Kylian Mbappe signs new contract at PSG until 2025 | LaLiga will file a complaint

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Only Benzema on that list is comfortably better than mbappe on that list. Mbappe is definitely better than Haaland and I'd say it's negligible between him, Salah and lewandowski.
Dont remember Lewandowski, Halaand or Salah ever doing some of the lazy shit Mbappe does

There's more to a player than just talent

Hammondo

Only Benzema on that list is comfortably better than mbappe on that list. Mbappe is definitely better than Haaland and I'd say it's negligible between him, Salah and lewandowski.
I would say Salah and Lewandowski are notably better.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Against which teams though?
City, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Barcelona, Juventus, Dortmund, Manchester United, RB Leipzig, Bayern Munch, Celtic, Club Brugge, Anderlecht, RS Belgrade, Basaksehir and Galatasaray.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Mate, I don’t think he can choose who PSG face.
The question isn't even a problem for Mbappé, his record is largely made against the best teams in the competition. He has 20 goals and 7 assists against Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Juventus, Liverpool, Dortmund, Leipzig, United and City.

MrEleson

Neymar liked this tweet about him on twitter.

This is what a tier 1 journalist had to say about things:

Hammondo

City, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Barcelona, Juventus, Dortmund, Manchester United, RB Leipzig, Bayern Munch, Celtic, Club Brugge, Anderlecht, RS Belgrade, Basaksehir and Galatasaray.
All his goals were scored against these teams?

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Benzema
Lewandowski
Salah
Haaland

There's 4
Is this list based on right now at this very moment?

Because apart from last season, both Lewandowski and Mbappe are above Benzema.

And Mbappe is definitely better than Haaland who is just a poacher.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Is this list based on right now at this very moment?

Because apart from last season, both Lewandowski and Mbappe are above Benzema.

And Mbappe is definitely better than Haaland who is just a poacher.
:lol::lol:

Good one

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Neymar liked this tweet about him on twitter.

This is what a tier 1 journalist had to say about things:

Mbappe wants Neymar out and he has that he takes the penalties in his contract...?

:lol:

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
all of it
Before last season, not many people would have Benzema above Mbappe and Lewandowski, as good as he is.

About the Haaland Mbappe thing, I can agree Haaland is a better finisher but he isn't as good as Mbappe overall, is he??

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Mbappé is clearly superior to Haaland overall and would tear the Premier League a new one

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Kylian's got 5 years of track record to show there's nothing to worry about with him. He will resume being one of the best players in the world soon.
No he doesn’t. Everyone rates him on his form for France and what he potentially might do in a top-3 league. If he remains in PSG like Veratti then at best he will have the status of a Lewandowski instead of being in the same tier as Ronaldo/Messi.

Someone

Something
Mbappé is clearly superior to Haaland overall and would tear the Premier League a new one
We won't know for sure until he does. He's a great talent, but plenty of top players have failed in the premier league. He certainly won't make it with that attitude.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
No he doesn’t. Everyone rates him on his form for France and what he potentially might do in a top-3 league. If he remains in PSG like Veratti then at best he will have the status of a Lewandowski instead of being in the same tier as Ronaldo/Messi.
He is a World Cup winner, as opposed to CR7 and Messi.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
He is a World Cup winner, as opposed to CR7 and Messi.
So? His performance at PSG will be heavily discounted since the league is so poor. In the CL once he gets to the latter stages, he rarely plays well. Maybe against Madrid last year or another game maybe.
As I said, if he remains at PSG no one will rate him when he ends his career. I think Lewa, Suarez andBenz will be rated higher. Lewa especially if he does well at Barca.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
So? Lewandowski is considered one of the best players in the world. So is Mbappe.

