Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

If the figures are true, he is giving up quite a lot of money, although there is obviously a high transfer commision.
I would prefer the announcement after the Champions League final.
He said he would announce it after the CL final

Whatever money he's giving up at PSG I'm quite sure he'll be able to make up in with the ample sponsorship opportunities that will come his way playing for Real

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I really cannot see in any universe that he could fill those boots. Also isn't he a DM?
You don't see an universe where a defensively sound, excellent ball carrier and very good passer at 19 years old could fill the boots of Modric in the future?

Hammondo

You don't see an universe where a defensively sound, excellent ball carrier and very good passer at 19 years old could fill the boots of Modric in the future?
Modric runs the game for them, hes their most important player. No player in the world has more impact on dictating a game, dealing with pressuring opponents, and creating space as Modric. So no I do not think he can.

JPRouve

Scout
Modric runs the game for them, hes their most important player. No player in the world has more impact on dictating a game, dealing with pressuring opponents, and creating space as Modric. So no I do not think he can.
So you don't do any projections? And replacing doesn't mean that you will get a like for like player, the point is about replacing him in a starting eleven.

Tavern in the town

Statements like this really show how underrated goalscoring is. Benzema has 45 odd goals for Real this season, there is no universe in which he isn’t their most important footballer.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I really cannot see in any universe that he could fill those boots. Also isn't he a DM?
There is no one on the market capable of filling those boots. Only Kimmich.Bernardo Silva from what I saw recently could also be up to the task.
Camavinga in my opinion has to eliminate Casemiro and Kroos, exercise their roles alone to be a Redondo.
Considering there is no one as talented as Modric Valverde+Camavinga+ some reinforcement doesn't sound bad at all.

Hammondo

So you don't do any projections? And replacing doesn't mean that you will get a like for like player, the point is about replacing him in a starting eleven.
I realize that, but you need someone really special to replace that. You cannot predict that from a youngster, you get those predictions all the time on this forum and it almost never happens.

Hammondo

There is no one on the market capable of filling those boots. Only Kimmich.Bernardo Silva from what I saw recently could also be up to the task.
Camavinga in my opinion has to eliminate Casemiro and Kroos, exercise their roles alone to be a Redondo.
Considering there is no one as talented as Modric Valverde+Camavinga+ some reinforcement doesn't sound bad at all.
I agree there is no one, thats why I say they have a bit of a problem because Kroos is also getting old.

"Camavinga in my opinion has to eliminate Casemiro and Kroos"
Sounds a bit violent tbh.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I agree there is no one, thats why I say they have a bit of a problem because Kroos is also getting old.

"Camavinga in my opinion has to eliminate Casemiro and Kroos"
Sounds a bit violent tbh.
:D
I mean, ideally, he should force the sale of Casemiro and the non-renewal of Kroos.
This year has been a year of adaptation but next year he should demand more minutes and he has the ability to do their job.Camavinga+Valverde+Creative midfielder. Personally I don't understand the signing of Tchouameni if we have Camavinga.

JPRouve

Scout
I realize that, but you need someone really special to replace that. You cannot predict that from a youngster, you get those predictions all the time on this forum and it almost never happens.
What prediction are you talking about? You think I'm suggesting that Camavinga is going to be an all time great?

I said that he is Modric replacement, it's a point made from a functional standpoint not the idea that Camavinga or anyone is going to be as good as pick Modric.

Hammondo

I mean, ideally, he should force the sale of Casemiro and the non-renewal of Kroos.
This year has been a year of adaptation but next year he should demand more minutes and he has the ability to do their job.Camavinga+Valverde+Creative midfielder. Personally I don't understand the signing of Tchouameni if we have Camavinga.
It does seem to be having 2 top players for the same position.

dinostar77

You being sarcastic? Real are one of the global teams in world football. His status will go up 10x if he is a success at Madrid. No one cares about PSG.
Not being sarcastic in the slightest. What is going to be remembered more mbappe helping PSG win their first CL or him helping madrid win number 14/15 CL ?

Who other than madrid fans, who cares if Madrid win a CL. Its just boring. I'd much rather see history being made by clubs winning CL for the first time. Thats where the stories and legends are created. The unexpected triumphs. The notts forest, aston villas, porto, celtic, hamburger, steau buacrest, psv, red star etc.

Also those who retained the trophy unexpectedly, Ajax, Forest etc.

