Kylian Mbappe signs new contract at PSG until 2025 | LaLiga will file a complaint

Pintu

Yeah I'm not sure Liverpool would offer him 24m a year net and a 130m signing on fee that Madrid did when they're struggling to offer Salah what he wants.
They are struggling because Salah is 30 years old. English clubs can afford these figures as shown multiple times.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Interesting to see how he gets on in his first season as a manager. Quite interested to see who he buys/sells

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Given how they've treated players in the past.

Would the Real Madrid fans ever accept him after this rejection?
No. He is never going to play for real madrid. Not even if he turns into the best player ever. Which he won't anyways, now that he's never playing for real madrid. In fact, Rodrygo's better than him. Mbappé is just a french Morata

Pintu

If he helps Paris win the CL, it would be a much bigger achievement than to do it with teams used to those titles. He can't be ignoring that.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If he helps Paris win the CL, it would be a much bigger achievement than to do it with teams used to those titles. He can't be ignoring that.
That was the reasoning given for Gerrard when he changed his mind about signing for Chelsea. Winning a title with Liverpool was more meaningful than multiple with Chelsea, which was obviously true. He ended up never winning one though.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
No. He is never going to play for real madrid. Not even if he turns into the best player ever. Which he won't anyways, now that he's never playing for real madrid. In fact, Rodrygo's better than him. Mbappé is just a french Morata
Stop writing truisms

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
You mean outside of starting a decade long project to build a high tech training facility/academy that Will be finished in 2 years ?
I tried to find more info about this and found one outlet mentioning PSG spending about 300mil euros for it. That doesn't really demonstrate a long term investment when they're willing to spend more than that every year on their player salaries.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Would the Real Madrid fans ever accept him after this rejection?
Overall I wouldn't, it's not that I don't rate him anymore but the club shouldn't be wasting anymore time and resources into him. I'm more annoyed at the fact he's still mentioning us and saying stuff like he still want to join us, that is simply shameful and he seriously needs to stop and move on. He's not going to play here, not because I don't think he's good enough but he already made his choice and he isn't worth to wait for another 3 years.

The landscape in football might be a lot different so it's really hard to predict what is going to happen but I'm sure we can find different players and build a team without him. The club had been preparing for quite a while, even going to the length of starving managers from reinforcements in order to make a good offer, make room for him and build a team around him. He wants to stay at PSG which is fine but those conditions, and our interest, are not going to be the same in 3 years so I truly believe he isn't ever playing for Real Madrid.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
These PSG fans saying they know Mbappe hasn't stayed for the money because they've been following him for the last 6 years, suggesti they know his character and moral compass. :lol:

You've seen what he and his family want you to see you idiots, I'm sure the public thought Saville was a Saint and Cosby was amazing until their skeletons came out - I'm obviously not suggesting Mbappe is a vile cnut like those pair, but the point I'm making is that just because you read a few nice words or see a few nice actions in the media, doesn't mean you know his motivations or their true self.

We've seen with City (PSG are the same type of scum club) giving out two contracts to Mancini, buying Pep a club to let his brother control, what it says on a footballing contract isn't necessarily the only thing he's getting, he's probably now got access to a load of cash in some shady accounts in Switzerland and loads of property in certain countries.

Can't wait for the replies assuring me the guy is currently turning water into breast milk, feeding the orphan babies of Paris as we type.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yep, there really isn’t any other player available at that level - in that position. Would be a terrific icing on the cake it madrid destroy pool only to announce the Salah deal at the trophy presentation :lol: (just let me live in my own world a little).
Then Liverpool sign Mbappe (he was in talks with them) :(

I'd prefer Salah renews than that outcome. Mbappe is a much more scary prospect.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Don't be like that. Wait for him for another year or two. Benzema replacement.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Don't be like that. Wait for him for another year or two. Benzema replacement.
Nah. We won't wait for him anymore, unless he becomes genuinely so good that we simply can't pass on him, he'd have to jump through flaming hoops and walk into the bernabeu on his knees begging for forgiveness(aka, accept significantly less money than he's worth and basically be signed us just a striker rather than the cornerstone of the team) for us to accept him. Dude has now rejected us twice. We don't want players that don't want to be here

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Nah. We won't wait for him anymore, unless he becomes genuinely so good that we simply can't pass on him, he'd have to jump through flaming hoops and walk into the bernabeu on his knees begging for forgiveness(aka, accept significantly less money than he's worth and basically be signed us just a striker rather than the cornerstone of the team) for us to accept him. Dude has now rejected us twice. We don't want players that don't want to be here
Real or any team is bigger than any player, it would be an insult to go after him again after this "high profile" rejection, should be handled as a matter of honor..

