Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't think he will come to Real Madrid, at least as long as Florentino is our president. The club was preparing for his arrival for quite a while in order to build a new team around him. Most fans are going to be either disappointed or mad at him, and are conscious the club did their best effort and still wasn't enough so no hard feelings about it but more in the way his camp has led the stories the past few days.

So yeah, I think he will sign for PSG and even when his contract expires with them it will be impossible to match his salary and economic pretentions; so I guess he is going to stay a lot longer in PSG or will jump to Manchester City or any club crazy enough to match a PSG offer.

Then in a few years it's more likely we try to get Erling Haaland rather than trying to sign Mbappe yet again. In terms of our sport project it's a massive blow for us not getting him as we were setting up for years to get him. There isn't any player of a similar quality to him we could get but we can try to strengthen other areas of the team.

Does anyone know if Spurs are selling Son, can he play RW?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Apparently the Emir had asked Macron and even Sarkozy to help up pressure on the home front :lol:

Absolutely one of the madness football sagas we've had in recent memory
That's BS, Sarkozy is staying as far as he can from Qatar and the Emir, judges are trying to put him in jail through that angle. He would have to be the biggest idiot on earth.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
As someone else mentioned, hard to not see Salah coming to Real Madrid now, that's the RW sorted. If Madrid got Mbappe to be on the RW, it would have been an absolute waste.

Classical Mechanic

The good thing about it is that we are talking about France, if it's the case judges are already trying to put him in jail.
I'm not sure on the background on this. Are you saying some French courts are going after the PSG owners? If so politicians don't care about that shit. It's a simple case of leveraging influence. I mean if I were Qatar, after investing all that money in France and French football I'd want a bit of cooperation in common interests.

DevilRed

I don't think he will come to Real Madrid, at least as long as Florentino is our president. The club was preparing for his arrival for quite a while in order to build a new team around him. Most fans are going to be either disappointed or mad at him, and are conscious the club did their best effort and still wasn't enough so no hard feelings about it but more in the way his camp has led the stories the past few days.

So yeah, I think he will sign for PSG and even when his contract expires with them it will be impossible to match his salary and economic pretentions; so I guess he is going to stay a lot longer in PSG or will jump to Manchester City or any club crazy enough to match a PSG offer.

Then in a few years it's more likely we try to get Erling Haaland rather than trying to sign Mbappe yet again. In terms of our sport project it's a massive blow for us not getting him as we were setting up for years to get him. There isn't any player of a similar quality to him we could get but we can try to strengthen other areas of the team.

You will get him.

It took you years to get Ronaldo from us.

With mbappe, I can't see him staying more than 2 years. Especially if they win nothing in europe.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Well I get it wouldn't be very believable to a Madridista, but the fact is if he stayed three years, that would make it eight at PSG, that's enough time to move on and say you gave it your best shot.
A much simpler explanation is that PSG made an offer so large that he decided he couldn't pass it up.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think that he needs to. Platini's legend started with the Nancy and ASSE, I would argue that all the players that left France early have that disadvantage they don't have an actual local support and mainly rely on the french national team. For the same reason Deschamps has a huge place in France due to his success at Nantes and Marseille, in particular the CL with Marseille. Someone like Benzema despite his successes will never be close to these players.

Basically Platini's career trajectory is probably the best when it comes to legend. He has done it in France, Italy and at international level but moved abroad during his prime not before.
Benzema will never be close to them because he's never had any success with the national team. International football achievement will resonate much more than what a french club football would achieve in the CL.

JPRouve

Scout
I'm not sure on the background on this. Are you saying some French courts are going after the PSG owners? If so politicians don't care about that shit. It's a simple case of leveraging influence. I mean if I were Qatar, after investing all that money in France and French football I'd want a bit of cooperation in common interests.
After Sarkozy, every single one of his accolates and whoever has the stupidity to openly talk to Qatar representatives.

Teja

I feel RM can build a more balanced team as a result even if you don't have that superstar leading it.

Modric is the most important name to replace along with Benzema, Kroos maybe even the fullbacks.

I assume you'll go for Salah now? Why Son?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Football is a "broken" sport that's in decline from a commercial and sporting perspective. Mbappe staying at PSG on such incredible money and seemingly with a big say in how the club will be run just another symptom of it.

La liga is certainly in big decline and can understand why they're seriously pissed about what's happened. Ligue 1 was already 2nd tier of course. Probably helps the premier league this deal is some ways.

Certainly have no love for RM, feels to me like stuff like this deal will put people off the sport more. Need reform with closed leagues and proper financial rules (only way that can be agreed is without relegation for big clubs) like US sports before football starts going anywhere again I reckon.

CM

Madrid being painted as the good guys of football in this scenario is pretty funny

Demas

Supports
Chelsea
How do they know all these intimate details? Sounds like a bitter, scorned ex

Edit: replying to Madrid Zone tweets

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
So, with Mbappe and Haaland off the table, who do Madrid go for now in the forward roles or do they just sit tight and continue to concentrate on other areas ?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
A much simpler explanation is that PSG made an offer so large that he decided he couldn't pass it up.
If it helps you cope with the outcome, knock yourself out. All I can tell you is that winning in Paris means more to some people, especially Parisians, than adding to Madrid's collection.

Again, you guys would have made him the best paid player in the world as well, and I know it's strange to be on the other side of the coin, but it's not as if Madrid has never used their money to offer ridiculous salaries and tempt players to come to them.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Why the feck would we go for Salah? Too expensive. I imagine Nkunku will be someone we look at. Personally i'd see if Dembele might be willing to do a Figo :D

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Why the feck would we go for Salah? Too expensive. I imagine Nkunku will be someone we look at. Personally i'd see if Dembele might be willing to do a Figo :D
You'd be willing to risk Dembele's injury history to tie him up over Nkunku or Salah? I get Salah's age, but he's still as good as you can get at this point for the RW for the next 2-3 years.