For argument sake say Mbappe signs an extension and wins tye next two CL back to back with PSG before leaving for Madrid. No matter what he does at Madrid, it will not overshadow winning 2 x CL with PSG.

Haaland winning a CL with City will be more remembered than him winning one with madrid. Thats a compliment to madrid as them winning the trophy is so utterly tedious now.

As for not caring about PSG, dont be so myopic. You might as well ask for a closed european super league and bore everyone to death with the same boring winners over and over again.

Last edited:

dinostar77

Madrid wont replace Modric just as Barcelona dodnt replace Xavi or Iniesta or we didnt replace Scholes. Aint gonna happen. A different type of midfielder will emerge eventually and make the role successful in his own way.

Tavern in the town

Staying at PSG wouldn’t be very good for his career because any season in which PSG don’t win the CL is considered something of a failure. Which is ridiculous because nearly every winner has had a dose of good luck at some point, so even if he wins 3 in 10 years (which is amazing) then 7/10 seasons will be considered a let down. That’s ridiculous. Much rather go to Madrid and actually have something to play for on a week to week basis.

Reactions: Solius

dinostar77

Staying at PSG wouldn’t be very good for his career because any season in which PSG don’t win the CL is considered something of a failure. Which is ridiculous because nearly every winner has had a dose of good luck at some point, so even if he wins 3 in 10 years (which is amazing) then 7/10 seasons will be considered a let down. That’s ridiculous. Much rather go to Madrid and actually have something to play for on a week to week basis.
Wont he be seen as a failure at madrid if he doesnt score 451 goals and win 5 x cl durimg his time at madrid and therefore beating the records set by ronaldo? The bar set by Ronaldo and Messi at both clubs is so high now, that you might as well go elsewhere other than Madrid/Barcelona and create a new bar just as high.

JPRouve

Scout
I don't get that logic, La Liga doesn't distribute trophies every weekends and no one sensible believes that PSG not winning the CL at the end of a season is a failure.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Madrid wont replace Modric just as Barcelona dodnt replace Xavi or Iniesta or we didnt replace Scholes. Aint gonna happen. A different type of midfielder will emerge eventually and make the role successful in his own way.
When will United do it?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He said he would announce it after the CL final

Whatever money he's giving up at PSG I'm quite sure he'll be able to make up in with the ample sponsorship opportunities that will come his way playing for Real
100% leaving for Real then. If he already made the decision to stay at PSG, he doesn't really need to wait for annoucement,

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Not being sarcastic in the slightest. What is going to be remembered more mbappe helping PSG win their first CL or him helping madrid win number 14/15 CL ?

Who other than madrid fans, who cares if Madrid win a CL. Its just boring. I'd much rather see history being made by clubs winning CL for the first time. Thats where the stories and legends are created. The unexpected triumphs. The notts forest, aston villas, porto, celtic, hamburger, steau buacrest, psv, red star etc.

For argument sake say Mbappe signs an extension and wins tye next two CL back to back with PSG before leaving for Madrid. No matter what he does at Madrid, it will not overshadow winning 2 x CL with PSG.

Haaland winning a CL with City will be more remembered than him winning one with madrid. Thats a compliment to madrid as them winning the trophy is so utterly tedious now.

As for not caring about PSG, dont be so myopic. You might as well ask for a closed european super league and bore everyone to death with the same boring winners over and over again.
What if PSG not going to win CL? His club career would be branded as a waste and somewhat failure. He really need to hedge it now, either winning at least a number of major league titles in top 2 league, or risk winning nothing major but only farmers league titles and micky cup trophied where nobody cares.

dinostar77

Theres never going to be a modern day equivalent of Maradona again is there? By that i mean signing for a club who have never won a league title in their history, dragging them to 2 x domestic titles (in the best league in the world at the time) and winning a UEFA cup, back when it was a serious competition and bastard hard to win it.

Modern day equivalent for mbappe would be signing for West Ham or Real Betis and attempting the same. Just wouldnt happen in this day and age.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I think Tchouameni is exactly the player we need next to Camavinga and Fede actually. Camavinga isn't a DM, i don't think that's how we're going to develop him either. He's supposed to take over from Modric, anything else would be kind of wasting his talent

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think Tchouameni is exactly the player we need next to Camavinga and Fede actually. Camavinga isn't a DM, i don't think that's how we're going to develop him either. He's supposed to take over from Modric, anything else would be kind of wasting his talent
And who initiates the play or takes control of the game? Tchouameni?
That combination sounds very intense and energetic but lacks creativity, and I'm sure Camavinga has plenty but I don't know if he can play further forward. These games he stood out for stealing and covering ground in the middle.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Gearing up for another zidane stint? He hasn’t had to get his hands dirty with the rebuild but I bet he’d love to manage the young team they are assembling

