Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincantona

PSG need to still figure out what player in midfield will be able to pass the ball forward. A bunch of plodders and verratti ain’t cutting it
Wash your mouth out talking about Veratti like that! What I wouldn’t give to see him in a Utd shirt.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wash your mouth out talking about Veratti like that! What I wouldn’t give to see him in a Utd shirt.
He wasn’t included in that list! He’s my favourite midfielder for the past decade or so

Red the Bear

Something less generic
It wasn't PSG's issue. PSG had little issue regaining possession and conceding a little amount of chances. But since 2019 they have created less and less chances due to their defense and midfield inability to move the ball efficiently. Without MBappé they won't even have the most consistent and creative threat they had.

So to say that they would be better without him and with a workhorse striker is puzzling, they wouldn't be champions without him.
I reckon they'd be well off if they could maximize the output from the likes of Messi and neymar while also being more solid in the midfield.

MrEleson

Don't take it as gospel. The source is el Chiringuito which is more entertainment than journalism. I doubt he would be able to fire/hire managers at will.

That said, there several sources that make clear that Qatar Sports Investment will do anything they can to keep him. It's a question of prestige and not losing face. If Mbappé leaves them like this, it will be a statement that the best young player in the world sees PSG as being a step below Real Madrid. QSI cannot have that happening in the year of their World Cup.

They should have taken the 200 million last year.
I still find it hard to believe but it was confirmed by another journalist

LuckyScout78

Liverpool is playing 433 most of the time.

Jota is sitting on the bench a lot. Only 3 spots for Jota, Mane, Salah and Diaz. Another Mbappe. 5 players for 3 spots. If Klopp doesnt change to 4231 to rise to 4 attacking spot.

Lesser playing time = more disapoitment, reduce the players confidence.

If he is leaving PSG. R Madrid shall be his next club. With the fast and skillful CM in Camavinga behind and link with him. Can be really exciting to watch. A CM with top speed and ball control plus a a top speed attacking player. Sum of that can be really exciting.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Yes but they are projecting at best 400m, at best.
Minus their 20% that’s 320m.

Today you have 150m in revenue from those events.

Now consider the costs involved in hosting enough events to generate 400m in revenue.

You’ll at best be seeing 150m profit extra a year, which is nothing to be sniffed at, but it aint no game changer.
I am not sure about that.

Report from 2018-19 talks about 173m revenue from stadiums and members. Let's imagine around 150m comes from the Bernabeu matchday and members fees alone.

The deal with Legends does not include matchday and members fees. That would still be managed by Madrid, which makes sense as the added value Legends provides is for other type of events. The 20% percentage is taken only if the 400-440m range is reached, so in best of cases a 80% of the revenue minus costs is to be added to those 150m. The new amount does not substitute the previous one.

Bulldog United

The idea the small timers could ever have afforded to sign a genuinely world class footballer is laughable. He would never in a billion years want to live in Liverpool, or play for that lot. He's ambitious and wants to play for one of the truly great clubs, which leaves Real Madrid, Barcelona, and us as the only realistic contenders.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
They say PSG wanna give him powers no other players in the history of the game has ever gotten :lol: The power to fire/hire whoever he'd want as coaching staff and players.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
This seems to be a rather desperate attempt from that clown Spanish channel to make it out how PSG offered Mbappe the club, the city and the Eiffel Tower and he still chose Madrid.
I hope he joins Madrid but no way are PSG offering him all of that.

ForeverRed1

The idea the small timers could ever have afforded to sign a genuinely world class footballer is laughable. He would never in a billion years want to live in Liverpool, or play for that lot. He's ambitious and wants to play for one of the truly great clubs, which leaves Real Madrid, Barcelona, and us as the only realistic contenders.
good banter:lol:

ti vu

They say PSG wanna give him powers no other players in the history of the game has ever gotten :lol: The power to fire/hire whoever he'd want as coaching staff and players.
No Zidane no Mbappe then

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I still find it hard to believe but it was confirmed by another journalist

If this does not show how tiny PSG as a club are I don’t know what does

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Messi already had this power whilst at Barcelona? Someone bite

ForeverRed1

I don't deny they can play a bit of football, but they don't sign ready-made world class footballers.
play abit of football? And there is absolutely no reason they can’t sign world class players.

I agree though, they won’t sign mbappe, he is Madrid bound at some point if not next season.

the bit I didn’t agree on was saying they are small timers and that he would only sign for Madrid Barcelona or us. It’s just not true. The argument players would rather sign for liverpool over us at this moment is a valid one.

they actually have a bigger trophy count than us.

we’re a bigger PL club, bigger commercially and fan base wise. our global appeal is the biggest in the world, we Have a bigger stadium..will pay higher wages etc.. but not in terms of general trophies won.. liverpool are also far superior in terms of Europe.

sad but true. Time to take the rose tinted glasses off..

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Doubt, that Real will try to sign him again after this saga.

His Madrid dream should be over now.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
PSG really did mean it when they said a few years ago that no player can ever leave unless they want them to. Almost sinister, sort of reminds me of the Eagles 'Hotel California'.

wr8_utd

:'(
PSG's final match is on Saturday. This brings back terrible memories of sitting up to watch Hazard's final match at Lille and the Robben-inspired debacle that followed post the CL final.

AlexanderTheGreat29

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I expected him to leave last summer and i was expecting him to leave now. Yet , here we are , appparently , there's a big chance he stays. I don't know how to feel about it , I try to remain pessimistic , but i'm starting to believe.

It would be nice if he stays for sure , he's one my favorites. It also gives us less work for the summer trying to replace his output , if he stays , we only need another attacker instead of 2 , Di Maria is leaving. Of course we need a couple of midfielders and a defender , as well as offloading deadwood.

If he does get a huge sign on fee , i hope the contract is at least 3 seasons more.

Anderson_7_

They're trying to create phoney drama in order to turn this boring and predictable transfer into a bigger media spectacle. I'm not falling for it.

RoyH1

If PSG gives him all that power, it means that they do not have what it takes to ever to win a CL. What kind of top self respecting manager would walk into a situation were their star player’s voice counts more than his? Talk about dysfunction.

romufc

I can't believe a football club would be willing to give one player this much power. He is the face of the world cup, they need him to be at their club come the world cup and they are willing to do whatever.

Pathetic really.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
If the offer to be part of sporting decision and money is true, then PSG wont win CL in my opinion. You need a team to win tournaments and this wont go down well with other teammates

Eddy_JukeZ

PSG losing him on a free is just awful for their image.

I'm not that surprised they're going all out in lunacy regarding their offer to Mbappe.

Status
Not open for further replies.