Kylian Mbappe signs new contract at PSG until 2025 | LaLiga will file a complaint

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
On a serious note, Mbappe will sign for RM after this contract is over. It sounds outlandish, but there is a small chance PSG has imploded by that time. Once their world cup is done this year, they don't really have anything to keep them interested in the club. They've given no indication they're interested in creating a sustainable future for the club (as opposed to City). Also who the hell gives out a record contract to a player only to tie them for 3 years?
You mean outside of starting a decade long project to build a high tech training facility/academy that Will be finished in 2 years ?

Rolaholic

Quite sure if Florentino Perez is too pride stricken to do a deal in the future, a presidential candidate rivaling him would be able to unseat him by offering the signing of Mbappé in 3 years when he's eager to join.

Especially if he's the best player in the world and years after the initial sting and strong emotions, over a fecking renewal, has worn off and people have come to their senses.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Given how they've treated players in the past.

Would the Real Madrid fans ever accept him after this rejection?
All of thats irrelevant, as he is never playing here regardless.

cyberman

Quite sure if Florentino Perez is too pride stricken to do a deal in the future, a presidential candidate rivaling him would be able to unseat him by offering the signing of Mbappé in 3 years when he's eager to join.

Especially if he's the best player in the world and years after the initial sting and strong emotions, over a fecking renewal, has worn off and people have come to their senses.
Mbappe will move to England next imo.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

People in general see it as a betrayal, because of his lack of response in the last few days.
The fans forget but in three years another talent may emerge who will win the fans over by making more effort to come. I'd rather have Hazard without ankles than the best player in the world after two refusals and all this game.
Florentino leaves in 2025, his replacement may be Catalina Miñarro.
https://www.realmadrid.com/sobre-el-real-madrid/el-club/junta-directiva/catalina-miñarro-brugarolas
Any candidate will have a tough time against her and I hope she continues on the never ever path.

Rolaholic

They would buy his shirt in record breaking numbers if he signed, the emotions will have long worn off in 3 years.

The club execs dick swinging contest has zero bearing of fan attitude/reaction in the future

PedroMendez

Acolyte

of course Real fans would accept him once he starts scoring for them. Now Real fans are obviously angry, but if there is a chance in the future to bring him in, I am sure their president would try to do it.

The reality is, that no top player has ever left PSG or City against their wish. Mbappe is going to follow the path of Veratti. Once you are in, you are in.

cyberman

Showdown between City and PSG?

The bidding war to end all bidding wars.
He'll leave on a free which might bring in a Utd or a Liverpool since PSG will never accept a fee for him.
It Looks as if he is getting the big bucks to stay in France but I cant see why moving to England would take that massive haul.
For me, he looks as if he's taking all he can from PSG and fair play to him but I can see him prioritising huge trophies when he's looking at turning 26 [?} so we wont see these massive numbers again imo

Rolaholic

People in general see it as a betrayal, because of his lack of response in the last few days.
The fans forget but in three years another talent may emerge who will win the fans over by making more effort to come. I'd rather have Hazard without ankles than the best player in the world after two refusals and all this game.
Florentino leaves in 2025, his replacement may be Catalina Miñarro.
https://www.realmadrid.com/sobre-el-real-madrid/el-club/junta-directiva/catalina-miñarro-brugarolas
Any candidate will have a tough time against her and I hope she continues on the never ever path.
He's going out of his way to assure the fanbase that this decision in 2022 isn't definitive in terms of his future and everyone in the world knows that.

Feeling burnt in the short term is normal but I highly doubt if you polled the majority in a few years, and if he was eager to join, that they'd refuse one of the biggest and most high profile transfers of all time.

Madrid legends have joined the club at a much later stage in their careers then a player entering his prime in a few years. Outside of the hardline minority, no one besides maybe a handful of people would still be hung up over a perceived snub from years ago.

If the two parties can come to trust each other again by then, I don't doubt that something can and likely will happen. Mbappe's already clearly working on rebuilding that by talking directly to the Real fanbase today. He wouldn't give a shit if he wasn't still interested in a future move.

