Kylian Mbappé

croadyman

only an idiot wouldnt want Mbappe here, top 5 in the world easily. would have sell on value too if needs be.
Think it's more people think he's not signing in a million years,and by the sounds of it wouldn't fit Erik's system either

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Think it's more people think he's not signing in a million years,and by the sounds of it wouldn't fit Erik's system either
Mbappé fits the system without problem, Mbappé fits any system with little problem. Also the way ETH uses Martial, is exactly how Mbappé likes to play, he likes to be able to move where the space is instead of being stuck in the middle as a pivot.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Its obviously bullshit, due to talent I would take him in a heartbeat. One of the few worldclass attackers currently, but his attitude seems like a ticking bomb.
Am I the only one who isn’t sold on him being a cancer in the locker room??

He doesn’t get a long with Messi and PSGs management? Ok, why is that presumably on Mbappe? By all accounts Messi is a real douche bag. I can 100% see Messi come to PSG and demand that Mbappe play in a way that suits him.

Why has Mbappe been pissed of at PSGs management? Of what we know, they have promised him certain things and then not even tried to keep it.

If Mbappe want to come here — on our conditions, ie not under the same conditions he stayed at PSG — I would love to have him.

This is Mbappe’s main issue with PSG, from L’Equipe:
He has been extremely frustrated by playing the “pivot” forward position. Mbappe was promised to play off a striker, like he does with Giroud or Benzema for France, but instead is playing as the sole center forward for another season in order to accommodate both Neymar and Messi.

There is no such position in Ten Hag’s system. But sure, if he change is mind and goes ‘I will play as the sole pivot for United, the PL is the toughest league in the world and I want to show that I can have success there’ — I would love to have him. He makes a much more sympathetic impression that Ronaldo or Messi ever have. But if not, we should definitely not be interested.

SAFMUTD

Am I the only one who isn’t sold on him being a cancer in the locker room??

He doesn’t get a long with Messi and PSGs management? Ok, why is that presumably on Mbappe? By all accounts Messi is a real douche bag. I can 100% see Messi come to PSG and demand that Mbappe play in a way that suits him.

Why has Mbappe been pissed of at PSGs management? Of what we know, they have promised him certain things and then not even tried to keep it.

If Mbappe want to come here — on our conditions, ie not under the same conditions he stayed at PSG — I would love to have him.

This is Mbappe’s main issue with PSG, from L’Equipe:
He has been extremely frustrated by playing the “pivot” forward position. Mbappe was promised to play off a striker, like he does with Giroud or Benzema for France, but instead is playing as the sole center forward for another season in order to accommodate both Neymar and Messi.

There is no such position in Ten Hag’s system. But sure, if he change is mind and goes ‘I will play as the sole pivot for United, the PL is the toughest league in the world and I want to show that I can have success there’ — I would love to have him. He makes a much more sympathetic impression that Ronaldo or Messi ever have. But if not, we should definitely not be interested.
The possibility on him comming is so remote that I dont even feel like discussing it. :(

skc_18

Real madrid need a striker to replace Benzema so I think if mbappe is moving he will move to Real. Not a chance for any other club.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Mbappe is a c*nt, but a good one. The story is utter bollocks, though. It links United with "60 million-rated" Osimhen FFS :lol:

LordSpud

Mbappe is a c*nt, but a good one. The story is utter bollocks, though. It links United with "60 million-rated" Osimhen FFS :lol:
Zlatan is what I would call a "good c*nt". To be fair to United though we do usually end up with them when you think about Ronaldo, Pogba, Di Maria so it wouldnt actually surprise me to go for him but it would be way past 150m.

Bwuk

Martial - Mbappe
Rashford - Casemiro - Bruno - Antony​

All out attack.

Erik the Red

Martial - Mbappe
Rashford - Casemiro - Bruno - Antony​

All out attack.
Where are Garnacho and Sancho???

It's not so dissimilar to how City play, by comparison:

Rodri
De Bruyne, Silva
Grealish, Haaland, Foden

For this to work, you need players that can retain possession, particularly in midfield, and I'm not sure Bruno gives you that.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Might as well start writing fanfiction if this thread is even getting to 3 pages.

Lyng

Might as well start writing fanfiction if this thread is even getting to 3 pages.
Well it already has, but most comments consist of people making fun of this silly rumour. I doubt anyone in here believes this is anything but silly fantasy.

Jeffthered

Not sure about this. And Mbappe is brilliant, a very special player.