BalanceUnAutreJoint

His quote on the level of South American teams is going to get him into trouble.
Bad PR and I'm not sure his teammates will like this one, basically called the Copa America a mickey mouse trophy

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid "waited" for Mbappe partly due to circumstance too, Hazard has flopped, Bale fell out with the club / became an ex-footballer, Ronaldo left abruptly. The club can't "wait" for three more years unless by "wait" you mean "sign some players who flop badly and once again be starved of attacking options," and obviously no fan wants that!

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
These PSG fans saying they know Mbappe hasn't stayed for the money because they've been following him for the last 6 years, suggesti they know his character and moral compass. :lol:
Here's the opinion of someone who knows him: Unai Emery, his former manager.
It’s a very personal decision but it’s come too late. I appreciate the kid a lot and I respect his decision, but not the timing or the way he’s made his decision. It’s not good for football.

redcucumber

If there's any justice in the world of football, Real Madrid and PSG will play each other again in the CL knockout rounds next season. It would make me weirdly happy if PSG continue to bottle it for the next 3 years.

choccy77

So Liverpool had talks with Mbappe party in anticipation of Salah leaving apparently.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Here's the opinion of someone who knows him: Unai Emery, his former manager.
Tbf Madrid tapping him up in the last 2-3 years and waiting for him to sign for free transfer was also not good for football.

Vapor trail

The only reason this is being said is due to sentiment, 36 months is a long while away It will be forgotten.

PSG come out worse than Madrid I feel, their manager selection process will be a nightmare because there's clear evidence that the players in a sense are bigger than the club. This is proven with the desperation of the deal. Not to mention not every manager has ambition to manage in France. Where do they go after Poch ? Zidane seemingly waiting for a national team role. Maybe Conte but his UCL record is hardly appeasing.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Then Liverpool sign Mbappe (he was in talks with them) :(

I'd prefer Salah renews than that outcome. Mbappe is a much more scary prospect.
the wages would completely destroy their structure at Pool, I think. But yeah, Salah renews and let them struggle with their own "moving on of legends past their prime" scenario

cyberman

I meant as in a bid for his signature, once his contract runs out, but its essentially a bidding war regardless.

No, he won't go to United or Liverpool, as they don't have the money for it, only City does(Newcastle probably still not that good in 3 years).

And no, he won't prioritize anything else but his finances in the future either, why do people still believe in this nonsense? His next contract, if he keeps this level of play, will be even more absurd, its guaranteed.

In 3 years, he will go to the place that gives him the best contract, which automatically rules out almost every club.
I believe both Liverpool and Utd could afford Mbappes wages if Madrid could have done so.

erikcred

Real or any team is bigger than any player, it would be an insult to go after him again after this "high profile" rejection, should be handled as a matter of honor..
Yes that's how multibillion pound businesses should be run. Based on honor. If Mbappe decides to leave PSG in three years and his form hasn't dipped, Real will be lining up again.

Right now the fans and the club are just butthurt that simply throwing money around is not enough when there are equally wealthy clubs around. Try snatching Haaland from city in a couple of years and get your face bloodied again.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
The only reason this is being said is due to sentiment, 36 months is a long while away It will be forgotten.
The Bernabeu has had a horrible relationship with Gareth Bale for 36 months, he's often been booed every time he touches the ball. Zidane and Ancelotti have both said he needs the fan support, Ancelotti has said he's a legend for the club and deserves a good exit, nobody cared. His last game at the Bernabeu would have been last weekend and he wasn't there, had he been and tried to say goodbye he would have probably just been booed again. And that's the club's player He's won titles here.

You're underestimating fan sentiment.

Last edited:

Born2Lose

Think Real have dodged a bullet, I'd take Benzema's 15 goals in the CL this season over Mbappe's 6. Glad he's fleeced the Qatari's for all he can though. Hope all his team mates do the same.

Yuri37

Sure. It would be no different to City winning it. It would hardly be some historic achievement like Leicester winning the PL. But still a good achievement though.
Hum let's see, the world most famous and visited city in the world winning their first CL and only the second CL of the most successful football country of the last 25years (2 WCs,1 euro, 1 WC final an 1 Euro final) VS the second club of a city only known for football winning their first CL among so many others won by other English clubs.......yeah no different for sure:lol:

Yuri37

I guess being French and a Parisian lad, his perspective of a what a fulfilling career is different to those of us who didn't grow up in Paris supporting PSG? Of course money is a huge factor, zero point in not acknowledging that, but beyond the money, I can't imagine actual Parisians see playing for PSG as the giant waste of time the rest of Europe does.
i don't even know why you're answering to them, it's just hypocrisy at the highest level especially from the English fans whoare all very happy to see all the best French players going to their league since the 90s (so since French football began to have really great players in numbers) and most of all only for money.
English fans who think al' the best French players come to their league only for the prestige and the sportive challenge should wake up a little bit and just look at the huge difference in taxes between France and England

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yes that's how multibillion pound businesses should be run.
Real Madrid is a non-profit organization. And we keep winning. So, thanks, we'll keep running the club the way we've done over decades of unrivaled success

Mbappé can do one. If Flo didn't make it clear to him that he's blown his chance for good, then he can do one too.

