Kylian Mbappe | PSG

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
What's his ambition? We'll see how it goes in the 2nd leg but it's hard to hide the fact that Real Madrid is at the end of a cycle. The only thing that could make him stay in Paris for 1 or 2 extra years is if he thinks Real won't be able to compete in the CL anytime soon.

La Liga is declining for a couple of years now, and this season it's been a total shitshow. I'm not sure that his ambition can be fulfilled by winning La Liga in the worst era in decades while being eliminated early in the CL. It's obvious this Real Madrid team needs a full rebuilding, otherwise they'll fall short every time they face a decent opposition. I mean they were totally dominated by a PSG with an very average Messi, a bad Di Maria, and Danilo/Paredes in the midfield.
Mbappé dreams about winning Balloon D'or, he knows he won't win balloon D'or playing in PSG, unless he wins the CL.
And for the record, only scoring in Serie A and Bundesliga neither gives balloon D'or anymore.

PL and La Liga are the two leagues that gives Balloon D'or nowadays, and I'm sure Mbappé is aware if this.If you play in other leagues, the only chance to win a Balloon is winning CL or an international tournament.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
PL and La Liga are the two leagues that gives Balloon D'or nowadays, and I'm sure Mbappé is aware if this.If you play in other leagues, the only chance to win a Balloon is winning CL or an international tournament.
You won't get a ballon d'or by only scoring in La Liga if your team is eliminated early in the CL and if you don't reach at least a semi final in an international tournament, these days are over. I'm pretty sure that Mbappé would pick a decent chance for the CL title every year over La Liga any day of the week. If Real presents a good plan to rebuild the team, they'll probably sign him. If it's not good enough, PSG has a chance to renew his contract for 1 year or 2.

Ladron de redcafe

You won't get a ballon d'or by only scoring in La Liga if your team is eliminated early in the CL and if you don't reach at least a semi final in an international tournament, these days are over. I'm pretty sure that Mbappé would pick a decent chance for the CL title every year over La Liga any day of the week. If Real presents a good plan to rebuild the team, they'll probably sign him. If it's not good enough, PSG has a chance to renew his contract for 1 year or 2.
But winning La Liga (or even better, a double) means a better chance at a balón d'or than doing the same thing in France. At Madrid, he will have a huge marketing campaign behind him and his chances are much higher than Spain.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Mbappe would be a top Ballon D'or contender had he not failed with France against Switzerland in the Euros.
La Liga seems to be in a free fall this year with the way Atletico, Real and Barca are performing. I would not be surprised if he stays at PSG after a great CL campaign.

L1nk

Real Madrid will offer him a fair amount as it is, even if its not as high as PSG's offer and the fact he is obviously dreaming of going to Real Madrid means it's unlikely he will stay. the PSG president can dream all he wants and put in all the money he wants PSG will always be seen as a smaller club amongst the European elite, Mbappe has the talent to be one of the best players to have ever played the game in my opinion and I just don't see him fulfilling that potential at PSG in the French league

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
But winning La Liga (or even better, a double) means a better chance at a balón d'or than doing the same thing in France. At Madrid, he will have a huge marketing campaign behind him and his chances are much higher than Spain.
If you take into account equal performances in the CL, yes of course. That's why I say that it depends how Mbappé perceives the chances of both PSG and Real Madrid in the CL. PSG has the advantage of having more money and a more promising/younger foundation with players like Donnarumma, Hakimi, Marquinhos, Mendes, Kimpembe, Verratti etc.

Ladron de redcafe

If you take into account equal performances in the CL, yes of course. That's why I say that it depends how Mbappé perceives the chances of both PSG and Real Madrid in the CL. PSG has the advantage of having more money and a more promising/younger foundation with players like Donnarumma, Hakimi, Marquinhos, Mendes, Kimpembe, Verratti etc.
That's true. They have a better squad than Madrid and present a better opportunity, assuming the latter don't also sign Haaland in the same market.

What's his ambition? We'll see how it goes in the 2nd leg but it's hard to hide the fact that Real Madrid is at the end of a cycle. The only thing that could make him stay in Paris for 1 or 2 extra years is if he thinks Real won't be able to compete in the CL anytime soon.

La Liga is declining for a couple of years now, and this season it's been a total shitshow. I'm not sure that his ambition can be fulfilled by winning La Liga in the worst era in decades while being eliminated early in the CL. It's obvious this Real Madrid team needs a full rebuilding, otherwise they'll fall short every time they face a decent opposition. I mean they were totally dominated by a PSG with an very average Messi, a bad Di Maria, and Danilo/Paredes in the midfield.
He wants to go down in the history of the game and he's not going to do that at PSG. Whether La Liga is on the decline or not, Real Madrid will always be the biggest name in the sport. Historically they never take longer than a couple of years to rebuild anyway and he's still young. Win with Madrid and he'll go down as an all time great.