Trex

On reflection this is quite funny, the last two generation had the cream of the crop plying their trade in the Spanish duo now the oil clubs have them.

kouroux

No player should be given that amount of power. It will end up badly for them, the new manager will have next to no authority. Mbappe will have a special treatment.

JPRouve

Scout
Are there any legal implications to asking a footballer to stay in France for the good of French football?
The tweet says huge pressure and even threats, at a basic level you could start with corruption or potential traffic of influence and it can get ugly very quickly. French judges are currently among the ones targetting Qatar and Qatar 2022 but they are also targetting every politicians that get too close.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You'd be willing to risk Dembele's injury history to tie him up over Nkunku or Salah? I get Salah's age, but he's still as good as you can get at this point for the RW for the next 2-3 years.
Too expensive. And yes, i'd take the plunge on his injury history considering his quality. Would depend on the wages of course

At the end of the day, we have 3 perfectly fine starters at forward. It's depth we lack there. We need starters elsewhere on the team instead.

Kaushal

As much as a setback it is for you lot, every cloud has a silver lining. I think your club should forget about Mbappe now and move forward with a more balanced overhaul of the team with all the money saved. In my opinion you should go for Salah, Nkunku, Tchouameni and possibly Pogba this summer. I think he would be grand for you.

Rolaholic

No player should be given that amount of power. It will end up badly for them, the new manager will have next to no authority. Mbappe will have a special treatment.
Not anything new for PSG though. Likely started with Ibra but Neymar had unrivaled privileges and special treatment granted to him at the time when he signed. So has Messi who can basically pick and choose when he plays domestically.

The stuff reportedly being offered to Mbappe is only the logical next step/evolution of their established modus operandi.

It's a player ran/driven club

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
On reflection this is quite funny, the last two generation had the cream of the crop plying their trade in the Spanish duo now the oil clubs have them.
It's not really funny unless you don't care about the paradigm shift that is the oil-states positioning themselves as the biggest clubs in the world and effectively starting to take over the game

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
You will get him.

It took you years to get Ronaldo from us.

With mbappe, I can't see him staying more than 2 years. Especially if they win nothing in europe.
Out of pure pride I don't think the club will make more approaches in the future. PSG already rejected a huge offer from us when he had 1 year left in his contract and he already rejected us now to renew with them.

We tend to pay a lot to get the best players in the world but we can't match PSG and the way his camp handled all of this has burned bridges with the fans. At least I think we should move on and pursue different targets.

Ronaldo didn't change his mind last second in order to squeeze the best deal he could get out of Manchester United, with his mother tweeting both offers were almost identical. Even then Ronaldo was a better player at that stage that had already won a Ballon D' Or and Champions League; so I don't think Mbappe is worth anything more than what we have already offered him and to keep waiting for him.

Suv666

It might be funny to see Madrid tasting their own medicine for once.

On the other hand it's a clear (and worrying) sign where football is heading. The oil and state sponsored clubs will dominate international football in the near future. New Castle will be the next joining City and PSG. 200, 300 or 500 million Euro are nothing for governments which earn billions of Petrodollars every day. Traditional football clubs will have to no chance to compete with them
Can wait for the first transfer saga between 2 oil clubs. Then it won't be about millions but billions....
Game's gone
In a decade or two it'll just be City, Newcastle and PSG playing CL among themselves

kouroux

Not anything new for PSG though. Likely started with Ibra but Neymar had unrivaled privileges and special treatment granted to him at the time when he signed. So has Messi who can basically pick and choose when he plays in the league.

The stuff reportedly being offered to Mbappe is only the logical next step/evolution of their established modus operandi.

It's a player ran/driven club
Yes but this time it does feel like we're reaching a truly unhealthy point. Messi reached that level after CLs and Ballon d'Ors. It didn't happen for him this young

Classical Mechanic

The tweet says huge pressure and even threats, at a basic level you could start with corruption or potential traffic of influence and it can get ugly very quickly. French judges are currently among the ones targetting Qatar and Qatar 2022 but they are also targetting every politicians that get too close.
I interpreted that as coming from the Qatari side. Mbappe spoke himself of being worried about some of the language used by the PSG owners last summer. I'm not convinced of him being threatened to stay. However, I don't think it's outlandish to think that Macron may have been asked to try to convince him to stay in France, nor that it would be legally perilous for Macron to do so. This kind of stuff happens all the time within the wheels of power.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I feel RM can build a more balanced team as a result even if you don't have that superstar leading it.

Modric is the most important name to replace along with Benzema, Kroos maybe even the fullbacks.

I assume you'll go for Salah now? Why Son?
Well, Benzema entering god form at this stage in his career and Vinicius being more clinical and composed has changed my perception recently. Prior to this season it felt the team was decaying fast, with a veteran team that had already won everything and seen his best years. Hazard was a massive fiasco, we lost Ramos and Varane, and overall it felt the club needed to move on from the old guard and perform major surgery.

Then we somehow managed a UCL final and it seems the attack isn't so bad after all. Vinicius has been great this season and Camavinga has been very promising, so yeah we can focus in other areas that can potentially make us a stronger and more balanced team.

Salah might make more sense but I'm not a big fan, out of the premier I fancy more someone like Mane or Son, but I'm just being silly I really don't know what to expect now. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.