Kylian Mbappe | PSG

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
How clubs want to compete with things like that :confused:

Anduin

If I’d be in Mbappe’s shoes, I’d take this offer and stay for two more years in Paris. He can watch Real rebuilding and then join in 2024 at his peak. It’s probably better for Real as well, so they can go all in for Haaland now.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
If I’d be in Mbappe’s shoes, I’d take this offer and stay for two more years in Paris. He can watch Real rebuilding and then join in 2024 at his peak. It’s probably better for Real as well, so they can go all in for Haaland now.
I'd take the offer and enjoy my retirement in the Caribbean after two years :lol:

cyberman

yeah, I’d stay. Madrid are at least two years off the top clubs anyway.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
yeah, I’d stay. Madrid are at least two years off the top clubs anyway.
Madrid was in a worse state when Ronaldo moved there from United as UCL finalist...he was part of the rebuilt along with Benzema,Bale,etc

cyberman

Madrid was in a worse state when Ronaldo moved there from United as UCL finalist...he was part of the rebuilt along with Benzema,Bale,etc
Oh I know, I’ve long argued he joined Madrid a few seasons too early. At least a few league titles and CL opportunities left on the table by him

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Don't forget Kaka' who had won the ballon d'or the year before and I believe Xabi Alonso came as well or maybe that was later? Either way, they came with serious reinforcements. Madrid might get him on a free, but it's going to be a considerable signing bonus that might as well be a transfer fee for an upper-level talent, plus crazy wages, if then they're crazy enough to go for Haaland as well, that rebuild is going to take a long time and I think they'll struggle to get past teams like the PL big 3 in Europe and maybe even Barcelona in their own league if Xavi keeps them progressing like this; but they'll undeniably be fun to watch.

Marat

no serious project around him
only feckers and big names but no respect for the spirit of football. PSG is being handled like a joke

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Oh I know, I’ve long argued he joined Madrid a few seasons too early. At least a few league titles and CL opportunities left on the table by him
This is a very good point and people often forget for how long his move to Madrid looked like it would be a failure from a silverware perspective.

If we are to take into consideration the trophies that really matter (La Liga, CL), he won only one in his first four years at the club - La Liga in 2012.

It nearly became one in five, but Ramos then scored that late goal vs Atletico in the CL final and the rest, as they say, is history.

KeanoMagicHat

Mbappé has carried PSG for a few years alongside part-timers like Neymar and Verratti, they're offering him so much for a reason. But after this I can't see him staying.

Paul_Scholes18

He was brilliant yesterday. His speed is something else.

How I wish Rashford could play like him.

Today is a good day for comunicado oficial
This has to be the year. He can't waste another season of his development in France.

Sad to say but poor coaching and lack of playing in a high level team has cost Rashford and his game now shows it. Mbappe can't let the same happen to him as PSG and Ligue 1 are even worse still.

RoyH1

He needs to go. If he re-signs for a historical amount, he'll never win the individual accolades he deserves. fantastic player

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He was already a real madrid player on loan. Now he has seen the Bernabeu on a big european night

He's ours

RedStarUnited

He 'cheats' the defensive side of the game. But we all ignore it because of how good he is in attack.

The fact that him, Neymar and Messi basically don't press is why PSG are out of the CL.

romufc

He 'cheats' the defensive side of the game. But we all ignore it because of how good he is in attack.

The fact that him, Neymar and Messi basically don't press is why PSG are out of the CL.
Yep, you cannot defend with 8 men in a CL game, regardless of how good you are as a team going forward.

We have seen it year after year, they consistently go out because of this.

PSG dominated the first leg because Neymar was on the bench and Di Maria was pressing.

diarm

€50m net? Isn't tax in France 75% on salaries over €1m?

If so, that's €200m gross per season. I imagine employers liabilities in France are similar enough to Ireland so that's another .18 meaning €236m per season.

