Kylian Mbappe signs new contract at PSG until 2025 | LaLiga will file a complaint

Brophs

The One and Only
Tweet something like "Sack PSG for being unloy...disloyal to the Super League, and for spending money in a way that excludes their superiors and sack them for being absolute idiots, and inefficient".

jackal&hyde

One dictator makes war in Europe, one in the middle East signs Haaland and the other Mbappe.

The beautiful game!

ti vu

La Liga fears for its own life because RM and the other big boys definitely would want ESL to "protect football". Then when we are there, we would see La Liga makes a 180 degree and side with UEFA.

Circus.

Cloud7

I don't think the arrogance of La Liga in this. They don't matter, Mbappe told them to feck themselves
It’s clear they aren’t taking not being top dogs anymore well. In the post Messi and Ronaldo era they realize interest in their league is waning. The PL is the real super league and players are happy to go to other leagues in Europe that aren’t them and they can’t stop crying and screaming about it.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Wonder who Madrid will target now. At least for once we know we don't have anybody they would want.
Salah (maybe?) or Lewandowski (but don’t see how he works next to Benzema). Maybe even Dembele to get one over their arch rivals. But yeah. Outside of Salah, I don’t see many options at that world class level.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Where was La Liga when PSG signed Neymar and Messi? Now they’re concerned?
Tebas was already concerned and made the same threat when PSG signed Neymar.

This will just turn his drama knob to 11, PSG have blocked the star of the next decade from joining La Liga's jewel team, when we lost Neymar at least we still had Messi, now that Haaland has joined City and Madrid has failed their key signing it might have a great impact in all of Tebas' future contract negotiations.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
So Kylian, what first attracted you to multi-billionaire Nasser El-Khalifi?

DevilRed

tebas knows la liga is fecked.

No big names. No viewership and ever increasing financial troubles with the vast majority of their clubs, which was exacerbated by covid.

Its no wonder they had to sell of their rights to PE funds.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It’s clear they aren’t taking not being top dogs anymore well. In the post Messi and Ronaldo era they realize interest in their league is waning. The PL is the real super league and players are happy to go to other leagues in Europe that aren’t them and they can’t stop crying and screaming about it.
Without a doubt. I just don't understand the arrogance it takes to make a statement like that based on a decision that ultimately didn't concern them. They act like Mbappe had signed a contract with them

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Real Madrid and La Liga are an absolute embarrassment. It was all well and good when they were signing players for world record fees multiple times and paying higher wages than anyone else but now that someone else is doing what they used to do they can’t take it. Spoilt children.
Swing and a miss.

cafecillos

Utterly embarrassing tantrum from La Liga. Not surprising at all though, Tebas is really that pathetic, totally in character.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Losers all around. I don't fault Mbappe for taking what is frankly ridiculous money. At 1M a week, I only fault him for not signing a 10 year deal with weekly raises tied down to inflation.

flappyjay

Can't help but laugh at Madrid and La Liga. It was all dandy when you were buying the PL's best players for £80m a pop to build a super team, but now that other clubs have come along that can offer more it's all unfair?

I dislike the oil clubs as much as the next person but in Real's case it's richly deserved.
The transfer outlay of the big 2 plus salaries blew everyone out of the water.

Flexdegea

No love for the Oil clubs, they poison,

But finding it hard to feel sorry for Madrid, they started all this, and now are crying because they can't do it no more. La Liga can't handle the fact they aren't even close to the big league no more. Must sting the gal of Halland and Mbappe not wanting to join them because of their name alone and lesser money :lol:

Premier pretty much the super League now.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Utterly embarrassing tantrum from La Liga. Not surprising at all though, Tebas is really that pathetic, totally in character.
Not to mention he hates NAK, who's played him like a fiddle by selling back Bein's rights to La Liga just before grabbing Neymar, and now Messi, and keeping Mbappe from them. This is more personal than anything.

ti vu

Without a doubt. I just don't understand the arrogance it takes to make a statement like that based on a decision that ultimately didn't concern them. They act like Mbappe had signed a contract with them
The way thing is going. It's a total war declaration. La Liga would eventually lose it appeal as a whole. If PSG can have insane wage bill now, imagine when they really become CL winning powerhouse.

The La Liga big boys would be not stomped, and La Liga would become a "small league". It ultimately concerns them in another word.

Cloud7

I don’t get it either. But then La Liga have spent the last two decades blowing Real and Barcelona then wonder why interest in their league is waning when their two main attractions have gone, so maybe they see this supposed “offense” against Madrid as an offense against them.