BarstoolProphet

This transfer saga has been a shitshow from start to finish and neither side comes out of it looking any good. I can sort of relate to La Liga's feeling when it comes to those state-funded clubs but shouldn't there also be more focus on the extreme lengths Real Madrid has gone to to tap him up? I mean, everyone knows that clubs speak to players under contract via intermediaries and such, but rarely have we seen the way RM has gone about in trying to secure his signing. Hearing Mbappé saying he's close to Perez, a person he has never had any professional relations with, is completely bonkers.

Last edited:

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Why are Real Madrid and Spanish media so upset? Can anyone provide a quick summary?

It's like he shagged all their mums
Marca, AS and other media have been the armed cannon of Real Madrid for years (just like Sport and Mundo Deportivo to Barca, but with lesser impact).

La Liga were also keen on the transfer due to the marketability of the player and the league as a whole. They are running out of top players save Benzema and Vinicius, and bringing MBappé would have guaranteed the return of a player the same impact Cristiano Ronaldo had back in 2009.

Let's be real and simple, the dude just wants money. He will become the richest salaryman in the world for doing exactly what he likes and its good for. He can wait 3 years to get to Real Madrid and fans, although angry or bitter right now, will surely change their minds... Also, Spanish media still need to sell smog right? If they were able to sell tons and tons of fake crap since 2017, what makes us think they will change by 2025?

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Why are Real Madrid and Spanish media so upset? Can anyone provide a quick summary?
The story in Spanish media is that he told the club he'd join multiple times, until about a week ago when he said "actually I still need to think about it," stopped communicating, and then changed his mind and signed for PSG, which he only confirmed to the club a little bit before the announcement was made.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
The story in Spanish media is that he told the club he'd join multiple times, until about a week ago when he said "actually I still need to think about it," stopped communicating, and then changed his mind and signed for PSG, which he only confirmed to the club a little bit before the announcement was made.
Yup, what has been bothering me more is how he keeps spouting all that nonsense about him still wanting to play for Real Madrid, talking about his dream move, etc. He led everyone to believe he would join this summer, he complained last season about wanting to leave. I really don't expect him to come out and say he has been offeredobscene amounts of money and power to stay in PSG, he has also been pressured by PSG owners, the president, etc. so I kind of get it but at this point it comes as out of tone trying to keep the sympathy from the club and the fans. He needs to drop the act or at the very least remain silent.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Think Real have dodged a bullet, I'd take Benzema's 15 goals in the CL this season over Mbappe's 6. Glad he's fleeced the Qatari's for all he can though. Hope all his team mates do the same.
Yes, I'd take a 34 year old over a 23 year old who's already scored half of the 34 year old's career goals total as well :rolleyes:

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
He's allowed to change his mind. Real Madrid don't own him.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
He's allowed to change his mind. Real Madrid don't own him.
Of course he's allowed. But actions have consequences. The guy played with fire by running down a 5-year-contract as a 23-year-old after PSG paid 180m for him, which was an unprecedented move. Whatever decision he made in the end, someone was going to be pissed off at him.

That is how life works in the adult world, not this childish "I didn't say no to RM I said yes to PSG and France! the RM dream is not over yet! I will be RM's #1 fan in the final!" nonsense.

antk

How many times have big spanish clubs lured away players otherwise committed to their clubs? Sometimes by inciting them to make a big fuss about it (Dembélé? hell even CR7?)?

I wanted Mbappé to join Real this summer but the ridiculous entitlement of their fans and media outlets is really making up for it right now.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I wanted Mbappé to join Real this summer but the ridiculous entitlement of their fans is really making up for it right now.
I don't see what is entitled about RM fans here on Redcafe. We understand he can choose to sign for PSG, and are saying that because of the context, it is unlikely that we will ever attempt to sign him again.

It is PSG fans, Ligue 1 supporters, and random people who keep insisting to us that no, he'll be 26 and the bestest ever player in the universe in three years and everyone will move on and line up to sign him, as if Mbappe is entitled to play at RM or any other top club simply because he wants to. It's bizarre stuff.