Kylian Mbappe signs new contract at PSG until 2025 | LaLiga will file a complaint

ti vu

100m + 48m sound more reasonable, and similar to what Real is offering, which begs the question why La Liga would take legal action on FFP rules against PSG.
Not to side with La Liga or RM, but RM is in very good position financially in term of wage Bill, and their net spend over the year. They should afford Mbappe "cleanly" enough.

PSG added an expensive Messi last summer, and renewed Neymar on expensive contract not long ago. It's questionable why PSG can afford to be this financial competitive without new unrelated oil money directly find the way into. FFP is dead and hurried at this point.

Pot calling kettle black nonetheless.

Schmeichel=God

Losers all around. I don't fault Mbappe for taking what is frankly ridiculous money. At 1M a week, I only fault him for not signing a 10 year deal with weekly raises tied down to inflation.
:lol: Even Pardew had better negotiating skills. Must've said he was the Geordie Messiah to get 7 years.

Fridge chutney

We never bought players of his present ilk/stature anyway. But crazy to think that he probably looks at us the way we consider for example an Everton, Villa, Forest. An ex big club with history in generations gone by.
Who the feck cares what Mbappe thinks of us? He didn't join his boyhood dream club because the blood money of oil billions came calling.

gorky_utd

I know Madrid is unhappy with oil money but that is how it is in premiere league for years. Now imagine Qatar decides to buy Atletico Madrid. That would be fun.

Schmeichel=God

Very underrated comment … It’s not just a matter of Papa Flo’s ego, it’s a matter of the club’s prestige. His entourage’s conduct has been arrogant and it reflects poorly on the player. The Madrid door has been shut permanently.
We will probably waste our time on him again in 2-3 years(even though we shouldn't).

Welcome to our world.

Players using your club as a pawn for greater gain.

Ramos for starters :cool:

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
So, he's basically running PSG now, and gutting a million quid a week?

Yeah footballs dead, fair play to him.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This whole notion of a player having to follow his dreams is completely overrated. It's his dream and business, why are some so concerned about him not fulfilling it ?

tenpoless

He's smart. He knows in 2 years ETH would finish the rebuilding so he can join United when theyre the hotwheels. PSG are stepping stones and Madrid are stepping stones to the stepping stones.

tenpoless

French Slim Shady shows shady owners how business should be done in Uber Eats money league.

French Slim Shady : "Amateurs bow down to me. Your oil, tis mine".

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Not to side with La Liga or RM, but RM is in very good position financially in term of wage Bill, and their net spend over the year. They should afford Mbappe "cleanly" enough.

PSG added an expensive Messi last summer, and renewed Neymar on expensive contract not long ago. It's questionable why PSG can afford to be this financial competitive without new unrelated oil money directly find the way into. FFP is dead and hurried at this point.

Pot calling kettle black nonetheless.
They could have been getting complained every year then, doesn't make any stronger case for this year in particular.

ti vu

They could have been getting complained every year then, doesn't make any stronger case for this year in particular.
The announcement ofESL last year is a form of public complaint. UEFA tried to persuade every parties to "work together". Now since PSG rubbing it in, voicing complaint in UEFA broken system makes a stronger case. It kinda vindicate the cause of ESL in their perspective.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

The media coverage this is getting in France is crazy, football didn't get that much attention since we won the World Cup in 2018

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The announcement ofESL last year is a form of public complaint. UEFA tried to persuade every parties to "work together". Now since PSG rubbing it in, voicing complaint in UEFA broken system makes a stronger case. It kinda vindicate the cause of ESL in their perspective.
What I mean is, they could have lodge same complain to any transfer or deal PSG is going to make this summer, even if its only 1.6m per year contract for sone fringe player (equivalent to 30k per week).

ti vu

What I mean is, they could have lodge same complain to any transfer or deal PSG is going to make this summer, even if its only 1.6m per year contract for sone fringe player (equivalent to 30k per week).
Oh. Sorry misunderstood your point.

I think they just want to go after the big(gest) fish to make the point. It's all just political posturing at the moment. It's a war between the devils at the end of the day.

Redfrog

Great decision. The sooner we move away from "historical clubs" being able to hoard and feel entitled to the best talents the better.

Mbappe secured his financial future and will be fighting to bring a CL to his local club. Again, great decision.
His financial future was already secured mate…

Redfrog

So, he's basically running PSG now, and gutting a million quid a week?

Yeah footballs dead, fair play to him.
Planet is dying too mate, for the same reason : greed.
I don’t blame him or his family.

RedDevil@84

So PSG have lot of money and they spend it. Mbappe loves lot of money, so he takes it.

What's the moan again this time?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
This is one of those things where it’s better just to cut through the bullshit. We can all be judgemental and say he’s not taking his career seriously, and while I agree that from a fan’s perspective of seeing the best players tested at the highest level, it’s a shame, at the end of the day it’s his life. No point getting upset and disappointed about it.

The argument that it’s just about money, we’ll of course it’s just about money. That’s why he, and all their world class players are there in the first place. Neymar and Messi don’t sign for PSG in any universe where they aren’t just ridiculously loaded and paying preposterous sums. I am sure the amount Mbappe is getting is eye watering, and realistically beyond the realms of decency for an athlete to make. But football salaries crossed that threshold a long time ago. It wasn’t this deal that pushed it there. Bang average or borderline shit players are making 100k plus a week.

