Kylian Mbappe | PSG

SplitzMagic

No need to, you seem to have transformed already
Ha not yet. If its true that Ronaldo would come back it certainly makes it possible to sign Mbappe.

If not it'll be Ronaldo to PSG then and maybe even Messi too :lol:

dinostar77

Will Mbappe be up against prime Cristiano and Messi for that honour?
Would Neymar win balon d'or's if CR7/Messi werent around? I doubt it. Talented as he is, theres a massive football fanbase turned off by his theatrics. Wish he'd come to PL those theatrics would disappear quickly and he'd be a better player for it. Not some i rate personally. A primadonna who once again is "injured" around the time of his sisters birthday yet again.

Stacks

Put the PL bias aside for an instant, Mbappe is clear of Henry at the same age by a gigantic margin and he did significantly more in 1 WC than Henry in 4.

That said no he isn't PSG's best player and Neymar is much better than him as an overall player, yesterday was Mbappe's best performance in his career so far which was possible due to Barca's high line,slow CBs and overall terrible defending all around
Not revelent. It's about their peak level. Due to Henry's earlier career as a winger, i believe he will always remain technically superior to Kylian. His FK, long range goals, vision and passing were elite. Mbappe would have to improve in many different attributes technically to match Henry. Also Henry first world cup he scored the same amount as Mbappe and won whilst the competition was higher. think
I just trust him to stick the finish in big games and generally be himself whereas Henry tended to be subdued bar a few exceptions (Euro 2000 and UCL 05/06).
Have you seen Henry's record against big rivals in the Premier league? Subdued? Henry literally scored in all the big games bar a few. Its basically the opposite. Mbappe missed great chances vs Bayern last season in CL. they lost. he also failed to score a single goal in the knock out rounds last season (5 games). Scored once vs us in the 2nd round knock out and they went out. Season before didn't score at all in the 2nd round exit to Real Madrid. Bar his fist season he has literally scored in hardly any crunch games in the CL, bar a few group games. The fact PSG crash out every knock out stage once Neymar gets injured should suggest that Mbappe isn't really scoring in the big games. What actual big games does he score in? Are ou basing this solely on the world cup final and quarter vs Argentina? Are there even any big games in France?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
That is exactly my point, people have the opinion that Ronaldo is better than Messi even though if you watch them without looking at stats Messi looks visually better. But the argument for Ronaldo being better is very strong.
Its what you prefer and each personal opinion, is just that personal opinion.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Also Henry first world cup he scored the same amount as Mbappe and won whilst the competition was higher. think
Henry scored 3 goals in 1998. All in groupstage against Saudi Arabia (2 goals) and South Africa (1 goal)

After that he didn't score a single goal for the rest of the competition and only started the Ro16 game as he was on the bench for Qf/Sf/Final (he did come on in the 31th minute vs Croatia due to an injury tho)

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Looked really clinical against Barca from what I've seen. Not only regarding his finishing but also his overall play. Let's see if he can keep that up. I wasn't too impressed by his overall game in the past. He's lightning quick but sometimes quicker than the ball and as long as that remains the case, I don't see him reaching Neymar or even Messi levels of performances.

fck

Supports
Bayern
But look at how many people think Ronaldo is better than Messi, which you could say that exact sentence for. People will always have an opinion on player comparisons.
comparing players by numbers and stats (unless it's a really large difference) is way too simple. They play in different leagues and teams and have different roles in their teams. Just because you score a couple more goals doesn't mean you are the better player. You really have to watch them play.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Odd considering your need for a CB and his performances for Roma. I'm surprised he is only 31 TBH.
That's a big feck up. Smalling should have played next to Maguire. We would have been much better defensively and also would have cleared everything in the air.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
His first touch can still be a bit loose at times. Scary to think how good he'll be in a few years when his game becomes even more well rounded

Valencia Shin Crosses

Is he actually though? Mbappe is18 months older for a start and plays for a much better team.

