Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yes. But that part is meant to be a joke though, as I've already said. But you know what I mean.

Its irrelevant league, but still a good place at one point (at PSG) for ageing top stars who is nearly past their best but still want to have a last shot for more money before going to MLS or retiring (Beckham, Ibrahimov, Buffon, Ramos, Messi etc)
It's a bad league for older players because it's a young league with fast and physical players. You are just exposing the fact that you have no clue which makes sense since to you it's irrelevant. The logical thing would be to stop talking about it and focus on things that you watch.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
It's a bad league for older players because it's a young league with fast and physical players. You are just exposing the fact that you have no clue which makes sense since to you it's irrelevant. The logical thing would be to stop talking about it and focus on things that you watch.
Its bad league for anyone.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Benzema? Varane? Would Camavinga have picked PSG over Madrid, Would Griezmann have moved back if psg rivalled Barca for his signing?
Camavinga actually picked PSG in the first place, but because we are morons, we'd rather have WIjnaldum and Messi. It prompted a pretty popular tweet from Demba Ba a couple of days ago...

CraftySoAndSo

It doesn’t have anywhere near the same global attention as compared to PL and LL, even if you are one of minority who watch their shitty league.
What an entitled obnoxious attitude, you can criticize a league without sounding like you're 13. The French league can't win in any argument here as it does need money for the league to grow. But when money does come to the league like with PSG everyone that goes there gets labelled a mercenary with no ambition. But if there was no PSG money then it would attract less fans as players like Mbappe and Neymar are big draws for neutrals to watch the league. But outside PSG there are some exciting teams and really good young players to watch that keeps me interested in the league. And some of the league's best games this season have mostly been games that haven't involved PSG at all.
The reality of Ligue 1 is that every game has at least one player worth watching because talent isn't concentrated and unlike around 2010s, the coaches aren't as negative as they used to so games aren't totally closed, though it's not the most open league either.
I do think that has been a problem with French football in that there hasn't been many young promising coaches coming through in the last 10-15 years. Stephan is a good young manager plus Clement as well but he's older and Belgian. The narrative needs to shift like it has in Italian football where some really promising attack minded coaches have come through over the last 5 or so years.

JPRouve

Scout
I do think that has been a problem with French football in that there hasn't been many young promising coaches coming through in the last 10-15 years. Stephan is a good young manager plus Clement as well but he's older and Belgian. The narrative needs to shift like it has in Italian football where some really promising attack minded coaches have come through over the last 5 or so years.
You see that's the kind of conversation and criticism that I would like to see. The one team I have liked and not watched enough has been Rennes under Génésio, I didn't expect them to be good and entertaining. Stephan is a good young coach but I don't know how good. And your mention of italian football is spot on, the mentality of many french coaches is reminiscent of old school Serie A, Gourcuff used to be an exception with Lorient and Rennes.

KeanoMagicHat

No they aren't. In the last 5 years PSG have been knocked out of the Last 16 3 times and City 0.
Look at the draws. PSG lost to Real Madrid twice and Barcelona at that stage in recent years (and United).

City have got some draws like Basel, Sporting, Schalke. In the end, they've both only got to one final and they have no trophies

CraftySoAndSo

You see that's the kind of conversation and criticism that I would like to see. The one team I have liked and not watched enough has been Rennes under Génésio, I didn't expect them to be good and entertaining. Stephan is a good young coach but I don't know how good. And your mention of italian football is spot on, the mentality of many french coaches is reminiscent of old school Serie A, Gourcuff used to be an exception with Lorient and Rennes.
Yeah i've only seen Rennes a few times this season but have scored a lot of goals this season, forgot Genesio was back in France though after his spell in China. I really like Stephan and think he can go far, got Rennes into Champions League although the season was cut short. But is doing a very good job at Strasbourg and could get European football this season with them.

But what i said wasn't really a criticism more an observation. As i said i enjoy watching the league but i do feel it could do with bringing more progressive coaches into the league. I think if they do that and you factor in the young talent as well then it could follow a similar trajectory to Serie A which has been getting more popular recently due to it's attacking nature these days.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
The Unecatef is a joke. No organization can ever work when it's lead by Raymond Domenech.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
What an entitled obnoxious attitude, you can criticize a league without sounding like you're 13. The French league can't win in any argument here as it does need money for the league to grow. But when money does come to the league like with PSG everyone that goes there gets labelled a mercenary with no ambition. But if there was no PSG money then it would attract less fans as players like Mbappe and Neymar are big draws for neutrals to watch the league. But outside PSG there are some exciting teams and really good young players to watch that keeps me interested in the league. And some of the league's best games this season have mostly been games that haven't involved PSG at all.
Sorry if this offends you, but I am just speaking what everyone thinks. And excuse for my manner, but this is simply reacting to how Mbappe is going to wasting his career over there, and some people seems think it doesn't really matter. Of course top 5 league football would still has some attraction to some people. But from the perspective of watching top level football for global fans, its rather irrelevant. Its basically local league for local fans. Nothing wrong with that, as if nothing wrong with being irrelevant.

CraftySoAndSo

Sorry if this offends you, but I am just speaking what everyone thinks. And excuse for my manner, but this is simply reacting to how Mbappe is going to wasting his career over there, and some people seems think it doesn't really matter. Of course top 5 league football would still has some attraction to some people. But from the perspective of watching top level football for global fans, its rather irrelevant. Its basically local league for local fans. Nothing wrong with that, as if nothing wrong with being irrelevant.
I'm not offended by what you say, if i wanted to be offended i'd go to a youtube comment section. It's fine if you don't like or rate a league but you're clearly not speaking what everyone thinks since there are those who disagree and have disagreed with you in the last page or two.

