Kylian Mbappe | PSG

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
There have been numerous articles about it. Happens every year around his sisters birthday. Go google it.
Listen, I don't need articles. Since he joined PSG, he got injured very badly around this date (2 broken ankles, 2 serious injuries), he obviously didn't fake that, he was out for 1 to 4 months each time and it screwed his last world cup.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
@carvajal yeah saw that too, love it :lol: you can tell the guy is getting ready to sign for us :drool::drool::drool:

dinostar77

Listen, I don't need articles. Since he joined PSG, he got injured very badly around this date (2 broken ankles, 2 serious injuries), he obviously didn't fake that, he was out for 1 to 4 months each time and it screwed his last world cup.
Ok confirmation bias then.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
See Wenger has come out with the usual ‘ he could have signed for Arsenal’ story.

Mr.Kaya

Pretty quiet against Monaco yesterday, wasnt he? His team ended up loosing 2-0 to them yesterday. Doubt he'll win CL anytime soon with this PSG team.

dinostar77

Transfer Window podcast saying that Messi decision whether to sign for PSG is key to what happens to Mbappe.

Mbappe wants to go to Spain or failing that PL. Where his preference is Liverpool (to work with klopp) but he likes Utd as well. Issue with liverpool is that Salah is best paid player on 200k a week. Mbappe would want double that i.e. 400k a week. Also PSG wouldnt sell for less than €150mil this summer. Liverpool and Utd cant afford that package.

He may just re-sign with PSG or stay for another year and go for a free.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Transfer Window podcast saying that Messi decision whether to sign for PSG is key to what happens to Mbappe.

Mbappe wants to go to Spain or failing that PL. Where his preference is Liverpool (to work with klopp) but he likes Utd as well. Issue with liverpool is that Salah is best paid player on 200k a week. Mbappe would want double that i.e. 400k a week. Also PSG wouldnt sell for less than €150mil this summer. Liverpool and Utd cant afford that package.

Please do not believe that Mbappe would sign a contract that only pays him 400k per week. Maaaaayyyybe if that was net and not gross.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

PSG won't allow him to stay another year without an extension. They'll have to sell him, and they may have to settle for less than 150m if they can't come to an agreement soon. I think he's going to do a one year extension, let clubs recover from the pandemic, and go for the big move next summer.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
There is the delicious irony of the World Cup in Qatar being played in winter, which means the usual threat of "sit out a world cup year and good luck with that" is greatly diminished by the fact Mbappé will have a couple months of football at his new club going into the WC

Qatari ownership screwed by their own world cup :lol:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Fairly decent goal from Mbappé tonight :

First game I miss from PSG in a while and he does this. What a beauty of a goal, it cracked the net and the goalkeeper didn't even register what happened. He's really starting to kick into form. Barcelona may have a few more nightmares coming their way with him.

izec

I rate him highly but to be fair to him he didn't do much there, the midfielders done feck all, the defenders done feck all the the keeper done feck all.
There is not much to do. The midfielder had no chance once the ball was lost, defender afraid of committing (99% would be) and GK had no chance (if you see a different camera angle). It wasnt a special goal per se, but difficult to stop

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
There is not much to do. The midfielder had no chance once the ball was lost, defender afraid of committing (99% would be) and GK had no chance (if you see a different camera angle). It wasnt a special goal per se, but difficult to stop
The defender closest to him should have shown him to the inside where there was another defender was covering, probably wouldn't have lead to a different outcome but would have given them a chance. As with most players of Mbappe's class, some of their success comes with the opposition being shit scared to make a mistake .

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I rate him highly but to be fair to him he didn't do much there, the midfielders done feck all, the defenders done feck all the the keeper done feck all.
I disagree. Of course the ball loss is bad but Mbappe has this way of leading the defenders where he wants, he starts attacking the center and drifts left, then puts it totally out of reach from the keeper with his left foot, it's harder than it looks. Not the goal of the century but a pretty nice one. With his pace Mbappé would have slashed through the defense had the defender "shown him the inside", no way the 2nd one would have caught up.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
To be fair to the keeper, no one in the world would have stopped that shot.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I disagree. Of course the ball loss is bad but Mbappe has this way of leading the defenders where he wants, he starts attacking the center and drifts left, then puts it totally out of reach from the keeper with his left foot, it's harder than it looks. Not the goal of the century but a pretty nice one. With his pace Mbappé would have slashed through the defense had the defender "shown him the inside", no way the 2nd one would have caught up.
To be fair to the keeper, no one in the world would have stopped that shot.
Not saying anything different but the defender was beaten on pure fear, not on any special ability in this example other than speed and confidence. Yes the shot was probably unstoppable given the position he was in, but there should have been some effort by the closet defender to get in the way. Brest v PSG is alike to say City v Derby, I am not slighting Mbappe here but think its difference in class goal than an awesome goal.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Not saying anything different but the defender was beaten on pure fear, not on any special ability in this example other than speed and confidence. Yes the shot was probably unstoppable given the position he was in, but there should have been some effort by the closet defender to get in the way. Brest v PSG is alike to say City v Derby, I am not slighting Mbappe here but think its difference in class goal than an awesome goal.
Just sounds like nitpicking to me a bit. I think most defenders in this situation are at the mercy of Mbappe, no matter their level, but even more so when it's someone like a defender for Brest. He's gone at defenders like that, his first goal for France against the Netherlands has a similar running start to it where he's turning the defender inside out as he's tracking back with Mbappe coming at him. It's just a horrible position for any defenders to be in when you deal with this kind of player. I think defenders should always do a bit better, but the goalkeeper couldn't do anything more, which is who I was really defending more so than the defender.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I agree about the fact that it's a class goal and not an awesome goal but it's been a while since we've seen Mbappé that assertive from his left foot so i thought it was worth mentionning.