He has to leave France, for his legacy and his footballing development, and I don't see where else he goes. I can't imagine him in England for some reason.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He wants to go down in the history of the game and he's not going to do that at PSG. Whether La Liga is on the decline or not, Real Madrid will always be the biggest name in the sport. Historically they never take longer than a couple of years to rebuild anyway and he's still young. Win with Madrid and he'll go down as an all time great.

He has to leave France, for his legacy and his footballing development, and I don't see where else he goes. I can't imagine him in England for some reason.
So why not wait a couple of extra years, compete for the CL with PSG and go to Real when their team is up to high level standards? If (huge if) he extends at PSG, it would be for a short contract, not for 5 extra years. I mean we're on a United forum, I'm assuming people can figure out here that playing for one of the biggest name in the sport doesn't automatically make you a ballon d'or contender.

So why not wait a couple of extra years, compete for the CL with PSG and go to Real when their team is up to high level standards? If (huge if) he extends at PSG, it would be for a short contract, not for 5 extra years. I mean we're on a United forum, I'm assuming people can figure out here that playing for one of the biggest name in the sport doesn't automatically make you a ballon d'or contender.
He's 23 and the hottest prospect in football alongside Haaland. Strike while the iron is hot. His star wont rise any further from where it is now at PSG so why wait? He needs to be in a higher profile league to move up from here.

I'd say the last couple of years showed being at a big club does automatically make you a contender. In any event, you have to go all the way back to 1996 to find a Ballon D'or won by somebody NOT at the biggest clubs in the sport (Messi's last was for his work at Barcelona, not PSG).

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Real Madrid will offer him a fair amount as it is, even if its not as high as PSG's offer and the fact he is obviously dreaming of going to Real Madrid means it's unlikely he will stay. the PSG president can dream all he wants and put in all the money he wants PSG will always be seen as a smaller club amongst the European elite, Mbappe has the talent to be one of the best players to have ever played the game in my opinion and I just don't see him fulfilling that potential at PSG in the French league
The latter part has always been true, he's only 23 of course. If he'd broken out older, pretty sure he wouldn't have spent so long at PSG. Sure they might win the CL this year and they don't win the title every year, just nearly every year...

If he wants to put himself at the highest level of league football, needs to come to the premier league... That definitely wasn't true 4 or 5 years ago. La Liga has declined very considerably since then. He'll probably go to Real Madrid, they need a huge rebuild, as we saw in the game against PSG, no guarantee they'll be near the CL again soon.

Wondering if PL teams have approached ?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
His team has been a candidate for the Champions League for four years. What will happen if you don't win in 2022/23? Another renewal to keep trying? At some point he will have to take the step.
I don't think that the general consideration of the public is going to rise suddenly, especially when the covers, for better or worse, will continue to be taken by Messi, or at least he will have to share them.
Will they promise him to be the leader? Leading a project when it's assumed to be a short-term contract doesn't make much sense either.
Personally I am not a friend of wars between leagues, especially when I think that the super league is the future, but I think it is the right time to try something different.
La liga is bad but there is and will be a fight between two very popular teams, and perhaps it could create a rivalry with Haaland (assuming he goes to Barcelona).
In Paris he will be part of a magnificent trident, in Madrid he will be God.
If he was 20 years old and the absolute leader of the team, if Olympique de Marseille were super rich and had a star... I would surely understand a renewal

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
His football brain is second to none
He's 23 and the hottest prospect in football alongside Haaland. Strike while the iron is hot. His star wont rise any further from where it is now at PSG so why wait? He needs to be in a higher profile league to move up from here.

I'd say the last couple of years showed being at a big club does automatically make you a contender. In any event, you have to go all the way back to 1996 to find a Ballon D'or won by somebody NOT at the biggest clubs in the sport (Messi's last was for his work at Barcelona, not PSG).
The iron will stay hot for years. And it's obvious his star CAN rise further at PSG, it will if the team reaches a CL final or if France wins the world cup.

Your analysis is totally biased, obviously it went to players in the biggest clubs when they were winning and competing at the highest level with 2 GOATS. United is a huge club that doesn't win in a huge league, how many BO contenders there?

Personally I am not a friend of wars between leagues, especially when I think that the super league is the future, but I think it is the right time to try something different.
La liga is bad but there is and will be a fight between two very popular teams, and perhaps it could create a rivalry with Haaland (assuming he goes to Barcelona).
In Paris he will be part of a magnificent trident, in Madrid he will be God.
If he was 20 years old and the absolute leader of the team, if Olympique de Marseille were super rich and had a star... I would surely understand a renewal
Why though? You can also have the opposite thought process. He keeps on improving at PSG, he's absolutely lethal in the CL against top clubs, he mentionned several times that Pochettino made him work on very important aspects of his game and he can learn from players like Neymar, Messi or Ramos. Even if I don't think it'll happen to him, he can also see players like Hazard who tried "something different" and ruined his carreer. Being patient 1 or 2 extra years could make sense especially when you have a workd cup around the corner.

