Kylian Mbappe | PSG

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Still the same Mbappe. Absolutely rapid and he comes up with some brilliant bits of skill, but most of the time he takes a bit too long or his touch is a bit too loose, which can only be down to not having to improve it. He has got to leave or we will lose one of the major talents of this generation.

Same applies to the PL. The Burnleys and West Broms are never in Europe either, and they are masters of parking the bus. There really is nothing Ligue 1 teams do better than PL teams. Other than losing to us.
They are not masters of parking the bus.
Again I watch both leagues. Burnley and West Brom display nowhere near the same level of bus parking and defensive mindset that middle/lower table Ligue 1 teams have. Even if they're playing Man City.
PL games are far higher in intensity because even when one team puts down a bus it goes from one end of the pitch to another with longballs and fast counterattacks with the entire block going up as a result.

Man City couldn't even crack down Lyon and Lyon is neither good defensively nor used to bus parking in league play, meanwhile they spanked Burnley 5-0 and 1-4 home and away.

I don't think you're aware of how French football works, or how the managers, the FA, the general public thinks.

There's a reason we won WC 2018 playing with 30% possession and having a great defensive record, that reason is an overly defensive,pragmatic football culture, that translates to Ligue 1.

Gasolin

They are not masters or parking the bus.
Again I watch both leagues. Burnley and West Brom display nowhere near the same level of bus parking and defensive mindset that middle/lower table Ligue 1 teams have. Even if they're playing Man City.
PL games are far higher in intensity because even when one team puts down a bus it goes from one end of the pitch to another with longballs and fast counterattacks with the entire block going up as a result.

Man City couldn't even crack down Lyon and Lyon is neither good defensively nor used to bus parking in league play, meanwhile they spanked Burnley 5-0 and 1-4 home and away.
It's one example, but a game of football is still a game of uncertainty and Man City plays with a certain style. Lyon lost to Bayern which plays with high intensity, a la Liverpool.
I don't think those "illustrations" help.

That's like saying Lyon would beat Barcelona who had the possessive style during their peak, because somehow they wouldn't score in that game.
And Lyon has done great results in Europe before. But again, statistics catch up. There is a reason why French teams don't win right now in the long run.

PS: Are you sharing this joint or what?

Judas

Open to offers
He plays a bit like a player who think they've already made it and proved their point as a player. I suppose achieving what he has at such a young age might do that. Realistically I think its playing in the French league week after week, he's desperately needing a new challenge and just looks like he's going through the motions.

Hopefully he finds that in Spain and not at a rival over here.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

It's one example, but a game of football is still a game of uncertainty and Man City plays with a certain style. Lyon lost to Bayern which plays with high intensity, a la Liverpool.
I don't think those "illustrations" help.

That's like saying Lyon would beat Barcelona who had the possessive style during their peak, because somehow they wouldn't score in that game.
And Lyon has done great results in Europe before. But again, statistics catch up. There is a reason why French teams don't win right now in the long run.

PS: Are you sharing this joint or what?
Man City and Liverpool have either hit the 100 points mark or come ridiculously close to hit more than once in the past few years, PSG has never come close, not with Zlatan and Cavani, not with Mbappe and Neymar. It's not just because they don't want to. They lose games early on every seasons.
Man City plays with a certain style indeed, I'd still take PSG's offensive line over theirs as a whole and individually Mbappe/Neymar over any of Sterling,Aguero or Mahrez.

As for Barcelona, you just watch them play a team like Villareal and immediatly see what I'm talking about, Villareal tries to play Barcelona as if they're on equal ground with them and end up getting smashed 4-0 because of the difference in quality. They're not the only team that does that in La Liga. It's not rare for middle/lower table teams to have the ambition to play offensively against a giant club

Never did I say Ligue 1 was as good as the PL or La Liga mind you, just that quite a lot of Ligue 1 teams are more defensive minded than even the most defensive team in England/Spain and will never play to "win" or come out of their 4-5-1 defensive block no matter what happens in the game.

You should check in on the opinion of the actual players, Ronaldinho said just a few years ago that going to La Liga made everything far easier for him because of how much space he had and how the players weren't nearly as physical and rough on him compared to his PSG days. Quite a few Ligue 1 players have expressed similar thoughts about going to the Bundesliga and calling it "an attacker's dream" as teams would always try to attack and push for goals on both sides of the pitch.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I rate him but I don’t rate him. It’s a weird one. Personally I don’t think he’s all that good with the ball at his feet. It doesn’t look natural. When he runs it doesn’t look natural. Very strange running style. His hold up play is too slow. Apart from That pace he offered nothing in 180 minutes of football against us.

