Kylian Mbappé

croadyman

Forget sometimes how rapid he is,makes me want us to get mega rich owners I won't lie

BerryBerryShrew

The pace he showed to burst through the two Danish defender, only to be brought down, was incredible. Just eats up the ground.
It does make you wonder how good he'll be when he loses that half yard. Haaland is quick too but he also has incredible awareness and IQ in the last third whereas Mbappé seems incredibly reliant on his burst of acceleration. That's easy to lose through age and injury.

croadyman

It does make you wonder how good he'll be when he loses that half yard. Haaland is quick too but he also has incredible awareness and IQ in the last third whereas Mbappé seems incredibly reliant on his burst of acceleration. That's easy to lose through age and injury.
So need to strike before he loses that pace in that case. We need those mega rich owners in next year or so to make it happen.

cyberman

We have to get him. Even if we don’t he needs to play in a real league.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Platini is still #1, but I'd be very surprised if Mbappe doesn't surpass everybody. He's going to break all the records.

Skills

Snitch
Mbappe has much more in his locker technically.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Best French player ever, maybe together with Zidane.
Lets see how his career develops, shall we? France had amazing players in the past 30 years. Zidane, Henry, Platini, lets see if Mbappe gets that level

marktan

Such a shame he's choosing money over playing in a better league.

marktan

He's chosen to win a CL for his hometown over taking the easy way out more like.
Part of it is I'm sure, but it is a bit of a shame to not see him in La Liga or PL or even Serie A. He has the ability to reach Ronaldo like levels, but he won't get the games to do it in.

Whatever he does in Ligue 1 will always not have the same value unfortunately, which only gives him what 10 games a season in the CL against higher quality opposition.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Part of it is I'm sure, but it is a bit of a shame to not see him in La Liga or PL or even Serie A. He has the ability to reach Ronaldo like levels, but he won't get the games to do it in.

Whatever he does in Ligue 1 will always not have the same value unfortunately, which only gives him what 10 games a season in the CL against higher quality opposition.
Yeah, but no one cares outside of Ligue 1, and their opinion is irrelevant to me. If he wins a CL with PSG, it's worth 10 CLs with Madrid as far as I'm concerned. Everybody else's gonna have their opinion on the matter, but it really doesn't matter.

marktan

Yeah, but no one cares outside of Ligue 1, and their opinion is irrelevant to me. If he wins a CL with PSG, it's worth 10 CLs with Madrid as far as I'm concerned. Everybody else's gonna have their opinion on the matter, but it really doesn't matter.
Fair enough!

Axe2401

I know Ligue1 is not one of the best league, but its really underrated. Lot of quality players, main factory of big european clubs. They leave the league pretty soon, but they keep producing quality over and over.

Polar

Lets see how his career develops, shall we? France had amazing players in the past 30 years. Zidane, Henry, Platini, lets see if Mbappe gets that level
I don’t remember Platini very well. Has he ever been the best player in the world? I think Mbappe is the best player in the world right now.

Henry was a great player, and he kept a very high level over many years, but I think Mbappe on his best is a level above Henry. He can to a greater extent do incredible things on his own. Sometimes it seems like he can do whatever he wants. Have only got the same feeling when watching Maradona and Messi.

Walters_19_MuFc

Couldn't disagree more but everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don’t remember Platini very well. Has he ever been the best player in the world? I think Mbappe is the best player in the world right now.

Henry was a great player, and he kept a very high level over many years, but I think Mbappe on his best is a level above Henry. He can to a greater extent do incredible things on his own. Sometimes it seems like he can do whatever he wants. Have only got the same feeling when watching Maradona and Messi.
I don't know if Mbappé is the best player in the world right now, this season it would be one of his attacking teammate. And yes Platini was considered the best player in the world in the late 70s-early 80s, though some would argue that it was never clear due to Maradona being already brilliant during his teenage.

JPRouve

Scout
Couldn't disagree more but everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course.
It is indeed an interesting take, first because Mbappé isn't really a pace merchant, he has lot of pace but it's only a plus. And then we have the recent example of a player who was as fast and was also injury prone but remained arguably third/fourth best player in the world into his 30s, Arjen Robben.

dinostar77

I think him winning CL with PSG will be a bigger achievement than winning it with madrid. Im glad he stayed at PSG.

dinostar77

Yes at least 3 times. Won 3 x balon d'or on the trot. 1983,1984,1985 he was best player in the world.