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Never going to see eye to eye on this one.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
And who initiates the play or takes control of the game? Tchouameni?
That combination sounds very intense and energetic but lacks creativity, and I'm sure Camavinga has plenty but I don't know if he can play further forward. These games he stood out for stealing and covering ground in the middle.
Tchouameni and Camavinga. For me, his passing always stands out honestly. It was him who found Benzema at the far post for the 1-1 against City, and before that he had an awesome ball over the top to set him up 1 on 1 with ederson(benz was just offside). He's always making the right passes, moving the ball quickly and getting it where it needs to go, and his passes are always perfectly weighted

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
This signing should be the start of a new dynasty for Real, though Ronaldo had a much better supporting cast. From the upcoming generation they have only Camavinga, Vinicius and Courtoius are of a similar calibre to the previous.
You forgot Militao (Brazil International played 5 out of 7 Copa 2021 games, conceded 2nd lowest goals in the league), Alaba (conceded 2nd lowest goals in the league), Valverde (been fantastic a lot longer than Vinicius) and Rodrygo (who has it in him to step up like Vinicius next season) and Mendy (defensively sound, improving in attack).

Once the old guard leaves/can't play as much:
----------------------Courtois
Right Back ---- Militao ---- Alaba ---- Mendy
--------- Valverde --- Camavinga ---- Deep Lying playmaker
-------- Rodrygo ---- Mbappe ----- Vinicius

So basically we need to find the best young RB and DLP within the next 2 seasons (excluding any back-ups).

They can't sign the best players from the PL any more so in one sense it'll be harder for them to get a Modric or a Bale.
When our new stadium is complete in 2024, we can expect an annual net extra cash flow (after annual payments of €30m) of anywhere between €30-150m depending on where you read. That will benefit us.

Its true we can't compete with Big Oil, but neither can Barca/United/Juve/etc. The advantage we have is that any great player that's done playing for an English Oil Club, will rarely join a team in the same league. What are the alternatives? Madrid are more attractive than Barca (finances ... for now), Bayern (league prestige), PSG (league prestige) and Italy (finances, league prestige). Madrid are literally the best choice outside of England's Big Oil. I don't mind free signings at their peak like Rudiger or entering their peak like Mbappe.

Last edited:

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Shall we guess what his weekly wage will be? I’m guessing £1 gazillion pw.

JPRouve

Scout
Less than PSG were going to pay him I reckon as Madrid can offers more in sporting achievement than them
Both rumoured offers are in the same ballpark, the main difference being that one includes image rights(PSG) and the other doesn't.(Real Madrid).

L1nk

Both rumoured offers are in the same ballpark, the main difference being that one includes image rights(PSG) and the other doesn't.(Real Madrid).
I'm surprised then because aren't Real in just as much financial shit as Barca?

Rolaholic

They never were, they just signed a massive deal to rent out their stadium for big non-sporting events and concerts worth 500m a year recently too so they're in as strong a position financially as any of the non oil-clubs.

Not to mention all the money they tend to make from sales. They can afford to splurge big right now after a few years of very sensible spending.

However people may feel about Perez, he's been one of the best club presidents in terms of never allowing the club to fall off.

JPRouve

Scout
No, they are as wealthy as any non oil club could be. The only thing that limited their spendings in the last years was their recent investments in their training complex and stadium and it wasn't really a strong limit either.

croadyman

Please keep him away from scousers

Utd7

So annoying how they always land on their feet. This time 3 years ago they’d had one of the worst seasons in their recent history, 68 points in the league and being sent packing in the CL by Ajax, after losing a striker who scored 50 goals a season for them. It’s only been 3 years and they’re chock full of top players, talented prospects and are about to sign the best footballer in the world for the next decade.
Because their supporters and official socios have high standards. And hold the club's decision makers (Perez and the board) to those standards. They don't tolerate mediocrity in Madrid.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Shall we guess what his weekly wage will be? I’m guessing £1 gazillion pw.
Apparently €30 million nett per year. Signing fee will be around €120 million and he gets between 75 and 80% of image rights.

5 year contract.

I don't want to imagine what PSG were offering him.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It’s nice that Klopp came out to clarify that they can’t afford him after the rumour that I made up seems to have done the rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.