Just sounds like nitpicking to me a bit. I think most defenders in this situation are at the mercy of Mbappe, no matter their level, but even more so when it's someone like a defender for Brest. He's gone at defenders like that, his first goal for France against the Netherlands has a similar running start to it where he's turning the defender inside out as he's tracking back with Mbappe coming at him. It's just a horrible position for any defenders to be in when you deal with this kind of player. I think defenders should always do a bit better, but the goalkeeper couldn't do anything more, which is who I was really defending more so than the defender.
It's one of his favourite move, he leads the defender on one side and turns him inside out when the defender turns his head for a split second, usually it confuses them a lot and gives him the advantage.

RooneyLegend

Very few defenders in world football can do anything about that. There's no answer to that pace and power. He's was doing such things to the Juve backline who apparently have Havard degrees in defending when he was a teenager.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I've noticed this a couple of times now but today's PSG result has made me post this - he just gives off the vibe of being horrifically cocky and a sore loser.

Once again, walks straight off the pitch instead of shaking any of the opposition's hands. People may call me a "snowflake" but it's something that irks me. Being a sore loser is such an unpleasant sight.

Nevertheless, hell of a talent obviously.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I've noticed this a couple of times now but today's PSG result has made me post this - he just gives off the vibe of being horrifically cocky and a sore loser.

Once again, walks straight off the pitch instead of shaking any of the opposition's hands. People may call me a "snowflake" but it's something that irks me. Being a sore loser is such an unpleasant sight.

Nevertheless, hell of a talent obviously.
That's not a vibe, it's been pretty apparent since the World Cup. He's one of the world's biggest star at 22y old, getting insane amount of money and injuries permitting, will decide where and when he goes for the next 10 to 15 years. I think it's going to get worse as soon as he gets to a bigger club. He's like a nastier version of Henry's arrogance.

Raredaredevil

Can someone please explain to me how on earth did PSG lose to Nantes at home?! How did Mbappe play?

cpresc

I’m bubbling this up as feel it’s mental that he’s a World Class future Ballon d’or Winner, a right sided attacker, only about 22 and most likely available this summer and yet there’s not a billion posts about everyone here wanting him..

why?

Him, Rashford and Greenwood in attack ahead of Bruno would be insanely entertaining

RooneyLegend

I’m bubbling this up as feel it’s mental that he’s a World Class future Ballon d’or Winner, a right sided attacker, only about 22 and most likely available this summer and yet there’s not a billion posts about everyone here wanting him..

why?

Him, Rashford and Greenwood in attack ahead of Bruno would be insanely entertaining
There's a feeling here that we don't have a chance of getting him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

why?

Because he’s going to want wages that only Oil can afford.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

why?

Because even the Caf recognizes that there's more chance of a snowstorm in hell than us signing him? Just a guess....

Baneofthegame

Because even the Caf recognizes that there's more chance of a snowstorm in hell than us signing him? Just a guess....
This.

We have a better chance of getting Messi and Ronaldo together this summer than Mbappe coming here.

Redlyn

Who is going to pay 120m in this climate when he can sign a pre-contract in Jan for free? Even for him that's too much. He holds all the cards, it basically comes down to where he wants to go as long as his wage demands are reasonable. If I'm him I will pick the club I want and just move there. Either this summer for an affordable fee or next summer for free.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Who is going to pay 120m in this climate when he can sign a pre-contract in Jan for free? Even for him that's too much. He holds all the cards, it basically comes down to where he wants to go as long as his wage demands are reasonable. If I'm him I will pick the club I want and just move there. Either this summer for an affordable fee or next summer for free.
Come on Ole, bring him home! :drool: