Kylian Mbappe | PSG

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
What if he does his cruciate half way through the season? Will PSG splurge £163m then come summer '18?
Depends on how the contract reads. If it says they are required to buy him for X amount after the loan expires, with no stipulations regarding injuries or worse, then yeah they have to pay or try to fight it out in court. From Monaco's point of view, they have no reason to want to give PSG an out if he get's injured or worse. It will all be in the details of the contract between PSG and Monaco.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
What if he does his cruciate half way through the season? Will PSG splurge £163m then come summer '18?
This is what held up the transfer this long. How can you force a club to pay an option to buy, it's all been in the wording of the contract but apparently, PSG have no choice in the matter. However, they've been pretty damn savvy this season and they might have an exit plan just in case. That would really screw Monaco at that point, but it's unlikely that PSG would not be forced to pay the 'option' at the end of this season.

RoyH1

FFP for fecks sake. What's next? Bahrain and Kuwait joining on the action? Azerbaijan? Brunei?
They're going to destroy Ligue 1, but I pray to the old gods and the new that they get kicked out of the CL in embarrassing fashion. Preferably by a team with a tiny budget.

Morpheus 7

Psg are like a child playing fifa and editing the team to get who they want, only this is real life. Monaco are a joke and P$G are a disgrace. You need an extra element to get that CL, buying a group of mercenaries takes a while.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Psg are like a child playing fifa and editing the team to get who they want, only this is real life. Monaco are a joke and P$G are a disgrace. You need an extra element to get that CL, buying a group of mercenaries takes a while.
Why Monaco's a joke? They've made a fantastic business.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Selling there best player to a direct rival, sell him abroad. They may as well present them the league.
To be absolutely fair the league was presented to PSG the moment Neymar joined them. Perhaps Mbappe wanted to go to PSG and they just honoured his wish, given that they were profit-oriented anyway.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
The moans :lol:
Especially considering they're within FFP by the books. Of course most of the revenue streams come from companies they've generated anyways. They were already well around it. Now they're just giving it the finger too. It's baffling why people thought FFP would play a role here, they can't cut them out at the source which is just as well as they're going up against a fecking country. They've made the effort to placate the rules and play it by . UEFA won't do anything other than look in to it which will be nothing more than posturing.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Everyone will be mocking PSG when they fail to win the Champions League next season but both Neymar and Mbappe are young and despite them both being great already it's still an investment for the future. They'd have been better prepared for next season if they had bought Fabinho and a goalkeeper instead of Mbappe.

They'll go into next season as a team with weaknesses but with this kind of talent upfront they'll get it right eventually.

Coxy

I hate these cnuts more than I hate City, right now. I really hope we face them in the knockout stages, park the bus, grab a 1-0 win on the counter in both legs. Just kill their football, and knock the feckers out.

The Middle East is killing football.
This.

ghagua

Very good move for Mbappe. Would have done anything to see him at United, but guess that window has gone. With some better defenders, PSG can be really good in Europe.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Did PSG even need Mbappe at this point? What with already having signed Neymar...

I question Mbappe's ambition somewhat. It'll be hard for him to ever leave PSG now. Sure they have a great squad but they will remain a small club with few supporters for the foreseeable future.

What's the transfer fee anyway?

EyeInTheSky

"It is with great joy and pride that I join the Paris Saint-Germain ," Kylian Mbappé reacted after signing his contract . For any young person from the Paris region, it is often a dream to wear the red and blue jersey and to taste the unique atmosphere of the Parc des Princes. I was seduced by the project of the club, it is one of the most ambitious in Europe. Along with my new teammates, I intend to continue my progression today while helping the team to achieve the very big objectives it has set itself. "

"It is with great emotion and satisfaction that I welcome Kylian Mbappé to the family of Paris Saint-Germain ," said Nasser Al-Khelaïfi, President of Paris Saint-Germain. It was essential for French football to keep and advance such talent in our championship. Players of his age, he is undoubtedly one of the most promising in the world thanks to his immense technical, physical and mental qualities. Since his emergence at the high level, he carries an excellent image, that of a young player very respectful, open, ambitious and already very mature. Under our colors, in the midst of very great players, Kylian will continue a progression that will also benefit the team of France in the months and years to come. With his arrival, more than ever, our team will thrill the hearts of fans. "
I suppose you could call a 40,000 attendance in a glorified library "unique atmosphere "

TehRed

A loan is the smart way to get around FFP, if they were okay to do the Neymar deal this year then they will be okay to sign Mbappe permanently next year for a similar fee. Definitely going to be some players leaving at some point though, sounds like Di Maria, Draxler and Lucas Moura are all at risk. I would imagine that those players leaving would go some way to getting back maybe near to two thirds of the Neymar money.