Redlyn

Madrid is so butt hurt over this like he was their player. He's extended in his current club, like players sometimes end up doing. Get over it and move on to the next player. At least he didn't drag things through the entire summer window.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
He'll leave on a free which might bring in a Utd or a Liverpool since PSG will never accept a fee for him.
It Looks as if he is getting the big bucks to stay in France but I cant see why moving to England would take that massive haul.
For me, he looks as if he's taking all he can from PSG and fair play to him but I can see him prioritising huge trophies when he's looking at turning 26 [?} so we wont see these massive numbers again imo
I meant as in a bid for his signature, once his contract runs out, but its essentially a bidding war regardless.

No, he won't go to United or Liverpool, as they don't have the money for it, only City does(Newcastle probably still not that good in 3 years).

And no, he won't prioritize anything else but his finances in the future either, why do people still believe in this nonsense? His next contract, if he keeps this level of play, will be even more absurd, its guaranteed.

In 3 years, he will go to the place that gives him the best contract, which automatically rules out almost every club.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
All of thats irrelevant, as he is never playing here regardless.
What would you have said 3 years ago if we had told you that Real Madrid supporters would chant the name of a player from another team? in your own stadium. Several time. When said player is not even in the building.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He's going out of his way to assure the fanbase that this decision in 2022 isn't definitive in terms of his future and everyone in the world knows that.

Feeling burnt in the short term is normal but I highly doubt if you polled the majority in a few years, and if he was eager to join, that they'd refuse one of the biggest and most high profile transfers of all time.

Madrid legends have joined the club at a much later stage in their careers then a player entering his prime in a few years. Outside of the hardline minority, no one besides maybe a handful of people would still be hung up over a perceived snub from years ago.

If the two parties can come to trust each other again by then, I don't doubt that something can and likely will happen. Mbappe's already clearly working on rebuilding that by talking directly to the Real fanbase today. He wouldn't give a shit if he wasn't still interested in a future move.
Maybe, we'll see where he is in 2025 but there is nothing a Madrid fan likes more than "my dream is to play for Madrid", stories like Florentino's napkin to Zidane, Hazard asking for years to come, Modric almost in rebellion, and above all, keeping your word, like the one Cristiano gave in 2008.
One thing is that we are a big club that signs galácticos and another that we want mercenaries.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
What would you have said 3 years ago if we had told you that Real Madrid supporters would chant the name of a player from another team? in your own stadium. Several time. When said player is not even in the building.
Go celebrate winning another transfer window, will you?

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
You sound like you want Mbappe to play at RM more than RM fans themselves.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Go celebrate winning another transfer window, will you?
You sound like you want Mbappe to play at RM more than RM fans themselves.
Wow, bitterness is Real (pun intended).

Worst part being, I didn't even say that as an attack of any form, almost all fans (of any club) are weather vanes. They'll boo for a second and they'll start clapping after the first hat trick.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

He should just be upfront about his priorities, would respect him more then, he knows this is over as much as anyone else, no need for being all polite and nice about it.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid is so butt hurt over this like he was their player. He's extended in his current club, like players sometimes end up doing. Get over it and move on to the next player. At least he didn't drag things through the entire summer window.
I'm not the person giving multiple interviews today saying "I did not say 'no' to Real Madrid, I said 'yes' to France and PSG", "my Real Madrid dream is not over, is never over," "it was too early to leave on a free", "I don't know what will happen in three years," or releasing a statement saying "I'll be Real Madrid's biggest fan for the CL final."

I mean c'mon, this is completely ridiculous. Like you said, he is not a Real Madrid player. Why is he saying all this dumb, sappy nonsense? To the extent that he had any kind of "relationship" with the Real Madrid fanbase that has to be smoothed over, it's because the fanbase thought he would be a Real Madrid player, not because he's Kylian Mbappe!

