Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Eric 7

Who's the superstar signing Real Madrid will go for now? Bar Haaland and Mbappe, there doesn't seem to be any high profile superstar in the game right now to fit the bill. Mahrez/Sterling/Gnabry would be underwhelming
Sir Marcus of course.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I personally don't really want to see us ever paying the sort of wages Mbappe will be getting, its totally grim.
So where is the bulk of the money generated by Football supposed to go?

Wayne's World

Mahrez or Gnabry would be the smartest signings for them tbh, would address RW with Vinicius having made LW his own and allow rotation with Rodrygo starting to show his promise this season.

Maybe not sexy but it would be shrewd of them given how they'll likely get anoyher year or 2 of world class Benzema.

They can also focus their attention on Tchouameni and taking the nightmare prospect of him going to Liverpool off our hands
Bellingham could be an option now too? I can see Madrid trying to get some big players in now because of Mbappe not coming

crossy1686

career ending
Massive dent for Madrids ambitions but they’ve thrown their money around for 20 years to get the biggest names so it’s nice to see them get out bid in the silly money stakes. Sure the super league chat will start again from Perez now.

Surely leaves the door open for a big Salah contract and maybe a bid for Mane/Son also.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
While I think money is obviously playing a role, I do believe he wants to be a part of the first PSG team that wins the champions league. Hopefully that doesn’t happen for the greedy annoying little prick.
Which one?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He really took the piss out of both clubs. Greedy little fecker but if PSG are willing to bendover backwards for him, I can understand why he'd accept

Mainoldo

Why are we not all laughing at Madrid. Screw them guys. No Haaland no Mbappe.

Rashford is available guys.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
It would have been true hadn't Mbappé be free to sign for Real Madrid since january. He could have litteraly walked into the President's office at PSG and said "Oh btw I just signed for Real Madrid" and PSG's "last ditch offer" wouldn't have existed. He didn't.

So what changed since last summer, i have no idea. It could be several things, but I highly doubt it was only about money because :
1) It wouldn't be logical
2) It would go against pretty much everything we know about Mbappé
Why would a player at the centre of big money approaches involving multiple clubs want to cut short the negotiating period? As United have seen with Pogba, it makes more sense from a financial POV to be non-committal for as long as possible. Flush out everyone's interest and see who wants you the most. It's all about money.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Just strikes me as not at all ambitious from Mbappe. He’ll continue to win the league with PSG but do we realistically see a champions league for them?

Madrid to move for Salah/Sterling now?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They won the title almost a month ago though, would figure they already had their official celebration
They will receive the trophy tonight and organized a formal celebration.

Rolaholic

With everything coming out today, quite crazy that a few months he had Madrid fans chanting his name at the Bernabeau :lol:

Has Qatar and France laying at his feet at 23 years old

Rolaholic

Has Haaland officially signed his City contract yet? Would love to hear how he feels right now given the reason Real didn't go for him harder was because of Mbappe

Nero

Probably wasn't worth spending the rest of his life looking over his shoulder.

Rolaholic

Probably wasn't worth spending the rest of his life looking over his shoulder.
Could've definitely seen a 'freak' accident in his future when he's in Qatar for the World Cup had he rejected them :lol:

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Just strikes me as not at all ambitious from Mbappe. He’ll continue to win the league with PSG but do we realistically see a champions league for them?

Madrid to move for Salah/Sterling now?
With the right manager, abit of luck and a few more hundred million spent I'm sure theykl eventually do it.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Did he ever say anything about the PL? Could see him moving to City if he feels that his time at PSG is over.

Or perhaps Barca if they have their stuff under control by that time. Door to Madrid is permanently closed, that ain’t happening no more.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Damn, Madrid might as well give up on him.
Wonder how this affects their plans for the future considering how much they were banking on this.

Red&Black

Supports
Milan
Where is Ceferin?

Man basically starting making changes to FFP rules because he expected Madrid to sign Mbappe (out of spote for the super league)... Now that he's staying at PSG, how is that idiot going to justify what PSG just paid to keep him? How quickly do we see an adjustment of rules and/or allowance of tons more shady dealings to allow it?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
With the right manager, abit of luck and a few more hundred million spent I'm sure theykl eventually do it.
But who? The best managers are in cushy jobs at the moment.

Zidane to PSG is possible but I don’t see him revolutionising the club to this extent.

TsuWave

Good on him. Take the generational wealth and secure your and your family's future.

Also, if the reported influence/input on PSG's direction is true, then feck me. At 23 making bags of money and having a say on the direction of one of the sport's richest clubs

I'm taking that any day over white handkerchief bandits and "he went to a proper club" twitter posts and news columns.

money > respect of couch potatoes

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Describe the Real fans in one picture ^^ :

Just joking though, I still think there's a chance journalists know nothing and that he ends up signing at Real Madrid anyway.

gorky_utd

What is the reported salary offered to him? Something unimaginable I believe because Madrid was also offering him around 100m joining bonus?

Brophs

The One and Only
Good on him. Take the generational wealth and secure your and your family's future.

Also, if the reported influence/input on PSG's direction is true, then feck me. At 23 making bags of money and having a say on the direction of one of the sport's richest clubs

I'm taking that any day over white handkerchief bandits and "he went to a proper club" twitter posts and news columns.

money > respect of couch potatoes
From Mbappe’s point of view it’s a great deal. But there aren’t many footballers I can think of at that age that I’d want having a say in the running of a club. Naked self interest rarely lends itself to good decision making.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I wish he had signed for Real Madrid. But I doubt that someone who makes this decision has the mentality to succeed here, not on the terms RM fans except.

Status
Not open for further replies.