Kylian Mbappe | PSG

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@carvajal

Thanks, mate. I hope the club will reach the SF of the Champions League!

In the meantime, PSG will play against Bayern Munich soon.

Martial emerged with Monaco in 2014/15, Dembélé in 2015/16 with Rennes, M'Bappé in 2016/17....

The next emerging French star could join your preferred team or United this time.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Really hope Mbappe isn't started on the wings, or Cavani shunted out wide again.

Eire Red United

This has been the case in Football for as long as I can remember.
The biggest clubs usually have the biggest wallets and can attract the biggest players.
Football (as life), is unfair, by it's very nature.
I don't understand why the sour grapes.

My gripe is with the likes of MCFC, because Pep is spending huge sums of cash, which could effect our own chances of winning the league.
My gripe is also with the owners who are not allowing (financially) Jose to buy a winger who can cross, which we are desperate for.
The money is clearly there if Jose wants it.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
So much salt. Another fantastic signing for PSG.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Wise move from him, he'll be a massive success there, no culture shock or anything. God knows how much he'll end up leaving PSG for though.
He will never leave them during his prime if he is success there. PSG are a club that will not have any will to sell.

stepic

Hell of a team they have. There's a few weaknesses in some postions but on the whole, pretty impressive team.

stepic

As others have said, the league was already PSG's. Monaco has already lost half their starting team. This wasn't the transfer that tipped things in PSG's favour.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Really never understood the hype around him. Truly believe he'll be nothing more than "good".
I don't think he'll be Henry incarnate or anything, but he could well be world class. He plays as a striker after all, and his strengths (so far) are uniquely aligned with the position.

Stacks

As things stand, PSG are nothing but a big old bag chock full of potential with everything left to prove.

Madrid are the well oiled team of veterans who have done it already and will believe they can do it again.
Monaco were a threat last year with Mbappe and Falcao. Not its Mbappe, Cavani (top striker in Ligue 1 by far) and Neymar (top 3 forward in the world). They should smash it. Haters will hate but few teams could withstand that if they click

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
PSG will do fine financially to justify this next year. With young players like Marquinhos, Rabiot, Verratti and their amazing two up front they will not require major investment for the considerable future and they have so many assets to sell with no great loss of first team's quality. They will probably get £100m at least for any combination of two or three from Di Maria, Lucas, Krychowiak and Draxler.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I don't think he'll be Henry incarnate or anything, but he could well be world class. He plays as a striker after all, and his strengths (so far) are uniquely aligned with the position.
He's quick and a half decent finisher.

That describes Pato when he first broke on the scene.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Neymar, Mbappe, Cavani. Incredibly good front line, though they could improve on Cavani.

Hoof the ball

The way people go on about Mbappe, you'd think he was just a pace merchant with knack for scoring, ala Defoe. If you watch him you can see that he has so much in his locker technically, and he's direct in a mature way that others older than him aren't. What he did for Monaco at his relative age is nothing short of incredible. French league or not, he led Europe in goals per game averages, and wasn't any less consistent in the Champions League. Mbappe has an incredible full season, in Europe and domestically, at three years younger than Asensio, and he's an overrated one-season wonder, yet, Ansensio (rightfully praised) plays alongside better players in the best team in the world, no more proved in the long run, and he gets a free pass in this place.

Sounds to me that some people want Mbappe to fail only..... 'cause'.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
So thex still have Di Maria, Draxler and Lucas on top of their front 3, could be fun in the dressing room :lol:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I meant destroy as in they will obliterate all the opposition in front of them, not destroying the league.

You're also being a bit cynical comparing the investment by a wealthy nation state that does not have democratically elected leaders, with the investment of businessmen who are trying to make money. One could argue that the billionaire owners of the likes or Arsenal, Liverpool or United are always looking for a return on their investment, and as such will never invest these outrageous sums in order just to win. Only Chelsea and City are different in that regard. But even Chelsea has learned to "behave" and is being more reasonable in transfer market.
Sure, PSG isn't looking for a return in the near future. That said, the shareholders are long-term investors who can shift their strategy and their return expectations in the next 30 years.

