Kylian Mbappe signs new contract at PSG until 2025 | LaLiga will file a complaint

Ramos

Never seen a player do that this blatantly.

Even worse, it wasn't a bad decision at all by Vitinha because he ends up creating the opening for Hakimi and had Mbappe continued his run he could have potentially scored.

Ladron de redcafe

He seems a little discontent already, which is strange because it was he who made the decision to extend his contract at PSG and accept the keys to the kingdom there.

He gave an interview to France football a few days ago in which he seemed to lament not going to Madrid, and calling Madrid a "Balón d'or machine".

Whatever is going on between him and Neymar needs to be sorted out already. PSG do NOT need him to be 2004 Kobe to Neymar's Shaq here. Unless they sort out their bickering, it's only going to end one way.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Benzema
Lewandowski
Salah
Haaland

There's 4
I'm only putting Benzema and maybe Lewandowski above him on that list of names. So again, I don't see 3 players above him. If Neymar keeps up his level of performances, he might leap over him this season if Mbappe regresses, which I don't see since he's pretty much getting better every single season.
It's pretty funny after some people on this thread described him as an incredibly thoughtful, measured, wise-beyond-his years man.
That's because he is, he's one of the more intelligent player that I've seen in a long time. Have you listened to his interviews? Do you even hear him speak? You're taking an incident in a sporting context and then make a general statement on his maturity as a person, that's silly because we don't behave the same way in a competitive sport as we do in life, anybody who's ever played an ounce of sport knows that.
The fact is that kid was bought for 180m at 18 years old and has actually lived up to his 6-months hype prior to that. He speaks 3 languages, and he's handled himself well. Whether you listen to how he responded to the Giroud situation with France at the Euro, his failed transfer to Real Madrid, or just his interviews in general, then you'd see the description is pretty apt.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He seems a little discontent already, which is strange because it was he who made the decision to extend his contract at PSG and accept the keys to the kingdom there.

He gave an interview to France football a few days ago in which he seemed to lament not going to Madrid, and calling Madrid a "Balón d'or machine".

Whatever is going on between him and Neymar needs to be sorted out already. PSG do NOT need him to be 2004 Kobe to Neymar's Shaq here. Unless they sort out their bickering, it's only going to end one way.
Isolated quotes by the Spanish media, have we not done this enough by now to still fall for the same dumb clickbaits?

Full quotes for context

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm only putting Benzema and maybe Lewandowski above him on that list of names. So again, I don't see 3 players above him. If Neymar keeps up his level of performances, he might leap over him this season if Mbappe regresses, which I don't see since he's pretty much getting better every single season.
Maybe Lewandowski :lol:

He's only literally the current FIFA Best Player in the world but yeah

Ladron de redcafe

Maybe Lewandowski :lol:

He's only literally the current FIFA Best Player in the world but yeah
Syros already answered but I'm still a little puzzled by your view point. Forget the FIFA award. Messi is the current balón dor. It doesn't make him anywhere near as good as Mbappé at current time.

Those awards were given in 2021 and were based on performance back then. Lewandowski took a slight step back in the 2021-2022 season. The question is whether his extra goals outweigh all the advantages Mbappé has when it comes to other contributions and given that the gap had decreased, I'm not sure they do. I don't really see a strong argument for current Lewandowski.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Better how ?
He had more goal contribution over the season, he was more impactful in the knock-out stage of the CL, he played in a more dysfunctional side and led them in goals and assists. He's also younger, time is his friend while it's Lewandowski's enemy at this point. That's why I'm maybe putting Lewandowski above him, but I'm leaning more towards keeping Mbappe above him at this point.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Mbappe is not better than Lewandowski ffs

Maybe after this season at Barca come back and we'll chat but not based off of his time at Bayern

mshnsh

Refuses to play because the pass doesn't go to him, what a cnut :lol:
Such a dick. And he isn't half as talented as the player to whom the ball was passed. There were issues with his ego at the Euro cup too.

Apparently he also wanted to take the penalty and shoved Messi on the way to demanding Neymar that he take it.

Than there was an altercation between Neymar and Mbappe after the match regarding the penalty.

Also an observation, when he plays, Messi has to resort to shooting from distance to score. He basically takes up positions and demands for the ball.