But overall it depends on what Mbappe's motivations are for staying at PSG is since he is Paris born. If he was born anywhere else i'd agree it's money orientated but as others have said who know how big the lure is of winning the Champions League with his hometown club is. If say Conte is coming in that could convince him they potentially have a good shot at winning so he's willing to wait a couple of years, all speculation of course. He's also talked about wanting to help grow the French league which can't happen without money or people like him in it. Besides even if he waited until 25 to make the move that's hardly wasting his career as he'd just be entering his prime.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
I'm not offended by what you say, if i wanted to be offended i'd go to a youtube comment section. It's fine if you don't like or rate a league but you're clearly not speaking what everyone thinks since there are those who disagree and have disagreed with you in the last page or two.

But overall it depends on what Mbappe's motivations are for staying at PSG is since he is Paris born. If he was born anywhere else i'd agree it's money orientated but as others have said who know how big the lure is of winning the Champions League with his hometown club is. If say Conte is coming in that could convince him they potentially have a good shot at winning so he's willing to wait a couple of years, all speculation of course. He's also talked about wanting to help grow the French league which can't happen without money or people like him in it. Besides even if he waited until 25 to make the move that's hardly wasting his career as he'd just be entering his prime.
If anything, Mbappe being there would make the league even more one sided in the near future. The league already has Messi and Neymar for marketing and bringing viewership globally..

The thing is, Mbappe has been a Madrid fan since childhood. It's probably a dream for him.

JPRouve

Scout
If anything, Mbappe being there would make the league even more one sided in the near future. The league already has Messi and Neymar for marketing and bringing viewership globally..

The thing is, Mbappe has been a Madrid fan since childhood. It's probably a dream for him.
He has been a Ronaldo fan, Real Madrid are a different story.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I really think he should join us this summer otherwise people would start to get pissed at him and it would be more beneficial for the club to move on and chase for other targets and forwards.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
psg a better team than Madrid!! :D :D :D
I'll take PSG's XI over the next 3 years than Madrid's, without a single question. They're a collection of names, but you just need a manager to make a team out of it and it is a superior one to Madrid. I really don't see where the controversy is, regardless of Madrid's current run in the CL, they are an aging team and have looked poorer for most of the games they ended up winning than their counterpart in PSG, Chelsea, and now City.

Trex

I'll take PSG's XI over the next 3 years than Madrid's, without a single question. They're a collection of names, but you just need a manager to make a team out of it and it is a superior one to Madrid. I really don't see where the controversy is, regardless of Madrid's current run in the CL, they are an aging team and have looked poorer for most of the games they ended up winning than their counterpart in PSG, Chelsea, and now City.
You support PSG so no doubt you'll

Rolaholic

Isn't Le Parisien the same media outfit that said he'd prolonged his contract with PSG last week?
They did based on their info and Mbappe's family themselves promptly denied it.

Now they're just reporting the talk coming out of Madrid, the club seem quite certain they've got Mbappe in the bag.

RoyH1

They did based on their info and Mbappe's family themselves promptly denied it.

Now they're just reporting the talk coming out of Madrid, the club seem quite certain they've got Mbappe in the bag.
Maybe they should be a bit more critical of their sources and what they print?

izec

Potentially good news for us. They will go for a big name, hopefully Pogba, and likely one less club in for De Jong.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
why would losing Mbappe make De Jong less likely?
He's insinuating PSG will go for Pogba due to him being the bigger star to placate the PSG faithful in the event of Mbappe leaving, which would mean they wouldn't go for de Jong.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
He's insinuating PSG will go for Pogba due to him being the bigger star to placate the PSG faithful in the event of Mbappe leaving, which would mean they wouldn't go for de Jong.
Why wouldn't they just go all-in for De Jong instead of Pogba?

Mainoldo

De Jong is younger and probably better. I still don't follow how Mbappe has anything to do with Pogba over De Jong...
De Jong is not high profile. Just because he means a lot to us doesn’t mean that’s how he’s viewed elsewhere.

I mean Barca are picking Gavi over him. You wouldn’t pick Isco over Zidane would you.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I really don't see where the controversy is, regardless of Madrid's current run in the CL, they are an aging team and have looked poorer for most of the games they ended up winning than their counterpart in PSG, Chelsea, and now City.
Real Madrid's squad isn't that old anymore. The only older players who get substantial minutes are Modric (36), Kroos (32), Benzema (34), and Nacho (32). Everyone else is 30 or younger. I'm pretty sure RM's attack and midfield are overall younger than PSG's.

The issue with the squad is not so much that they're old but that there's a big experience and age gap between the veterans and the young players. But that gets fixed by doing things like "playing a CL final."

Last edited:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Going for Pogba would be the reverse of that considering their hardcore fans really don't want him.

A big problem with constantly opening your mouth like Pogba does is that you'll likely put your foot in it on occasions, like saying your family are Marseille fans and that he wouldn't join PSG - now the greedy cnut has few options suddenly PSG appeals.

Telsim

Poor PSG. I think we should send a fruit basket - Pogba and Rashford bundled together. Help them deal with the loss.

JPRouve

Scout
Going for Pogba would be the reverse of that considering their hardcore fans really don't want him.

A big problem with constantly opening your mouth like Pogba does is that you'll likely put your foot in it on occasions, like saying your family are Marseille fans and that he wouldn't join PSG - now the greedy cnut has few options suddenly PSG appeals.
Only United fans take his brothers words seriously or apply them to Paul. The reason people in France may not want Pogba is for Football reasons, people don't necessarily rate him as highly.

Status
Not open for further replies.