2 years and the €100m loyalty bonus is €572m for a 2 year deal.

Or €5.5m a week.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Not really. They didn't press by choice yesterday because they wanted to exploit his pace on the counter. They went out because they were completely unprepared to a shifting game state mentally, physically and tactically
Yep, you cannot defend with 8 men in a CL game, regardless of how good you are as a team going forward.

We have seen it year after year, they consistently go out because of this.

PSG dominated the first leg because Neymar was on the bench and Di Maria was pressing.
Messi defended his arse off yesterday. And Neymar never particularly shirked defensive duties either. PSG were dominating yesterday just fine until Donnarumma's howler and Ancelotti's subs changed the game

Last season they went out because Mbappé was half fit for the first leg and missed the second entirely, and again were caught completely unprepared for a significant shift in the game(this one mostly tactical before everything else)

romufc

Messi defended his arse off yesterday. And Neymar never particularly shirked defensive duties either. PSG were dominating yesterday just fine until Donnarumma's howler and Ancelotti's subs changed the game

Last season they went out because Mbappé was half fit for the first leg and missed the second entirely, and again were caught completely unprepared for a significant shift in the game(this one mostly tactical before everything else)
I do not agree it was tactical.

Defending is not just running back, its high pressing making sure the ball doesn't even get to the defence.

I agree it was Donnaruma's howler that changed the game, you cannot tell me that individual mistakes are a tactical thing?

I just think some of these PSG players are a bit too arrogant. Marquinos is a top CB but he is trying flicks in his own box, assisting for Benzema.

Each and every Madrid goal was avoidable, its not like Real Madrid were troubling them tactically, almost every chance came from a PSG mistake.

Son

Not really. They didn't press by choice yesterday because they wanted to exploit his pace on the counter. They went out because they were completely unprepared to a shifting game state mentally, physically and tactically

Everyone hating on Messi yesterday is a bit ridiculous tbh. PSG did more than enough to beat Madrid or at least go through up until the total collapse of their defence and a bit of luck let’s face it.

As much as I dislike PSG they were easily the better team over both matches and played some quality football. Pundits just like to dig out Messi and Neymar despite Messi actually working hard most of the game in reality.

Sometimes these results just happen in football. Especially in a stadium like the Bernabeu

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I do not agree it was tactical.
Once Camavinga and Rodrygo(and later Lucas V) came real madrid change tactically. Rodrygo kept width far more than Asensio, pressed a lot better and was generally not completely useless everytime he got the ball. Camavinga provided real legs and dynamism, which had a cascading effect on Modric(pushed higher and now freed from defensive duties) and their presence essentially fixed the gaping tactical holes that were the reason for PSG's dominance to that point. Ancelotti's gameplan finally was being executed as it was intended. Lucas offered fresh legs and an additional yellow card to contain The Illegal One. Just like that PSG didn't know what to do anymore. They never really managed to crack our deep block except through Mbappé's individual brilliance across the entire tie, so their phases of possession weren't actually dangerous, but they began struggling a lot more both in build up and transition defence, as Modric and Valverde were empowered to be more adventurous carrying the ball out, while Camavinga provided both good defensive cover and crisp, intelligent passing, speeding up our play

I'll give you that the tactical change was the least important of the 3 - with the mental collapse obviously being the main one. But it was there, it contributed to it as well

Defending is not just running back, its high pressing making sure the ball doesn't even get to the defence.
There are many ways to defend. PSG chose to defend in a deep block in this game. It was working until their heads went

In the first leg they pressed us into submission. With Mbappé and Messi on the pitch, and then Neymar

I agree it was Donnaruma's howler that changed the game, you cannot tell me that individual mistakes are a tactical thing?
They are and they are not. It was our improved pressing that forced that situation. It was Marquinhos napping that exacerbated it. Donnarumma's poor first touch and decision did the rest