Yes he’s won the lot but I don’t think he’s better than Ronaldo or Messi.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
He was out of form yesterday. Played 48 hours prior in Ligue 1. On the back of back-to-back performances with France.

Ridiculously fit player. Constant threat.

Pep's Suit

When I was critical of him few months back "some" people here couldn't handle it. Well, he's a fine player but not that great, he simply didn't progress/improve much since his Monaco days. Really needs to move to PL or La Liga this summer but if PSG ask for £100m + up to £10-20m agent fees + £500-600k p/w in wages... Which team can even afford him?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
People criticising him for last night are a bit weird to be honest.

He was hardly bad, was PSG's best player on the night and could have scored a great goal but luckily DDG was in beast mode.

You just have to give credit to our defence, they did a great job.

Dan_F

When I was critical of him few months back "some" people here couldn't handle it. Well, he's a fine player but not that great, he simply didn't progress/improve much since his Monaco days. Really needs to move to PL or La Liga this summer but if PSG ask for £100m + up to £10-20m agent fees + £500-600k p/w in wages... Which team can even afford him?
You think PSG would ask for £100 million, when Dortmund asked £108 for Sancho?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's too good for the French league - I was only ever worried when he was on the ball.

Also I didn't quite understand Tuschel's tactics of playing them 10 yards from each other at all times. It was easy to just outnumber them and snap up the ball every time.

Rockets Redglare

I rate him but I don’t rate him. It’s a weird one. Personally I don’t think he’s all that good with the ball at his feet. It doesn’t look natural. When he runs it doesn’t look natural. Very strange running style. His hold up play is too slow. Apart from That pace he offered nothing in 180 minutes of football against us.

Yes he’s won the lot but I don’t think he’s better than Ronaldo or Messi.
So you don’t rate him because he isn’t better than arguably the two greatest players to ever play the game? Ok then.

Pep's Suit

You think PSG would ask for £100 million, when Dortmund asked £108 for Sancho?
Honestly... I do. I genuinely can't see PSG sell him for less than £70-80m + add-ons. Mbappe and his family also seem quite money-oriented so overall this is a £200m+ transfer. Wouldn't surprise me if he has to run out his contract like Messi and Alaba.

Classical Mechanic

He was out of form yesterday. Played 48 hours prior in Ligue 1. On the back of back-to-back performances with France.

Ridiculously fit player. Constant threat.
Don't think he was out of form. He's one of the most in form players in Europe in his league statistically. We played deep and he had AWB and Tuanzebe marking him. His attributes tend to him needing space to be most devastating and our tactics restricted that whilst two very athletic defenders handled him for the most part.

Pep's Suit

3 years left v 1 year next summer.

In 14 months time teams can sign Mbappe on a free.
Hazard moved for £140m or so incl. add-ons and he was older and also with 1 year left on his contract. Selling Mbappe or Neymar for £30-40m doesn't solve anything for PSG, they still wouldn't be able to replace them.

Idxomer

He showed his quality when he had the chance and was PSG's best player, it’s never easy playing against deep defense in top form like United yesterday.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Heres a stat from BT. Since 18/19 Rashford has scored as many CL goals at their place as Mbappe has.
Ive long questioned Mbappe on here, I think he needs space to fully express himself and his close control lets him down when back to goal or double marked.
Id have him here in a heartbeat but he isnt worth the fee demanded nor is he this perennial Balon Dor winner that he is made out to be. I wouldn't have him over Mane, Salah, Aubamayang etc.
He needs a move. 1 goal in knockout games in his PSG career simply isnt good enough (against us funnily enough)
This is what everyone was saying about Rashford as well.

cyberman

This is what everyone was saying about Rashford as well.
And if Rashford played for PSG in France and destroyed sides every week regardless, he would never have improved.
Just imagine if RBL puts a beating on them in 2 weeks leaving them 99 percent out of CL just 7 weeks into the new season. How does Mbappe then challenge himself? Its then a wasted season in a crucial stage of his development that would really hurt him.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
They are not masters of parking the bus.

I don't think you're aware of how French football works, or how the managers, the FA, the general public thinks.

There's a reason we won WC 2018 playing with 30% possession and having a great defensive record, that reason is an overly defensive,pragmatic football culture, that translates to Ligue 1.
Very true. You only have to watch Ligue 1 for 5 minutes to see the more defensively focused style of play.

TR1LL

Terrifying player. I don’t agree with the comments on him being overrated.

The speed at which he dribbles in the box is unbelievable. I was scared for AWB and good on him for being solid and forcing Mbbape to the other side.

