Kylian Mbappe | PSG

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
There is a common sentiment expressed in the last pages of the thread, that Real Madrid isn't very competitive anymore, is behind the big teams, and needs a full rebuild within the next few years, so Mbappe maybe shouldn't join them.

But the way the season has played out shows this isn't really true. A league + CL double was won, with important contributions from the younger players like Vini, Valverde, Militao, Rodrygo, and Camavinga. No full rebuild is needed.
What's more is that by staying they will still have the problem of featuring all three of him, Messi and Neymar. They have a good team but it would be very hard for any manager to make that work on the UCL if they're imposing him to play all three of them, something needs to change there.

We do need to reinforce the team and seek replacements for some of our most veteran players but things aren't as bad as people make out to be and I wouldn't be surprised if we keep knocking out PSG in further editions of UCL.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Obviously Ney and Messi, two ex-Barca legends, talked him out of signing for Real.

tomaldinho1

Hard to know how much this is reflective of where/when their teams get knocked out. For example, I assume Messi in the Barca later years (think they only got past QF in 1 of 6 years) would have less minutes versus generally weaker opponents, whereas someone like Lewa in that same period would have been in multiple semis and a final. Ruud's record is astonishing.

I know if you look at CL knock out goals only Ronaldo is probably far ahead but would be interesting to see that.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Hard to know how much this is reflective of where/when their teams get knocked out. For example, I assume Messi in the Barca later years (think they only got past QF in 1 of 6 years) would have less minutes versus generally weaker opponents, whereas someone like Lewa in that same period would have been in multiple semis and a final. Ruud's record is astonishing.

I know if you look at CL knock out goals only Ronaldo is probably far ahead but would be interesting to see that.
It's not reflective of that at all, just the g/a ratio for any players with over 50 games, it doesn't take into account knock-out rounds, etc. If you only isolated knock-out rounds, I'd imagine CR7 jumps higher up that list, though I'm not certain he tops it, would be interested to find out as well.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Ronaldo got much better stat wise later on in his career so his numbers are deflated in that regard.

Great numbers by Mbappe, let's see how he does this year, he might end up winning it outright.

Ladron de redcafe

Mbappé' has the highest goal production ratio in the competition already, and he's only getting better.

Incidentally, he alread haas 4 domestic top scorer awards at 22 as well, which is mind-boggling. And I wonder where he'll end up on the all time list.

It this rate, I wonder what his total goal production will be when he retires.

mitchmouse

When I see things like this it puts into perspective how supernatural Ruud was for me. He’d get stupendous numbers in todays game with his level of finishing.
Someone on the caf tried to school me recently: claimed Ruud was an awful buy because we didn't win many titles with him! I kid you not...

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Someone on the caf tried to school me recently: claimed Ruud was an awful buy because we didn't win many titles with him! I kid you not...
I can only speak as a Bayern supporter, but whenever Bayern played United I was scared of Ruud. And I am talking Inzaghi-level scared.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
We were incredibly lucky to have him through that period while at the same time he was incredibly unlucky not to be a part of what came before and after him. I think you could reasonably argue for him being one of our most important transfers during the PL era given how competitive and relatively successful we remained in that period of transition between great teams. Provided some all time memorable moments too - the Fulham goal, the chest + volley against Charlton and the pen against the invincibles among others.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm honestly not sold on either Mbappe or Haaland as ST. I think they are one unfortunate injury away from losing it all like Fernando Torres. Now anyone can get a career ending injury but I just feel that their style of play (the way they run, body weight) makes them more prone to getting that kind of injury.