Just think the game has changed,moving towards these US Sports style debates about individual players and contract demands. The question I always ask myself when I see we are linked with a player is: '...do I feel they really, really want to play for Manchester United..?'Do they really want to play in the Premiership...?' If my instinct says no, then I feel it's not worth pursuing, we have had a whole squad of players who have signed for United, without applying themselves to the club at all.

Telsim

Did this really need a separate thread? I'd say let's just have a good laugh and move on, but I'm afraid some people might think this is actually real. Methinks some... "sources" need website-wide ban. Or perhaps a Satire flair. :lol:

Ronaldo shits on the Glazers and now we are signing Osimhen, Mbappe, Felix. Haaland story later? Maybe Endrick as backup? Christ. :lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not sure about this. And Mbappe is brilliant, a very special player.

Just think the game has changed,moving towards these US Sports style debates about individual players and contract demands. The question I always ask myself when I see we are linked with a player is: '...do I feel they really, really want to play for Manchester United..?'Do they really want to play in the Premiership...?' If my instinct says no, then I feel it's not worth pursuing, we have had a whole squad of players who have signed for United, without applying themselves to the club at all.
Please remember that if the answer to those questions is ‘no’ - then the player doesn’t have to do it. Especially Mbappé, who can play where he chooses. If he chooses United, fans should get over our complex and accept that, perhaps for a range of reasons - of all the options he had he wanted this one most.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
This transfer link makes very little sense. Mbappe is not a centre forward. One of his main issues with PSG is being played as a #9. Why would we try and sign Mbappe to replace our centre forward?

Yes, he is better than Rashford and Garnacho. However, is another inside left what we need..?

JPRouve

Scout
This transfer link makes very little sense. Mbappe is not a centre forward. One of his main issues with PSG is being played as a #9. Why would we try and sign Mbappe to replace our centre forward?

Yes, he is better than Rashford and Garnacho. However, is another inside left what we need..?
It's not the main issue. But regarding that point people are misinterpreting things a bit strangely, Mbappé doesn't have an issue playing as a center forward and he has been pretty good as a center forward, his issue has been with being used as a pivot, meaning that due to the fact that he is the only one able to do it for PSG, Mbappé is used in a more rigid central role and doesn't have the same freedom to find space across the field.

So while I don't believe the report, there is no particular issue with the way ETH's tactics, Martial is free to move around, as was Tadic.

It's not the main issue. But regarding that point people are misinterpreting things a bit strangely, Mbappé doesn't have an issue playing as a center forward and he has been pretty good as a center forward, his issue has been with being used as a pivot, meaning that due to the fact that he is the only one able to do it for PSG, Mbappé is used in a more rigid central role and doesn't have the same freedom to find space across the field.

So while I don't believe the report, there is no particular issue with the way ETH's tactics, Martial is free to move around, as was Tadic.
In theory that's true. However, you see how our system collapses with the way Ronaldo interprets the role. Mbappe playing in this Man Utd may have to be as rigid as he is as PSG. For very similar reasons.

At PSG Messi and Neymar want to play in the same zones as Mbappe. You could make the case that Mbappe would only have to 'compete' with Bruno in those zones at United. However, that would rely on the wingers playing very wide. However, Ten Hag has specifically set up the team to have inverted wingers e.g., Rashford and Antony. We see this with Cristiano, when he drops in the attacking cohesion falls to pieces.

PSG resolves this issue by having a three man midfield, to decongest the forward zones. However, we don't really play with a three man midfield. Its a two man midfield with a mobile 10 and wide forwards joining the attack. They need someone to play off and Martial provides that, especially with his hold up play and running of the channels. Mbappe can do all of that, of course. Mbappe is a supremely talented player. However, the question remains: Would Mbappe want to do that? Remarkably, for me, Martial has become adept in playing without the ball. I am so used to him wanting everything to feet that seeing him play the way Ten Hag has asked is revelatory. I just don't think Mbappe would relish that role.

JPRouve

Scout
In theory that's true. However, you see how our system collapses with the way Ronaldo interprets the role. Mbappe playing in this Man Utd may have to be as rigid as he is as PSG. For very similar reasons.

At PSG Messi and Neymar want to play in the same zones as Mbappe. You could make the case that Mbappe would only have to 'compete' with Bruno in those zones at United. However, that would rely on the wingers playing very wide. However, Ten Hag has specifically set up the team to have inverted wingers e.g., Rashford and Antony. We see this with Cristiano, when he drops in the attacking cohesion falls to pieces.