Gasolin

Man City and Liverpool have either hit the 100 points mark or come ridiculously close to hit more than once in the past few years, PSG has never come close, not with Zlatan and Cavani, not with Mbappe and Neymar. It's not just because they don't want to. They lose games early on every seasons.
Man City plays with a certain style indeed, I'd still take PSG's offensive line over theirs as a whole and individually Mbappe/Neymar over any of Sterling,Aguero or Mahrez.

As for Barcelona, you just watch them play a team like Villareal and immediatly see what I'm talking about, Villareal tries to play Barcelona as if they're on equal ground with them and end up getting smashed 4-0 because of the difference in quality. They're not the only team that does that in La Liga. It's not rare for middle/lower table teams to have the ambition to play offensively against a giant club

Never did I say Ligue 1 was as good as the PL or La Liga mind you, just that quite a lot of Ligue 1 teams are more defensive minded than even the most defensive team in England/Spain and will never play to "win" or come out of their 4-5-1 defensive block no matter what happens in the game.

You should check in on the opinion of the actual players, Ronaldinho said just a few years ago that going to La Liga made everything far easier for him because of how much space he had and how the players weren't nearly as physical and rough on him compared to his PSG days. Quite a few Ligue 1 players have expressed similar thoughts about going to the Bundesliga and calling it "an attacker's dream" as teams would always try to attack and push for goals on both sides of the pitch.
PSG was close to the 100 pts. I posted that earlier.

2014/2015 - 1st with 83 pts, 2nd Lyon was at 75 pts.
2015/2016 - 1st with 96 pts, 2nd Lyon was at 65 pts.
2016/2017 - 2nd with 87 pts, 1st Monaco had 95 pts and 3rd Nice had 87 pts.
2017/2018 - 1st with 93 pts, 2nd Monaco was at 80 pts.
2018/2019 - 1st with 91 pts, 2nd Lille was at 75 pts.
2019/2020 - 1st with 68 pts after 27 games, 2nd OM was at 56 pts after 28 games.
With the ppg, they would have been at 95 pts and OM would have been at 76 pts.

They were 17 pts, 4 pts, 13 pts, 7 pts, 9 pts, and potentially 5 pts away. They came below 3 games of 100 pts 3 times at least in the last 6 years.

I fully agree with Ronaldinho. But we are talking about the EPL. In the EPL, teams are physical, and they are aggressive. It's fast, and it's not La Liga or the Bundesliga.
Ronaldinho would have the same problems that he had in France in England, only with more intensity.

Every big team lose a couple of games early in the season unless you have a fantastic preseason and a phenomenal squad depth. I think City getting those 100 pts was an anomaly. Liverpool never had it, both City and Liverpool had 98 and 99 pts.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
He plays a bit like a player who think they've already made it and proved their point as a player. I suppose achieving what he has at such a young age might do that. Realistically I think its playing in the French league week after week, he's desperately needing a new challenge and just looks like he's going through the motions.

Hopefully he finds that in Spain and not at a rival over here.
Don't think Tuchel is challenging him too much for his development. Madrid will definitely go for him next summer.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think we should do everything possible to sign him. I’d happily take only him over the next 2 transfer windows.

cyberman

Big second half for Mbappe here. He hasnt really got into the game in a real sense and theres a growing feeling he is being found out at the highest level.

sport2793

Big second half for Mbappe here. He hasnt really got into the game in a real sense and theres a growing feeling he is being found out at the highest level.
He's the reason they scored the first, Neymar just pounced on the deflection.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
A goal every other game in Europe is a lot better than many of the teenage superstars he's been compared to over the years. Failing to decide the biggest games on a consistent basis at 21 isn't "being found out".

cyberman

He's the reason they scored the first, Neymar just pounced on the deflection.
In a general sense im talking about. The stage is set here but our defenders have generally kept him in check.
Rashford is the only reason we scored and he isnt having a standout game
I was on their reddit page and it seems to be a legit criticism that he doesnt play for 90 mins, hence why hes always subbed off.
Lets see

cyberman

A goal every other game in Europe is a lot better than many of the teenage superstars he's been compared to over the years. Failing to decide the biggest games on a consistent basis at 21 isn't "being found out".
No goals in 8 and a half CL games and counting.

Edit 1 knockout goal in his entire PSG career that was at OT funnily enough

cyberman

Sounds like Rooney and many others at his age
I edited my post but 1 knockout goal for PSG is a concern. Thats all im saying, he isnt great until he proves otherwise.
What was that stat? Rashford has more CL goals in Paris over the last 2 and a bit seasons than Mbappe has?