Kylian Mbappe | PSG

Silas

I was curious as to how it would be significant. Actually read the posts in the threads.
Ah, thought you'd actually not seen the 'discussion' anywhere. Wasn't arguing that it was significant.

Tarrou

in that Rashford/Mbappe thread almost all of the replies are people saying the comparison is ridiculous

but these threads only ever pop-up when one of our players is on a tear, so its understandable a few posters get a bit carried away

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He surely must have reservations about spending the rest of his career in the French League. Pay the extra 50m or whatever (compared to what Dortmund wanted for Sancho) and just get this lad. So many problems solved for so many years. I would want him to agree to less wages than what PSG are currently paying him though but that wouldn’t be a problem.
Extra £50m transfer fee? What about the extra £750,000 a week he would likely cost?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Seen a great description of him on twitter

Mbappé is the result of giving prime Henry 25/30% more acceleration both on/off the ball

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Mbappé is the result of giving prime Henry 25/30% more acceleration both on/off the ball
25/30% :lol:

2.5/3% is more realistic.

jackal&hyde

Rashford, Cavani and Mbappe as an interchangeble front 3 sounds good. Greenwood to replace Cavani in a couple of seasons. Make it happen Woody!

TheScriptwriter

Supports
Juventus

Mbappe will need to up his game a level before he can be compared to prime Henry. Not taking anything away from him, he is a very special player.

GMoore23

If PSG win the champions league I think they'll let him go this summer, if they don't, they'll probably hold on to him and lose him on a free.
If they win the CL, we should be sniffing around incase Madrid can't afford him.
6 year deal keep him 4 then let him go to Madrid.

KeanoMagicHat

Henry at his peak was one of the fastest forwards on the ball I’d seen. No way 30% more acceleration.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Messi must not be a fan of the kid.
He probably is an admirer. If your team getting beaten by a superior team makes you dislike their better players, he and every top player would end up irrationally disliking a lot of footballers.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Mbappe will need to up his game a level before he can be compared to prime Henry. Not taking anything away from him, he is a very special player.
I think Henry was more talented but I think Mbappe will end up the better player as he has more of a killer instinct and big ball mentality in big matches.

Bwuk

Mbappe was brilliant tonight.
We have big problems in defence.
Tuanzebe put Mbappe in his back pocket when we played PSG in Paris.
Just saying.
Tuanzebe has been a bombscare in every game since then.

Mbappe is a monster. He's unplayable when he's at it.

Haaland vs Mbappe - will be interesting to see who ends up as this generations great.

RoyH1

Fantastic player. That said, there's no way he'll be leaving PSG. They'll offer him so much money that common sense and sporting ambition won't matter. PSG can outbid anyone manifold with the natural gas riches of Qatar at their disposal.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If PSG win the champions league I think they'll let him go this summer, if they don't, they'll probably hold on to him and lose him on a free.
If they win the CL, we should be sniffing around incase Madrid can't afford him.
There is no circumstances in which they will wanna let him go. It will be a matter of him forcing it or not

Idxomer

Mbappe was brilliant tonight.
We have big problems in defence.
Tuanzebe put Mbappe in his back pocket when we played PSG in Paris.
Just saying.
Average defenders can raise their game and perform well against great players, it happens all the time.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
He’s better than Haaland IMO
This isn't even a question of course he's better than Haaland
Is he actually though? Mbappe is18 months older for a start and plays for a much better team.

Haaland's goals and assists to games to ratio this season is;
League 1.13
CL 1.5

Haaland has 23 goals and 6 assists in 23 games this season

Mbappe's goals and assists to games to ratio this season is;
League 1.05
CL 1.33

Mbappe has 21 goals and 9 assists in 29 games

So Haaland has 2 more goals and 3 fewer assists in 6 fewer games whilst being 18 months younger. Haaland is going to end up the more complete player in my opinion.

dinostar77

If he doesn't sign a new deal and it looks like he wont, then hes pretty much nailed on for Madrid. For him to come to any club in PL, would mean that club would have to tear apart their wage structure and give payrises to their current stars. If PSG did win the CL then he might stay who knows?

Ideally he wouldnt go to Madrid or Barcelona ( if the latter had the money) and would make a legend for himself elsewhere. Going to Madrid or Barcelona means you will be compared to CR7 and Messi. Thats a ridiculous ask.

His options are limited though. Not many clubs could afford the fee (would still be circa £100m this summer) and the financial package. His advisors arent stupid, they know his worth and he wants CR7/Messi/Neymar money. Only a few clubs can pay that: PSG, City, Chelsea and Real Madrid.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Is he actually though? Mbappe is18 months older for a start and plays for a much better team.

League 1.13
CL 1.5

League 1.05
CL 1.33

So Haaland has 2 more goals and 3 fewer assists in 6 fewer games whilst being 18 months younger. Haaland is going to end up the more complete player in my opinion.
Well we will have to wait and see. Right now, Mbappe is the more complete and explosive player IMO and has done more at the highest level. He does play for a better team though (club and country) so it will be interesting to see how Haaland copes when he goes to a big team. One issue with him however is that he has a terrible agent, so I fear for his future in that regard

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This isn't even a question of course he's better than Haaland
Haaland has better off-the-ball movement and better hold up play. When both play through the middle in the no.9 spot Haaland is better, IMO. On the wing of course Mbappe is the player to go with.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Put the PL bias aside for an instant, Mbappe is clear of Henry at the same age by a gigantic margin and he did significantly more in 1 WC than Henry in 4.

That said no he isn't PSG's best player and Neymar is much better than him as an overall player, yesterday was Mbappe's best performance in his career so far which was possible due to Barca's high line,slow CBs and overall terrible defending all around

dinostar77

Neymar is 29 and at his peak and Mbappe is 22 with his peak yet to come. That just shows how highly he is rated already. Would love to see both Neymar and Mbappe in PL but i dont see it happening. Maybe one of them will give it a go in their 30s.

mu4c_20le

He's been doing his thing at Monaco long before he moved to that better team. Haaland's numbers are impressive it can't be denied, but talent wise it's not really close.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Neymar is 29 and at his peak and Mbappe is 22 with his peak yet to come. That just shows how highly he is rated already. Would love to see both Neymar and Mbappe in PL but i dont see it happening. Maybe one of them will give it a go in their 30s.
Mbappe will never be as good as Neymar imo. That said he can easily have a better career if he stays injury free

crossy1686

career ending
Looking forward to seeing what he can do in Spain when he joins Madrid. As long as he stays at PSG they'll always be question marks over his ability at the top level.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

League 1.13
CL 1.5

League 1.05
CL 1.33

You could also simply watch them play to come to a conclusion which one is better.

SplitzMagic

Mbappe said he would love to play alongside Ronaldo one day and he has also said he likes utd too so yeah... Ill wait till summer to become an absolute top muppet.

But trust me, If we can sign ronaldo we'll easily sign mbappe. Especially as he has a year left on his contract this summer.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Mbappe said he would love to play alongside Ronaldo one day and he has also said he likes utd too so yeah... Ill wait till summer to become an absolute top muppet.

But trust me, If we can sign ronaldo we'll easily sign mbappe. Especially as he has a year left on his contract this summer.
No need to, you seem to have transformed already

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Mbappe will never be as good as Neymar imo. That said he can easily have a better career if he stays injury free
it depends what criteria your using to rate the players, technically Neymar, explosiveness and finishing its Mbappe. The main problem I have with Neymar is I find him incredibly hard to like.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Killer instinct how?
I just trust him to stick the finish in big games and generally be himself whereas Henry tended to be subdued bar a few exceptions (Euro 2000 and UCL 05/06).