Rojofiam

Will be fun to see them being knocked out of the CL around April/March

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Selling there best player to a direct rival, sell him abroad. They may as well present them the league.
He wasn't Monaco's best player but even if he was, they can't keep him if he doesn't sign a new contract and they can't sell him to a club that didn't made an offer.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Wow. Fair play.
Doing things in the market that other clubs could only dream about...
This has been the case in Football for as long as I can remember.
The biggest clubs usually have the biggest wallets and can attract the biggest players.
Football (as life), is unfair, by it's very nature.
I don't understand why the sour grapes.

My gripe is with the likes of MCFC, because Pep is spending huge sums of cash, which could effect our own chances of winning the league.
My gripe is also with the owners who are not allowing (financially) Jose to buy a winger who can cross, which we are desperate for.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
As far as transfers are concerned, they are in their own league.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Real Madrid was a child in 2009

Cristiano Ronaldo (96 M€), Ballon D'or
Kaka (64 M€), Ballon D'or
Benzema (35 M€),
Xabi Alonso (30 M€),
Raul Albiol (15 M€),
Negredo (5 M€),
Granero (5 M€),
Arbeloa (4 M€).
Total : 254 M€ 8 years ago

The player doesn't want to go abroad and renew his contract.

Monaco had to choose between 180 millions now or less than 100 millions next year (1 remaining year of contract, potential injuries or poor season..)

Did PSG even need Mbappe at this point? What with already having signed Neymar...

I question Mbappe's ambition somewhat. It'll be hard for him to ever leave PSG now. Sure they have a great squad but they will remain a small club with few supporters for the foreseeable future. What's the transfer fee anyway?
He's 18: he will have the opportunity to change of clubs in his career.

FFP for fecks sake. What's next? Bahrain and Kuwait joining on the action? Azerbaijan? Brunei?
They're going to destroy Ligue 1, but I pray to the old gods and the new that they get kicked out of the CL in embarrassing fashion. Preferably by a team with a tiny budget.
They make the Ligue 1 more attractive and competitive.

It's not a French phenomenon. Italian clubs like Milan AC and Inter have recently been acquired by investors from Asia. English clubs were pioneers.

The Bundesliga clubs can't be acquired by foreigners if my memories are good.

As far as transfers are concerned, they are in their own league.
PSG will decrease its investments in the future for sure

Will be fun to see them being knocked out of the CL around April/March
Yeah, will very fun to see Real Madrid winning the Champions League once again.

Last edited:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Despite the logic "we have to keep the winning team" I'm a bit disappointed that he has chosen PSG.
From what has been written his father had a preference for Paris. I do not like to see the parents involved in the career of their sons but in his case it was understandable that his opinion had an special strength. If I were a 18 years old football super promise, I don´t think I´d be mature enough to decide.
Seeing the economic ease of Paris I imagine he´ll stay in Paris for a long time.
I can not imagine Madrid opting for his signing in a near future, no matter how good he may be. Seeing that they have paid 5m€ million for Asensio, they will surely wonder if it is worth the risk of buying a player for 250-300 million in three or four years.
I would also like to know to what extent demanded so much money and place in the line-up(perhaps the Spanish press has written a sweetened version).
If he had wanted to play in Madrid, he would be here, not caring about the possible competition or the wages.
Félicitations @Ecstatic @BBRBB , what a team you got!

RoyH1

They make the Ligue 1 more attractive and competitive.

It's not a French phenomenon. Italian clubs like Milan AC and Inter have recently been acquired by investors from Asia. English clubs were pioneers.

The Bundesliga clubs can't be acquired by foreigners if my memories are good.

In the 2000s, Lyon won 7 consecutive league titles.
I meant destroy as in they will obliterate all the opposition in front of them, not destroying the league.

You're also being a bit cynical comparing the investment by a wealthy nation state that does not have democratically elected leaders, with the investment of businessmen who are trying to make money. One could argue that the billionaire owners of the likes or Arsenal, Liverpool or United are always looking for a return on their investment, and as such will never invest these outrageous sums in order just to win. Only Chelsea and City are different in that regard. But even Chelsea has learned to "behave" and is being more reasonable in transfer market.