The iron will stay hot for years. And it's obvious his star CAN rise further at PSG, it will if the team reaches a CL final or if France wins the world cup.

Your analysis is totally biased, obviously it went to players in the biggest clubs when they were winning and competing at the highest level with 2 GOATS. United is a huge club that doesn't win in a huge league, how many BO contenders there?
He's already won the World Cup where he starred and scored in the final. Another won't do much. If, a big if, PSG win the CL it will be a nice tick but the league doesn't get enough exposure.

United is a mess, of course we don't have BO contenders.

Polar

Mbappe is the best attacking player in the world, already at the age of 23y. He is the most extreme player I’ve seen the last 10y. His goal against RM was unbelievable.

Gandalf

Wondering if PL teams have approached ?
I really doubt it, notwithstanding the fact that there are thousands of delusional dippers who think he has already agreed a contract with them. In reality I cannot imagine him moving to any of the PL teams even if they made a run at him. He seems to be stuck on the idea of joining a club for its historical status as much as anything which would tend to rule out City and Chelsea considering that if it was just about money he could get that and stay in Paris. Liverpool might fit the bill but won't pay anywhere near enough to meet his wage demands and we are not exactly at our best right now. I think Spain is the only logical fit with his ambitions and Barca don't have the cash so Madrid it is.

Marat

A very high level game yesterday

if you can check the highlights against saint etienne

His peak is not yet close

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
A level below.
Messi was already been called GOAT at that time by many circles. While Cristiano was already a Ballon D'or winner and best player in the world by 23.
Yeah, he's not versatile enough to be compared to Messi or both Ronaldo. His composure in big games and his leadership is probably a leval above though, his maturity is amazing.

Righteous Steps

Yeah, he's not versatile enough to be compared to Messi or both Ronaldo. His composure in big games and his leadership is probably a leval above though, his maturity is amazing.
I don’t get what you mean by not versatile enough, he can’t be compared to Messi but he most certainly can to Ronaldo at the same age.

Righteous Steps

How close is he to Messi and CR were when they were 23?
Much closer to Ronaldo than Messi, Messi is an alien who combined being the best playmaker and goalscorer at the same time, Mbappe is like that but scaled down much like CR7.

MrEleson

A level below Messi, similar level to CR
Much closer to Ronaldo than Messi, Messi is an alien who combined being the best playmaker and goalscorer at the same time, Mbappe is like that but scaled down much like CR7.
Fair enough. Personally, I’d say he’s still a level below 23 year old Ronaldo that was dominating the PL & Europe in 2008 and sweeping all honours before him. I feel Ronaldo at the same age could also do more things (good in the air, good FKs and long shots, better dribbler (albeit not massively)).
Mbappe no doubt is generational though and is destined to win plenty of BDORs.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I don’t get what you mean by not versatile enough, he can’t be compared to Messi but he most certainly can to Ronaldo at the same age.
Not really, he's not good at finishing in the box (even if Ronaldo got even better a bit later), no good headers, his shots aren't very powerful. He has other skills though, like what he did 2 days ago, this assist is absolutely amazing :

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Mbappe is more similar to R9 than Cristiano.. His explosiveness, speed remind me of R9 and he is more technical than Cristiano.

MrEleson

Mbappe is more similar to R9 than Cristiano.. His explosiveness, speed remind me of R9 and he is more technical than Cristiano.
In what way is he more technical than Cristiano exactly? And I’m not talking about the current ancient version of the player.
I do agree he’s similar to R9 with his blistering pace and the sheer directness of his play.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Danilo scoring quite a few for PSG aint he
He's a roller-coaster of a player to support, one day I love him, the next I want him to never play again. He has been getting better, even though he was at fault for the goal PSG conceded with a stupid mistake, but managed to make up for it.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
How is this guy dreaming of Madrid? it's not like they're at their peak anymore.
More chances of winning Ballon D'or.

He won't win Balloon at PSG, unless he wins the UCL, same goes for playing in current Bundesliga and Serie A, so that discards Bayern, Juventus, Inter, etc
And neither Liverpool or City need Mbappé, they are doing fine without him.

So the viable option it's Real Madrid.

Seems great that he is refusing a new juicy contract at PSG just to play in the team he wants to achieve his goals as footballer.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The legendary status he'd reach winning trophies at Madrid is just bigger than at PSG. It's as simple as that, he wants to leave a mark in history

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
They literally went to the CL semi final last season. He’d make them one of the favorites.
No he would not, in the same way that he doesn't make PSG one of the favorites. Real Madrid pretty much has to rebuild their entire team bar 2-3 positions in the next 2 years or so, it'll take more than Mbappe.