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I mean c'mon, this is completely ridiculous. Like you said, he is not a Real Madrid player. Why is he saying all this dumb, sappy nonsense? To the extent that he had any kind of "relationship" with the Real Madrid fanbase that has to be smoothed over, it's because the fanbase thought he would be a Real Madrid player, not because he's Kylian Mbappe!
It's obvious why he says that, it's simply so the door is easier to open in a couple of years when he leaves PSG. Not only for the fans but also for the president who would have to justify signing him.

And I still don't understand the obsession that you have to pretend that all this turmoil was caused only because he was supposed to be a Real Madrid player. It's because he was supposed to be a Real Madrid player AND because he's Mbappé.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
This would literally be the worst platform to run on.

"Real Madrid fans, if you vote for me, I promise you I will try to do a thing that you know for a fact failed just three years ago."

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
It's obvious why he says that, it's simply so the door is easier to open in a couple of years when he leaves PSG. Not only for the fans but also for the president who would have to justify signing him.

And I still don't understand the obsession that you have to pretend that all this turmoil was caused only because he was supposed to be a Real Madrid player. It's because he was supposed to be a Real Madrid player AND because he's Mbappé.
"When he leaves"?

He is never leaving, you are the Hotel California mate.

He will do the same thing again(hopefully another club will be the naive one then), and extend another monster contract.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
"When he leaves"?

He is never leaving, you are the Hotel California mate.

He will do the same thing again(hopefully another club will be the naive one then), and extend another monster contract.
Not going to happen. Unless he gets injured he won't spend his prime years in France, we know that it's fine.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Not going to happen. Unless he gets injured he won't spend his prime years in France, we know that it's fine.
He is spending his entire prime there, City is the only other option for him.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He is spending his entire prime there, City is the only other option for him.
Yeah because he's obviously doing all this damage control aimed at Real Madrid because he wants to go to City for the biggest amount of money possible in 3 years. You guys really don't have any idea who Mbappé is, I guess it's far easier to sooth the bitterness to make him look like a money grabber but that's a very uneducated opinion.

90 + 5min

He is spending his best times there. He is a player that depend on his speed and power in running. Those things usually start to go down after 26-27.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah because he's obviously doing all this damage control aimed at Real Madrid because he wants to go to City for the biggest amount of money possible in 3 years. You guys really don't have any idea who Mbappé is, I guess it's far easier to sooth the bitterness to make him look like a money grabber but that's a very uneducated opinion.
What the feck. You don't have any idea either, you don't know him.

90 + 5min

Would he stayed for 50k / week? For the love of PSG? Simple question. Nobody knows but We can only guess.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
What the feck. You don't have any idea either, you don't know him.
I obviously don't know him personnally but I've followed the kid closely for 6 years now, I'm pretty sure I have a better grasp regarding his state of mind than people who watch him 3 times a year and yell "he stayed because of the money!!!" all day long.

Would he stayed for 50k / week? For the love of PSG? Simple question. Nobody knows but We can only guess.
That's a bottom of the barrel argument, I know you can do better (I hope so at least)

90 + 5min

I obviously don't know him personnally but I've followed the kid closely for 6 years now, I'm pretty sure I have a better grasp regarding his state of mind than people who watch him 3 times a year and yell "he stayed because of the money!!!" all day long.

That's a bottom of the barrel argument, I know you can do better (I hope so at least)
Is it wrong to ask that? You said he didn’t do that for money. I think he did. That and power. I’m not saying he is wrong but to imply that he signed for love of PSG is not correct. That is why I asked if he would play for 50000/week? Or would he left for Real Madrid?
What he is doing now is damage controll. I’ve not seen players doing this kind of interviews before. So soon. He still want Real to be interested. If I was Real I wouldn’t look or touch him in future.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Is it wrong to ask that? You said he didn’t do that for money. I think he did. That and power. I’m not saying he is wrong but to imply that he signed for love of PSG is not correct. That is why I asked if he would play for 50000/week? Or would he left for Real Madrid?
Yeah, that's wrong because it's not a real question. He obviously wouldn't sign for 50k per week, the same way Busquets, Messi, Ronaldo, Totti, Maldini or Giggs were paid big bucks even if they were totally in love with their clubs. Big players are paid big money.