I think the club will be less spender in the future for many reasons.

1. The turn-over is low contrary to clubs like City and Monaco. I don't expect a lot of acquisitions in the next seasons.
For example, Neymar, Verratti, Rabiot, M'bappé, Draxler, Marquinhos, Kurzawa, Lucas, Callegari, Kimpembe are under 25
2. Next, the club has an opportunistic approach: last summer, the club spent 62 millions of euros despite a new coach because big stars weren't available.
3. FFP

Lewandowski 2017. :lol:
Amazing team, @Ecstatic!
Cheers.

Last edited:

R'hllor

Loan with option/obligation to buy wasnt used first time but now people decided to moan about it, PSG used it - where is UEFA? Italian clubs used it - cheap bastards.

BigCaine

Loan with option/obligation to buy wasnt used first time but now people decided to moan about it, PSG used it - where is UEFA? Italian clubs used it - cheap bastards.
I don't think anyone has ever used it specifically to dodge regulations.

Seij

So, it's not against FFP to do something like "We are loaning him for 5 years and then signing him in 2022!" right?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I can see him starting from an attacking wide left position, with Neymar roaming behind Cavani and the whole of the right wing being left to be dominated by Dani Alves who will be covered by Marquinhos if need be...
Basically...Mabppé will be Neymar, Neymar will be Messi, and Dani Alves will be Dani Alves. Symmetry :D

RoyH1

Would be fun if they win the CL.

It is between Real and PSG, massive favourites both
I think Real looks weaker than last season. They did not substitute Pepe and Morata properly, and are going to miss the depth they gave them. I also think that Bale and Benzema are starting to decline.
Their midfield is absolutely ridiculous though.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
He's quick and a half decent finisher.

That describes Pato when he first broke on the scene.
Pato was hamstrung by unprofessional conduct, lack of ambition, injury issues and by many accounts didn't really show a similar mental aptitude to Mbappe. That description works for a lot of players, Anelka, Torres, Owen, Saviola, Sturridge, Higuain, Aubameyang, Cisse etc. It doesn't say much without taking other factors into consideration, but I'd agree that not many of those were ever world class.

Hoof the ball

Pato was hamstrung by unprofessional conduct, lack of ambition, injury issues and by many accounts didn't really show a similar mental aptitude to Mbappe. That description works for a lot of players, Anelka, Torres, Owen, Saviola, Sturridge, Higuain, Aubameyang, Cisse etc. It doesn't say much without taking other factors into consideration, but I'd agree that not many of those were ever world class.
One thing Mbappe certainly doesn't lack is a strong mental attitude. I've read a bunch of interviews with him and I've always been impressed with the content of his answers, as well as the demonstrable confidence he has in his own abilities.

Some of his responses show a level head and maturity.

Despite his rich vein of form, Mbappe, who has been likened to Thierry Henry, doesn't think he's doing anything special.

"I would not say that what I do is extraordinary," Mbappe said. "I would just say that I am able to do what I know best. I would not say it's extraordinary.

"Extraordinary is a player who can score 60 goals. There are not a lot. Otherwise I think we would overuse the term. I would not say it's amazing but I'm on a good run."

Of speculation linking him with a move to England, Mbappe responded: "Sorry, but I do not look at what the English press say. I remain very calm about the attention I get.

"I get up in the morning and I go to practice like everyone else. I try to work to improve myself every day and I try to do on the pitch what I do during the training sessions."

wr8_utd

:'(
Still have no idea where he plays in this PSG side. They surely won't move Cavani or Neymar around for him.

wr8_utd

:'(
Would love it if Monaco beats them in Ligue 1 and Barca/Madrid knocks them out in the CL.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
@Ecstatic even beyong the money, look at the player we signed that summer: cristiano was not only one of the two best players in the world and the 2008 BoD winner, he was already widely regarded as a top 10/20 all time. Kaka was the BoD 2007 and regarded as a top 3-5 player still. And we did all that despite bleeding money and needing huge bank loans with laughable interest rates

What you're doing now is child's play compared to that ;)