Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyH1

Apparently €30 million nett per year. Signing fee will be around €120 million and he gets between 75 and 80% of image rights.

5 year contract.

I don't want to imagine what PSG were offering him.
A couple of oil wells I suppose.
Latest unfounded rumour heard in Spain is that PSG might tell Mbappé that Madrid has a CL ban incoming next season for their persistence with the Super League idea. Probably totally bollocks, but considering how tight Ceferin and al-Khelafi are, I wouldn't completely rule it out

GoldanoGraham

Once he has confirmed he is off to Madrid then the PSG cheque book is going to be flying around……

Nunez, Anthony, Pogba, Salah…..you name it they will be in for everyone and pushing the prices for them players through the roof

BalanceUnAutreJoint

If his strategy is to generate the most media attention then he's done a really good job at that.
But this PSG/Madrid story is becoming insufferable as far as I'm concerned.
He needs to speak and should've done it sooner.

They never were, they just signed a massive deal to rent out their stadium for big non-sporting events and concerts worth 500m a year recently too so they're in as strong a position financially as any of the non oil-clubs.
500m /year? Surely not.

That’d be the dodgiest deal in the history of dodgy deals. Spurs entire fecking stadium cost only double that :lol:

AndySmith1990

So annoying how they always land on their feet. This time 3 years ago they’d had one of the worst seasons in their recent history, 68 points in the league and being sent packing in the CL by Ajax, after losing a striker who scored 50 goals a season for them. It’s only been 3 years and they’re chock full of top players, talented prospects and are about to sign the best footballer in the world for the next decade.
That's what happens when a club and everyone associated with it has one objective; to be the best. Real Madrid are ruthless and are always looking to improve. The difference between our clubs is night and day, and the fans have a part to play in that aswell.

Gurtej

These are the sort of deals that I hate….120m signing on fees? So essentially not a free transfer…30m net??? That’s like over 50m a year…… where is football going? Where is FFP for god sake

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
That's what happens when a club and everyone associated with it has one objective; to be the best. Real Madrid are ruthless and are always looking to improve. The difference between our clubs is night and day, and the fans have a part to play in that aswell.
Footballing heritage.

Rolaholic

500m /year? Surely not.

That’d be the dodgiest deal in the history of dodgy deals. Spurs entire fecking stadium cost only double that :lol:
I stand corrected, closer to 400m euros tbf but it's because they expect the Bernabeau to generate close to 1B per year in revenue.

I stand corrected, closer to 400m euros tbf but it's because they expect the Bernabeau to generate close to 1B per year in revenue.

Yeah that still makes little sense whatsoever.

Why would you pay 400m a year when you could build your own stadium within 3 years of that spend?

Edit: Oh, now I see. An external company is taking over that department of the club (where they gain 150m euros in revenue currently) and is “projectingrevenues of up to 400m /year, of which they will take 20%.

Not really the same thing that. At very best it’s around a 100% jump in revenue for that department of the club after the 20% is deducted. Expenditure will obviously hugely increase also, it will cost a lot to host that many events.

It’s not quite the deal you think it is, and it obviously doesn’t remotely put them on par with oil clubs.

Last edited:

Rolaholic

Yeah that still makes little sense whatsoever.

Why would you pay 400m a year when you could build your own stadium within 3 years of that spend.
There are stadiums in America making north of 500m a year off doing the same thing regarding hosting different events. The Dallas Cowboys stadium earned $900m in a year pre-pandemic, it's not unheard of and they just spent a lot of money to renovate it recently. Makes sense to make it multi-purpose and open up that revenue stream.

Madrid will own a 20% stake in that company too now.

There are stadiums in America making north of 500m a year off doing the same thing regarding hosting different events. The Dallas Cowboys stadium earned $900m in a year pre-pandemic, it's not unheard of and they just spent a lot of money to renovate it recently. Makes sense to make it multi-purpose and open up that revenue stream.

Madrid will own a 20% stake in that company too now.
Yes but they are projecting at best 400m, at best.
Minus their 20% that’s 320m.

Today you have 150m in revenue from those events.

Now consider the costs involved in hosting enough events to generate 400m in revenue.

You’ll at best be seeing 150m profit extra a year, which is nothing to be sniffed at, but it aint no game changer.

The Firestarter

:lol: Right, Messi and Poch employees of Mbappe. Who comes with this shite? If it was Ronaldo I might have believed it btw.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Surely not. Even by PSG standards this is ridiculous.
Pedrerol until recently said it was a done deal but now Félix Díaz(Marca)and a youtuber/twitter called Ramón Álvarez de Mon have been faster on the Mbappe information, so now he sells that there are difficulties.
I'd say he's putting drama in to fill in programmes.

RoyH1

What the feck is wrong with this club?
Don't take it as gospel. The source is el Chiringuito which is more entertainment than journalism. I doubt he would be able to fire/hire managers at will.

That said, there several sources that make clear that Qatar Sports Investment will do anything they can to keep him. It's a question of prestige and not losing face. If Mbappé leaves them like this, it will be a statement that the best young player in the world sees PSG as being a step below Real Madrid. QSI cannot have that happening in the year of their World Cup.

They should have taken the 200 million last year.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
They never were, they just signed a massive deal to rent out their stadium for big non-sporting events and concerts worth 500m a year recently too so they're in as strong a position financially as any of the non oil-clubs.

Not to mention all the money they tend to make from sales. They can afford to splurge big right now after a few years of very sensible spending.

However people may feel about Perez, he's been one of the best club presidents in terms of never allowing the club to fall off.
This surely cannot be true. If it is then they have gone full FIFA circa 2010 when they decided that their corruption (the awarding of WC 2018 & 2022) no longer needed to be hid. That is literally insane, I do not believe it.

That said, another thing I don't believe is that apprantly PSG have told Mbappe he can have a vote in who manages the team or whether the manager gets sacked. That is on top of €1m+ a week plus a €100m+ signing on bonus.

If that (the Mbappe) deal is true, I really don't know what to say as it virtually makes PSG, Mbappe FC.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He's not really worth all this fuss, they might be better off if they let him go and get a workhorse striker instead.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He's not really worth all this fuss, they might be better off if they let him go and get a workhorse striker instead.
Most of their team is made of workhorses. They lacked skills and the ability to control games from a technical/tactical standpoint.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Mbappe is a fantastic player but seriously, they can replace him with 3/4 players and be a better side than the deals they are offering.

It's all getting a little ridiculous. 1/2 bad injuries that take his pace away and he'll be just another good wide forward.

JPRouve

Scout
The front 3 of Mbappe, Neymar and messi really lacks in that sense.
It wasn't PSG's issue. PSG had little issue regaining possession and conceding a little amount of chances. But since 2019 they have created less and less chances due to their defense and midfield inability to move the ball efficiently. Without MBappé they won't even have the most consistent and creative threat they had.

So to say that they would be better without him and with a workhorse striker is puzzling, they wouldn't be champions without him.

JPRouve

Scout
Mbappe is a fantastic player but seriously, they can replace him with 3/4 players and be a better side than the deals they are offering.

It's all getting a little ridiculous. 1/2 bad injuries that take his pace away and he'll be just another good wide forward.
If you need to hit on 3 or 4 players to replace one then we are talking about a player extremely difficult to replace.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
PSG need to still figure out what player in midfield will be able to pass the ball forward. A bunch of plodders and verratti ain’t cutting it

Status
Not open for further replies.