PSG resolves this issue by having a three man midfield, to decongest the forward zones. However, we don't really play with a three man midfield. Its a two man midfield with a mobile 10 and wide forwards joining the attack. They need someone to play off and Martial provides that, especially with his hold up play and running of the channels. Mbappe can do all of that, of course. Mbappe is a supremely talented player. However, the question remains: Would Mbappe want to do that? Remarkably, for me, Martial has become adept in playing without the ball. I am so used to him wanting everything to feet that seeing him play the way Ten Hag has asked is revelatory. I just don't think Mbappe would relish that role.
Ronaldo and Mbappé are completely different players. Mbappé likes to link up with teammates whether it is to create an opportunity for himself or others, that's why he doesn't like being away of the action and used as a poacher unlike Ronaldo.

The thing that you think Mbappé doesn't want is exactly what he wants and why he wasn't thrilled with the idea of being used as a traditional 9. The false nine role that we have with Martial is what he likes, the way Ronaldo plays upfront for us is what Mbappé dislikes.

Ronaldo and Mbappé are completely different players. Mbappé likes to link up with teammates whether it is to create an opportunity for himself or others, that's why he doesn't like being away of the action and used as a poacher unlike Ronaldo.

The thing that you think Mbappé doesn't want is exactly what he wants and why he wasn't thrilled with the idea of being used as a traditional 9. The false nine role that we have with Martial is what he likes, the way Ronaldo plays upfront for us is what Mbappé dislikes.
I think you're misunderstanding my point. That, or we're misinterpreting Martial's function.

A lot of Martial's work for the current team is done off the ball, creating space for other players to have the ball. Especially Bruno. Ronaldo's (inexplicable) decision to leave the box and try to get on the ball is what makes us worse. Martial's willingness to run the line and make room for others to play is the significant difference. Of course, Martial also drops off at times. However, its mostly when we are on the transition and he needs to come short to hold the ball up and give others the opportunity to join in. When we're enjoying long phases of possession Martial has comparatively little involvement, especially in the build up. His job, at that point, is to occupy the back four and either look to run in behind, wait for a chance in the box or create room for Rashford, Bruno and/or Antony. This is the part I think Mbappe wouldn't really want to do. I think he would prefer someone else making space for him to get on the ball, which is kind of what his camp has briefed out.

Stacks

Nobody wants Mbappe here. I doubt ETH would want him as well.
speak for yourself
What? Why would nobody want a top 5 player in the world?
Our fans just seem to have a bit of a small-time complex with us. The fact is, Mbappé has to play his football somewhere. Just that if the club were Real Madrid, nobody would talk about the ‘dressing room’ and things like that. I just think our fans always have this type of thinking that the very best players are too big for us. But then also say we are the biggest club in the world in their next footy debate!
Obviously this is BS but it’s kinda funny hearing people actively not wanting one of the best players in the world.
Yes to all of you. there is no "perfect" line up. Sometimes the very best come with baggage. R9 was a bit problematic but we move!

JPRouve

Scout
I think you're misunderstanding my point. That, or we're misinterpreting Martial's function.

A lot of Martial's work for the current team is done off the ball, creating space for other players to have the ball. Especially Bruno. Ronaldo's (inexplicable) decision to leave the box and try to get on the ball is what makes us worse. Martial's willingness to run the line and make room for others to play is the significant difference. Of course, Martial also drops off at times. However, its mostly when we are on the transition and he needs to come short to hold the ball up and give others the opportunity to join in. When we're enjoying long phases of possession Martial has comparatively little involvement, especially in the build up. His job, at that point, is to occupy the back four and either look to run in behind, wait for a chance in the box or create room for Rashford, Bruno and/or Antony. This is the part I think Mbappe wouldn't really want to do. I think he would prefer someone else making space for him to get on the ball, which is kind of what his camp has briefed out.
The bolded part is what Mbappé likes to do. The thing that Mbappé doesn't like is to be used as a "pivot".

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nobody wants Mbappe here. I doubt ETH would want him as well.
He wouldn't come here but why on earth wouldn't we want him here? He's one of the best attackers on the planet. He'd be an amazing addition to our team.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If he leaves his next club will be english, so why not United

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
If he leaves his next club will be english, so why not United

I was under the impression that despite the disappointment and the filing, the flirt between Mbappe and Real Madrid is still very much ongoing. Also, apart from the current muppetry, has there ever been a serious link to an English side?

What makes you assume such a thing?