So yeah, it’s not very interesting he stayed. The PSG project is even less interesting and more distasteful than ever, but one can just ignore it all except for the 4-5 relevant games they play every season. On a human level, I can’t imagine anyone would turn down half a billion to play football in Paris for three years. And for fans there are plenty of other players and clubs to be interested in. Mbappe isn’t even a generational talent of the level of a Messi or Ronaldo, so it’s not like there aren’t or won’t be players as good or better to enjoy over the coming years.

I think the only interesting part of this whole thing was how much disrespect he showed the two clubs involved, and how willing they were to whore themselves out for a single player. I enjoyed that immensely. It’s not like him staying is going to make anyone suddenly say, oh I’ll start watching the French League next season, because he’s been there for years and no one gives a shit except on FIFA and when they get a juicy CL tie. And let’s be honest, it’s mildly enjoyable from a schadenfreude standpoint to see Madrid with egg all over their face. But now I’m just being petty.

A big “meh” all round.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
He's not taking his career seriously?

He's already making most of what 99.9 percent footballers make in their career at 23. I would think he's successful in his career

Glory? What glory? Coming to united to resurrect us from the dead? Going to the best club the world Madrid?

Mshafeek

Completely agree with Lineker. Real and Barcelona throw up a tantrum whenever they don't get what they want. Feck them.
Exactly. Their fans are spoilt beyond belief. The sense of entitlement is nauseating. How cute are the Real fans crying about letting money talk, when they invented that sort of sh*t.

Son

In a way good. I hate oil money but the facts are PSG are a better side than Madrid currently. PSG have literally the greatest footballer of all time playing for them right now.

Mbappe is French and why should or would every big player go to Madrid or Barcelona?

They dominated so long built on corruption and politics. You can’t really feel sorry for them someone is now prepared to pay more.

Last edited:

TsuWave

His financial future was already secured mate…
Are you judging his lifestyle by your standards? Do you know how big is family is or he plans it to be?

either way a deal like this almost certainly ensures generational wealth. Good for him.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
In a way good. I hate oil money but the facts are PSG are a better side than Madrid currently. PSG have literally the greatest footballer of all time playing for them right now.

Mbappe is French and why should or would every big player go to Madrid or Barcelona?

They dominated so long built on corruption and politics. You can’t really feel sorry for them someone is now prepared to pay more.
No they aren't, better individuals doesn't always make for a better side.

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
Mbappe could make history by winning the 1st UCL for PSG.
History would have been if he had won it with Monaco. Well... not history... HISTORY. That would have been massive.

Winning with THIS Qatar Saint Germain would be anything but epic.

Ohhh surprise an oil dictatorship team with unlimited resources has won a Champions League in 15 years after spending (and losing) billions!!! such an heroic triumph!!!

PD: no

Josep Dowling

Can see both sides of the argument. It’s very hypocritical of Real given their spending in 2008 which would have bankrupt most clubs. And their dodgy deal buying and selling their training ground from the Spanish government.

However is it right PSG, City and soon Newcastle can get away with what they are doing? No way should they be able to give a player that sort of money given their true revenue. This is on top of owning Messi and Neymar as well. It’s terrible for the sport and competition. Look at the Premier League with City. The league is generally boring, with only Klopp’s Liverpool being anywhere close to matching City. And now they have gone and bought Haaland for just ‘£60m’. When opposing fans complain it’s called sour grapes.

If you look at the wider pictures as well with the cost of fuel, the middle classes are being squeezed for every penny. And then the states controlling the oil are spending millions on one footballer. It’s sickening to be honest.

UncleBob

I get that people take the piss out of La Ligas statement, but not entirely sure why it‘s seemingly blinding so many in regards to the actual problem here.

I was hoping that the attention towards Russian oligarchs would have an effect on how certain ownerships are viewed, but judging by Linekers tweet and the response it’s safe to say it hasn’t. Barcelona and Real Madrid have both spent a lot, but it’s never been without limit and never without consequence. Sugar daddies were a problem, but it also had upsides in some cases, until Abramovich took it to the absolute extreme and pretty much gave Chelsea the opportunity to spend without consequence at a time where £30mill was considered insane amounts. Now you have state funded football clubs where it’s all about sportwashing and advertisements, no balance whatsoever and no one to actually limit the consequences. I don’t think i’ll ever understand why supporters don’t lose interest, it’s a bit like the early days of football manager and using the editor.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
History would have been if he had won it with Monaco. Well... not history... HISTORY. That would have been massive.

Winning with THIS Qatar Saint Germain would be anything but epic.

Ohhh surprise an oil dictatorship team with unlimited resources has won a Champions League in 15 years after spending (and losing) billions!!! such an heroic triumph!!!

PD: no
That's how you see it from your outside perspective but things will be different in France and even more in the eyes of PSG fans. That's something that matters to him

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
If it would mean more to him to win one CL title with PSG than to win 3 with Real Madrid then who are we to argue with that?

TheLiverBird

£1million a week??

I don’t care how much of a Micky Mouse league Ligue 1 is, anyone offers you that at 23 years of age, your taking it!!

£1million a week to win League titles and compete in the CL whilst playing alongside Messi and Neymar

no brainer really

from a viewers perspective of course it’s disappointing too see such a talent stay in such an irrelevant league, and also disgusting too see the finances involved, but from Mbappes point of view it an offer he can’t refuse.

La Liga are an embarrassment too