Haaland's goals and assists to games to ratio this season is;
League 1.13
CL 1.5

Haaland has 23 goals and 6 assists in 23 games this season

Mbappe's goals and assists to games to ratio this season is;
League 1.05
CL 1.33

Mbappe has 21 goals and 9 assists in 29 games

So Haaland has 2 more goals and 3 fewer assists in 6 fewer games whilst being 18 months younger. Haaland is going to end up the more complete player in my opinion.
I never said Mbappe is the better goal scorer, I said he's the better player. He's far more complete imo than Haaland is, who plays more like RVN on steroids. Which isn't to say EBH isn't a great player but he is, just don't think anyone is really on Mbappe's level bar a few in the world.

Stacks

Henry scored 3 goals in 1998. All in groupstage against Saudi Arabia (2 goals) and South Africa (1 goal)

After that he didn't score a single goal for the rest of the competition and only started the Ro16 game as he was on the bench for Qf/Sf/Final (he did come on in the 31th minute vs Croatia due to an injury tho)
Henry also scored 3 in Euro 2000, 3 in Euro 2006 including vs Brazil. I'm not really fussed. I can concede Mbappe had a better world cup overall. As mentioned before the competition back then was waaaay higher than today. None of the strong sides from Henry's era are even relevant today with few legendary or hall of fame level players in this current crop.

Josh 76

His first touch can still be a bit loose at times. Scary to think how good he'll be in a few years when his game becomes even more well rounded
It's very rare players who peak at an early age are still at that level in their late 20s. Rooney, Owen, Fowler, Gazza are just a few names on top of my head. Then there are players who become great in their late 20s, who were not world class in their late teens.

The only two who I can think of who have played world class football for 10 years and over are Messi and Ronaldo.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
It's very rare players who peak at an early age are still at that level in their late 20s. Rooney, Owen, Fowler, Gazza are just a few names on top of my head. Then there are players who become great in their late 20s, who were not world class in their late teens.

The only two who I can think of who have played world class football for 10 years and over are Messi and Ronaldo.
Beckham comes to mind instantly. I'm sure there are many others from earlier generations. The only thing I know for certain about Mbappe is if I have him in my FIFA 21 squad, he scores against everyone. He will be a great talent to see if he stands the test of time. So many great potential careers cut short to injury. The thing that made the Messi - Ronaldo debate worthwhile is both stayed healthy.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Would Neymar win balon d'or's if CR7/Messi werent around? I doubt it. Talented as he is, theres a massive football fanbase turned off by his theatrics. Wish he'd come to PL those theatrics would disappear quickly and he'd be a better player for it. Not some i rate personally. A primadonna who once again is "injured" around the time of his sisters birthday yet again.
Well he’s come third on two occasions behind Messi and Cristiano so probably would have.

tjb

If PSG win the UCL, they aren't selling Mbappe. In fact, I think it would actually legitimize them as a big club for other French players, and would instead scoop up talent like Bayern does in the Bundesliga.

It would also encourage investment into potential rivals...the Lyons and Marseilles of the world. Similar to how United's UCL win brought more attention to the premier league with Chelsea and City gaining major investors.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
But look at how many people think Ronaldo is better than Messi, which you could say that exact sentence for. People will always have an opinion on player comparisons.
I agree with you. And since we are on a United forum there will always be more Ronaldo fans than on average.

When it comes to Haaland vs Mbappe i would ask the question: “You can have 1 of them for your team. Which one is it?“. I would think/hope the vast majority goes for Mbappe.

dinostar77

If PSG win the UCL, they aren't selling Mbappe. In fact, I think it would actually legitimize them as a big club for other French players, and would instead scoop up talent like Bayern does in the Bundesliga.

It would also encourage investment into potential rivals...the Lyons and Marseilles of the world. Similar to how United's UCL win brought more attention to the premier league with Chelsea and City gaining major investors.
Mbappe can leave for free next summer. So if he doesnt sign a new deal. Then PSG have a decision to make. As nice as it would be to see the return of Marseille etc it aint gonna happen anytime soon. The tv deal collapsed so alot of ligue 1 clubs are skint. Besides PSG are backed by a nation state like city. Would need someone like Saudi Arabia coming into French football to give PSG real competition.