Mbappe could turn out to the cancer in that dressing room that ruins PSG's season.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He may not be half as talented as Messi but everytime they shared the pitch he looked the better player by an order of magnitude...

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He may not be half as talented as Messi but everytime they shared the pitch he looked the better player by an order of magnitude...
That's definitely an exaggeration.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Wow, and there were people six months or so ago that got upset with me when I said he had an attitude problem.

Could anyone imagine if he was playing in England and did this? The fans would go mental.

Tyrion

Wow, and there were people six months or so ago that got upset with me when I said he had an attitude problem.

Could anyone imagine if he was playing in England and did this? The fans would go mental.
Didn't the PSG fans boo Messi and Neymar last year? They may have a third diva to hate.

Suedesi

It seems to be an unpopular opinion here, but I rate Haaland better than Mbappe. If I'm building a team from scratch and I had to choose one, I'd choose Haaland.

I also think Lewandowski, Benzema and Salah have more to their game. Mboopie needs to move from the farmer's league and challenge himself week in week out, it will do him a world of good.

Right now he's playing in a team with Donnaruma, Ramos, Marquinhos, Verrati, Messi, Neymar etc vs dross every week, how can you not call those victories hollow?

People throw CL goal stats while missing context- Mboopie playing 5-6 games in the Champions league and 30 dead rubber in the French League. He's never fighting week in week out in the league and then can choose to be in optimal shape for CL. That's a luxury players from other leagues don't have. I value someone like Mane' who had to play 52 games for Liverpool, where every single game counted and then played 10 games for his national team where the same applied.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Ah, but you see, he needs to score against the likes of Valladolid, Cadiz, Girona, Mallorca, Getafe, Elche, Almeria, Rayo, Osasuna, Celta (that's 1/2 of the league, I'll stop here) to really accomplish something.
Cause everything else bar what the internet tells me (top 2 leagues, farmers league etc) is irrelevant.
All of those teams wallop the French teams.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I mean, this sort of behaviour is critical under any circumstances but there are a bunch of things making it look even worse

1. He wasn't even open for the pass, the lane shielded by an opponent
2. Vitinha passed it to Lionel fecking Messi instead of him. Imagine being pissed someone played the ball to inarguably one of the best players in history instead of you
3. Vitinha's decision actually created a great chance - one Mbappe could have finished off if hadn't been that immature
4, He was the one who missed the penalty, it's only fair that somebody else takes the next one. No reason to be pissed

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on it since he's still young, very competitive and probably has lots of character development to do. But he really needs to sort that out and stay humble. I remember the praise he got for his work ethic and humbleness when he broke through. He's taking the wrong direction.

mshnsh

You axaggerating by an order of magbitude. If Mbappe has looked better, it is only because he is 12 years younger.

But yea interms of talent, Messi is very easily much more talented. At his peak, his performances touched levels that Mbappe (or for that matter anyone currently playing) can't even get close to.

And by age 23, Messi had already finished on the ballond'or podium 4 times and won 2 of those awards. He wasn't just competing for the ballon d'or, he was considered outright the best player in the world. The only reason why Messi did not become the youngest ballon d'or winner is recurrent injuries but when fit, he was easilythe bpitw by 2007.

Mbappe hasn't even finished on the podium once and he definitely ain't going to win it this year.

Messi once played for Barcelona and has several times spanked your Real Madrid arse and the bitterness is palpable.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It'a understandable that he'd struggle to keep his temper in check. I mean, he's just starting to realize he made the biggest mistake of his life. I'd be pissed off too

Tallis

As much as I hate to speak in favour of a City player, Haaland has a top notch attitude. And given both are very talented, think the attitude will count for a lot of you have to pick one

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
As much as I hate to speak in favour of a City player, Haaland has a top notch attitude. And given both are very talented, think the attitude will count for a lot of you have to pick one
Saw the footage of Mbappe stop running in counter attack. Oh man even peak R9 didn't do something like that. Mbappe's ego and attitude do not do him any good for his popularity, and he is already playing in the French league.

Ladron de redcafe

Having a world famous star date a transgender model will help to continue to normalize and gain acceptance for that community.

There still seems to be some hesitation to come out as an LGBT in football despite a few cases of that happening, and Mbappé being open about dating someone from that community should help ameliorate that trepidation for others.