Cr7/Messi are anomalies. You don't need to be their level to be the best in the world.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Lewandowski is one of the best players in the world. Am I missing something ?

rainey

Supports
DZG
Ah, but you see, he needs to score against the likes of Valladolid, Cadiz, Girona, Mallorca, Getafe, Elche, Almeria, Rayo, Osasuna, Celta (that's 1/2 of the league, I'll stop here) to really accomplish something.
Cause everything else bar what the internet tells me (top 2 leagues, farmers league etc) is irrelevant.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
So? His performance at PSG will be heavily discounted since the league is so poor. In the CL once he gets to the latter stages, he rarely plays well. Maybe against Madrid last year or another game maybe.
As I said, if he remains at PSG no one will rate him when he ends his career. I think Lewa, Suarez andBenz will be rated higher. Lewa especially if he does well at Barca.
Mate, do you even watch PSG in the CL? He destroyed Barcelona at Camp Nou and scored 2 away goals against Bayern 2 years ago.

The whole argument seems to be that he didn't show up in games PSG lost. Well yeah, if they lost it's likely PSG didn't score much, that's kinda how football works.

And if you go in this direction, Lewa's record in top knockout games is also disappointing.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
So? Lewandowski is considered one of the best players in the world. So is Mbappe.
I'm not saying that Lewa is not a good player ... I'm saying that just like people are disappointed that Neymar did not enter the Messi/Ronaldo level, if Mbappe remains at PSG his fans will also end up that way.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Cr7/Messi are anomalies. You don't need to be their level to be the best in the world.
Mbappe was not quite the best in the world yet. Maybe currently among top 3-4. For instance, he has never ever finished top 3 in Ballon D’or yet, although he was still young and does have the potential to win it one day.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'm not saying that Lewa is not a good player ... I'm saying that just like people are disappointed that Neymar did not enter the Messi/Ronaldo level, if Mbappe remains at PSG his fans will also end up that way.
There is always fans who exagerate things, as good as Neymar was at Barca, he still wasn't touching that level.

AussieDevil

I think Ronaldo and Messi have set the bar so high that it is used as a negative against Mbappe. I had to correct myself when I started to feel underwhelmed by Mbappe, even with all he has achieved in the game at a young age. He really does need to make sure he stays driven and not become too big for his boots.

antk

Last season should have put to rest any concern about Mbappé's drive and attitude. He performed as big a carry job as Benzema's across the year, with everyone but him falling apart against Real after having scored one of the best goals of the season in the dying minutes of the first leg and putting his team ahead in the return leg.
That was after being denied the move he very publically asked for in the summer.

I guess he'll keep receiving these comments as long as stars don't align perfectly in the CL for PSG. That's the main reason he should have moved to Real this year, so we don't suffer those hot takes.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ah, but you see, he needs to score against the likes of Valladolid, Cadiz, Girona, Mallorca, Getafe, Elche, Almeria, Rayo, Osasuna, Celta (that's 1/2 of the league, I'll stop here) to really accomplish something.
Cause everything else bar what the internet tells me (top 2 leagues, farmers league etc) is irrelevant.
Correct. And the way things are going LaLiga will soin join the rest in the "irrelevant" category

We can pretend "the internet" is wrong but at the end of the day it's a good indicator of public opinion - and journalists use the internet too

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Fair point. That argument has died over the years where all the big leagues have fallen into the same pattern where the top teams steamroller the competition.

Ladron de redcafe

I think Ronaldo and Messi have set the bar so high that it is used as a negative against Mbappe. I had to correct myself when I started to feel underwhelmed by Mbappe, even with all he has achieved in the game at a young age. He really does need to make sure he stays driven and not become too big for his boots.
He has 3 World Cup KO stage goals in his first appearance as an 18 year old, including one in the world cup final. He also has 4 domestic top scorer awards as a 22 year old.
Is he ever going to reach 7 Balon D'ors or 6 Golden boots? Unlikely. But he's going to retire with one of the best Goals/Assists per game average in modern football, and a ton of trophies.

There's nothing really underwhelming about his performances in the World Cup.

AndySmith1990

I find it really sad when players develop an attitude that leads them to behave like that.
Makes you wonder if great wealth and power are really worth coveting when you see how it can negatively affect a person's attitude and behaviour

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Refuses to play because the pass doesn't go to him, what a cnut :lol:
This is what happens when you give too much power to 1 person, no matter how good they are.

The silly thing is I bet Vitinha will get the blame, but the pass never looked completely open.