PSG. Only question is when that is. / Thread.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Haaland vs Mbappe in the same league would be like a poor mans version of the Messi vs Ronaldo of the 10s

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I guess we are where we are now it's because of the owners I despise them with a passion.
Just think how ridiculous it sounds - the Glazers would have to have every journo in the Uk and beyond on their payroll for everything to be a PR piece.

It takes up way too much time to feed information out.

The Glazers give no fecks about puff PR pieces. If they did they’d care more about the playing staff and actually get players in. It takes more effort to keep the fans onside than it does to actually put money into improving the club.

Just frustrates me that we as a fanbase think literally everything is fecking “PR”

Brophs

The One and Only
Buy one of the best players in the world and fill the DOF position. Job’s a good ‘un.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
More chance of Ronaldo doing a U turn and kiss Ten Hag's baldy to apologize.

Green Arrow

Just think how ridiculous it sounds - the Glazers would have to have every journo in the Uk and beyond on their payroll for everything to be a PR piece.

The Glazers give no fecks about puff PR pieces. If they did they’d care more about the playing staff and actually get players in. It takes more effort to keep the fans onside than it does to actually put money into improving the club.

Just frustrates me that we as a fanbase think literally everything is fecking “PR”
A good and valid point I take that onboard. It just does my head in with these owners they have destroyed everything about the great club.

the_cliff

What? Why would nobody want a top 5 player in the world?
So we get rid of an ego maniac and dressing room problem that doesn't like pressing and listening to coaches instructions with another one ?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I wouldn’t want him even if it was possible. We need more Antony’s and Martinez’s. Why boot one ego out and welcome another?

kps88

Isn't he complaining about PSG not having a traditional center forward and him having to play through the middle?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So we get rid of an ego maniac and dressing room problem that doesn't like pressing and listening to coaches instructions with another one ?
Our fans just seem to have a bit of a small-time complex with us. The fact is, Mbappé has to play his football somewhere. Just that if the club were Real Madrid, nobody would talk about the ‘dressing room’ and things like that. I just think our fans always have this type of thinking that the very best players are too big for us. But then also say we are the biggest club in the world in their next footy debate!

MUFC OK

100% this. Some will still gobble this rumour up though - confirmation bias.
Our fans just seem to have a bit of a small-time complex with us. The fact is, Mbappé has to play his football somewhere. Just that if the club were Real Madrid, nobody would talk about the ‘dressing room’ and things like that. I just think our fans always have this type of thinking that the very best players are too big for us. But then also say we are the biggest club in the world in their next footy debate!
We are not in the CL and currently are the 5th best team in the PL. We don't compete for the biggest honours and haven't for a decade. Can you honestly say that Mbappe would join us (unlikely anyway) for any reason other than money with all that considered?

MUFC OK

Why did the club employ Neil Ashton again?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I can’t find a transfer thread on him, if anyone can point me towards it and merge the two that would be great but…..(& yes I know it’s the Mirror but still)

Like the superfights we all dream of but never actually happen, Mbappe to United to ignite the Halaand Vs Mbappe storyline at two rival clubs is a dream for the PL.

romufc

100% this. Some will still gobble this rumour up though - confirmation bias.

We are not in the CL and currently are the 5th best team in the PL. We don't compete for the biggest honours and haven't for a decade. Can you honestly say that Mbappe would join us (unlikely anyway) for any reason other than money with all that considered?
Not only that. The way Ten Hag is trying to build, the striker plays a massive role in pressing.

If you watch Martial, he looks where everyone is on the pitch before pressing and in the last 2 games, we had a high % of turnovers compared to when Ronaldo plays.

Now, a player like Mbappe who we all know wants to play for Madrid, is only here to make money before Madrid say, yep, we will take you now.

I rather spend that money on 2/3 players to improve the whole team.

MUFC OK

Like the superfights we all dream of but never actually happen, Mbappe to United to ignite the Halaand Vs Mbappe storyline at two rival clubs is a dream for the PL.
There's a difference between City and United that might lead to one of the best players in the world joining them and not us. Clue: it's the reason RVP, Rio, Rooney and many of the worldclass/potentially world class players we signed back in the day decided to join us.

stepic

Obviously this is BS but it’s kinda funny hearing people actively not wanting one of the best players in the world.

wolvored

So hes going to move from a club that plays Ch Lge every season and most seasons win the league, to one that cant even manage top 4 every season and has won feck all over the past 5 years. :lol:
The journalists must have a raffle system in a hat. No 16 pulled out today. Who's that associated to on the player board? Mbappe? Mbappe it is then.
We need a CF not another left sided forward ffs.

the_cliff

Trust me I disagree. I for one would love Neymar at United for example, for all his off field problems his performances on the pitch are worth all of it, in the case of Mbappe it's simply down to performance on the pitch, he's a brilliant player but one that ETH would have to sacrifice part of his system for, he wouldn't need to do that with Neymar for example.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Great.

Whenever you see the phrase SHOCK TRANSFER it's reliable, when it comes from the Mirror it's even more reliable.

Ordering my Mbappe shirt now

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Finally we are going to have a DOF who is going to have last say on everything!