I just think some of these PSG players are a bit too arrogant. Marquinos is a top CB but he is trying flicks in his own box, assisting for Benzema.
First leg aside, this is very clearly not a well coached side

Each and every Madrid goal was avoidable, its not like Real Madrid were troubling them tactically, almost every chance came from a PSG mistake.
We did trouble them tactically after the subs, most of those mistakes were forced and aside from that passage shortly after the 1-1 they basically couldn't get out of their own half anymore. This was as much tactics as it was everything else

romufc

Once Camavinga and Rodrygo(and later Lucas V) came real madrid change tactically. Rodrygo kept width far more than Asensio, pressed a lot better and was generally not completely useless everytime he got the ball. Camavinga provided real legs and dynamism, which had a cascading effect on Modric(pushed higher and now freed from defensive duties) and their presence essentially fixed the gaping tactical holes that were the reason for PSG's dominance to that point. Ancelotti's gameplan finally was being executed as it was intended. Lucas offered fresh legs and an additional yellow card to contain The Illegal One. Just like that PSG didn't know what to do anymore. They never really managed to crack our deep block except through Mbappé's individual brilliance across the entire tie, so their phases of possession weren't actually dangerous, but they began struggling a lot more both in build up and transition defence, as Modric and Valverde were empowered to be more adventurous carrying the ball out, while Camavinga provided both good defensive cover and crisp, intelligent passing, speeding up our play

I'll give you that the tactical change was the least important of the 3 - with the mental collapse obviously being the main one. But it was there, it contributed to it as well

There are many ways to defend. PSG chose to defend in a deep block in this game. It was working until their heads went

In the first leg they pressed us into submission. With Mbappé and Messi on the pitch, and then Neymar

They are and they are not. It was our improved pressing that forced that situation. It was Marquinhos napping that exacerbated it. Donnarumma's poor first touch and decision did the rest

First leg aside, this is very clearly not a well coached side

We did trouble them tactically after the subs, most of those mistakes were forced and aside from that passage shortly after the 1-1 they basically couldn't get out of their own half anymore. This was as much tactics as it was everything else

I agree with what you are saying, perhaps it was a combination of both. Cammavinga did change the flow of the game, his distribution was very good in midfield.

I am just surprised, the level of experience PSG have with Messi, Neymar, Mbappe, Verrati, Marqhuinos, Kimpembe that they lost concentration and all composure in the second half.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Probably was about how mbappe stated the rumors he wanted to let go of many players and coaches at psg fake. There was rumors that mbappe had the intention to do that, and I bet the rumors came from the same psg fans, media journalists that don't have a clue about football. They make up headline just to sell paper/clicks and attract the children who plays fifa too much.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
This thread is funnier now that Mbappe didn't go to Real Madrid and they went ahead and won the Champions League anyway.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
It was a fairly ludicrous story from Sportbible that Mbappe had drawn up a hit list of people he was demanding be kicked out of PSG including Neymar and Poch. I guess it was taken down for lacking credibility.
the psg fan and poch hater on here definitely believed it. Which shows their lack of credibility again.

mbappe has the chance to do something special at psg and help them win their first champions league. He has good relationship with the coaching staff and his players. I am sure he might be frustrated by the lack of balance in the team, but I am thinking Pochettino might have to work miracles to fix that. In the last game the 4-2-2-2 system didn’t work that bad.

Danilo(upgrade) - Verrati
workhorse - Neymar
messi - Mbappe

Ideally a more balanced side will not have all three of Messi, Neymar and mbappe playing together.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
These are two impressively unrelated events. Weird flex.
There is a common sentiment expressed in the last pages of the thread, that Real Madrid isn't very competitive anymore, is behind the big teams, and needs a full rebuild within the next few years, so Mbappe maybe shouldn't join them.

But the way the season has played out shows this isn't really true. A league + CL double was won, with important contributions from the younger players like Vini, Valverde, Militao, Rodrygo, and Camavinga. No full rebuild is needed.