cyberman

Yeah, those 2 have altered how we judge players and not for the better.
Already we are looking for a dominant heir to the throne or a x versus y narrative after the decade long Messi / Ronaldo comparison when the reality is its going to be a Salah who wins one year, KDB the next or if Bruno fires us to CL glory then Kane goes to Bayern and fires them to CL glory etc
The logical conclusion is there isnt going to be another dominant couple of players that fight it out for supremacy.

dinostar77

Yeah, those 2 have altered how we judge players and not for the better.
Already we are looking for a dominant heir to the throne or a x versus y narrative after the decade long Messi / Ronaldo comparison when the reality is its going to be a Salah who wins one year, KDB the next or if Bruno fires us to CL glory then Kane goes to Bayern and fires them to CL glory etc
The logical conclusion is there isnt going to be another dominant couple of players that fight it out for supremacy.
Yeh probably not for a few decades at least.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Implying he faked being injured because of his sister's birthday is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. It's a shame someone even thought of writing that.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
@giorno @GatoLoco
Acting like a good madridista, he has already identified the biggest rat :lol:
"He has apologized (Dest). You are conceited/too full of yourself."
"In the street I kill you"
Piqué "who are you going to kill"
"you are learning from the worst, fool" (Neymar?)

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Implying he faked being injured because of his sister's birthday is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. It's a shame someone even thought of writing that.
Stay away from social media would be my suggestion. He definitely isn't faking an injury, but he has definitely picked up needless yellow cards in the past to get himself suspended around the same time of the year. His injuries with PSG were legitimate, but the consistent timing will give some people ammunition. He is lucky that Mbappe had such a big night, because if Barcelona were winning this, Neymar would be the biggest culprit once again.

Edit: To clarify my position on this, I think the biggest culprit was the decision to have him play in the early stage of a French cup against Caen when there's a champion's league knockout game 6 days away.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
@giorno @GatoLoco
Acting like a good madridista, he has already identified the biggest rat :lol:
"He has apologized (Dest). You are conceited/too full of yourself."
"In the street I kill you"
Piqué "who are you going to kill"
"you are learning from the worst, fool" (Neymar?)
:eek:

:lol:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Stay away from social media would be my suggestion. He definitely isn't faking an injury, but he has definitely picked up needless yellow cards in the past to get himself suspended around the same time of the year. His injuries with PSG were legitimate, but the consistent timing will give some people ammunition. He is lucky that Mbappe had such a big night, because if Barcelona were winning this, Neymar would be the biggest culprit once again.

Edit: To clarify my position on this, I think the biggest culprit was the decision to have him play in the early stage of a French cup against Caen when there's a champion's league knockout game 6 days away.
I can totally admit that he did in the past but since he's at PSG, he really was injured and there's no doubt about that. I thought people would, on this forum, raise the bar a little compared to social media. It seems I was wrong.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I can totally admit that he did in the past but since he's at PSG, he really was injured and there's no doubt about that. I thought people would, on this forum, raise the bar a little compared to social media. It seems I was wrong.
Oh you're precious. :lol:

Kidding aside, there's some who only see Neymar in the CL and have absolutely zero idea of what's happening in Ligue 1, which is where he's always had his injuries, usually in meaningless games, especially that last one. You obviously can never predict an injury, and you pay a player that much you want to see him play, but that Caen appearance was just awful man-management by Poch IMO.

Also to bring it back to topic, this seems to be the year where Mbappe and Haaland are taking over the football world from Messi and CR7. Lewandowski might still have something to say about it though.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Oh you're precious. :lol:

Kidding aside, there's some who only see Neymar in the CL and have absolutely zero idea of what's happening in Ligue 1, which is where he's always had his injuries, usually in meaningless games, especially that last one. You obviously can never predict an injury, and you pay a player that much you want to see him play, but that Caen appearance was just awful man-management by Poch IMO.

Also to bring it back to topic, this seems to be the year where Mbappe and Haaland are taking over the football world.
Ok I exagerated a bit ^^

That's a tough one though, because neymar only played 25mn against Marseille and Pochettino was planning on resting him at the 60th mn. He got injured at the 59th...

dinostar77

There have been numerous articles about it. Happens every year around his sisters birthday. Go google it.