BerryBerryShrew

It is indeed an interesting take, first because Mbappé isn't really a pace merchant, he has lot of pace but it's only a plus. And then we have the recent example of a player who was as fast and was also injury prone but remained arguably third/fourth best player in the world into his 30s, Arjen Robben.
I was more thinking along the lines of R9, who Mbappé is most compared to. When injuries took away 30% of Ronaldo's pace he was still a world class player but that was because he was a much more refined player than Mbappé in terms of touch and finishing.

And I'm a fan of Mbappé (more so than Haaland) but he is clearly a lot more reliant on his physical gifts than the superior attacking technicians that he plays with week in week out for PSG.

Robben wasn't as fast as Mbappé (although still very quick) and suffered a lot of recurring muscular strains and pulls but nothing serious. As a result he remained very fast into his thirties.

NoPace

I think Mbappe has improved technically so he'll be fine for a while when he's in his 30s, barring injuries derailing him. Science might improve to where he can keep his pace until 34 or 35 by then, too.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Anybody who thinks Mbappe is a pace merchant is either a hater or clueless about the game, but while he has it, of course he is going to use it to his advantage, but if you look at a lot of his goals on YouTube for example, there's actually very rare examples of them happening because of his pace. It's usually because of his technique that they happen, not his pace. Now of course, if you take pace away from a player, whether by age or by injuries, it's going to affect their output. For as much as people consider Haaland a pure striker that can poach goals, you take away his pace, and he loses a lot more goals than even Mbappe does IMO, looking at his career goals, I feel he has relied on his pace more than Mbappe has when it comes to scoring goals.

I also think one of Mbappe's most underrated aspect is his intelligence. Not many people speak French here, but if you listen to him in interviews, he's one of the most intelligent players I've ever listened to, and he's constantly thinking about the game, so I have no doubts about his ability to adapt his game to his condition if he was to deal with injuries. But his most important quality is his mentality. I don't think people understand just how difficult it it to perform this consistently from his young age, to being the most expensive teenager in the world, to go from being the kid everybody loves to the kid everybody hates, to being blamed for France leaving the Euro early on a missed penalty, to wanting to take the next high-stakes penalty immediately again against Belgium in the Nations league (against Courtois nonetheless and scoring). He is an absolute giant in mentality and that will take him further than most players, no matter what happens to him.

mav_9me

Top scorer of the Ligue 1, CL and World Cup. Not bad at all
Can't argue with facts.

I am not a fan of his more recent entitled super brat behavior but he is playing sensationally. Main man for France and looks to be single handedly elevating France.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I was more thinking along the lines of R9, who Mbappé is most compared to. When injuries took away 30% of Ronaldo's pace he was still a world class player but that was because he was a much more refined player than Mbappé in terms of touch and finishing.

And I'm a fan of Mbappé (more so than Haaland) but he is clearly a lot more reliant on his physical gifts than the superior attacking technicians that he plays with week in week out for PSG.

Robben wasn't as fast as Mbappé (although still very quick) and suffered a lot of recurring muscular strains and pulls but nothing serious. As a result he remained very fast into his thirties.
He's also a lot younger than them and has a lot of time to improve various aspects of football.

dinostar77

For someone who isnt supposedly a pace merchant on here, the commentators dont half talk alot abiut his jet heeled pace and burning full backs on pace alone.

Its a vital part of his armoury at present.

JPRouve

Scout

Ronaldo had big injuries early and it wasn't muscular injuries but ligament injuries that damaged him, so there is no much point making a direct and limited comparison between them. At this point Mbappé is no different to players like Henry, Robben or Eto'o when it comes to being very fast and all of them ended up having normal career with Robben being the only one suffering from recurring injuries.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think at 23-24 that would be least of the thing he would worry about.

By the time he approach his 30, maybe he has to find a way to adapt, otherwise he wouldn't last long, maybe similar to Henry, who was pretty much done at top level at around 32, which isn't really bad.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Not seen the full 120 minutes of the French games but Mbappe does seem to be the star of the show so far. Will be interesting to see him up agains "stronger" sides and tougher defences (wonder what a battle with Martinez would look like if Argentina progress far enough for us to find out)...

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
So in the summer, it's Mpabbe, Rice, Bellingham and a new goalkeeper. The new guys are going to have to own at least two countries :):):cool: