Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinostar77

The money must be extraordinary. Probably the highest paid player ever if he stays.
Money is irrelevant to qatar though isnt it as is ffp. Besides it would have probably cost them alot to sign a 29yr old Mo Salah from liverpool to replace Mbappe. The most obvious choice for PSG seeing as Salah is the biggest football star in middle east.

slored1

What is with the French players and their ridiculous contract sagas. Pogba, Griezmann, Mbappe, who else did I miss? All prologing the decision for no reason but to create drama.

RoyH1

Imagine the money involved. If he ends up staying, it will be the final statement on how the state owned mineral wealth clubs have truly taken over football at it's top level.

Brophs

The One and Only
Mbappe shafting Madrid with the ol’ switcharoo would be very funny tbf.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
What is with the French players and their ridiculous contract sagas. Pogba, Griezmann, Mbappe, who else did I miss? All prologing the decision for no reason but to create drama.
Rabiot

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Maybe it means Real will want Martial as a replacement (yes this is the most straw clutching post I’ve made).

Someone

Something
While I don't care for Madrid, I think he's making a terrible choice career wise, but the money will make up for it. Really think it's a bad deal for PSG, they didn't need to bend backwards to keep him, and they could achieve more by signing hungry hard working players who want to be there. In few years time both Mbappe and Psg will look back on this deal with regret.

Irrational.

Way to ruin your career. I bet it‘ll be a stupidly long contract like 8 years as well.

Wonder what coercion tactics were used by the Qatari government.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Normally that would be great but you just know they will replace him with Pele Jr somehow.
Salah was an amazing piece of luck but they coach players well. I think they'd be more likely to find another Mane, a really good player made even better but not quite a 40 goals a season player.

diarm

Imagine what guys like Messi, Neymar, Ramos and Marquinos are thinking - having some 23 year old having that power over the team they play for?

What a farce of a club.

Rake

Dear Lord... Some of the details coming out, if true, are mind boggling... Will be interesting if he sings a long term deal or just 2 year one with some release clause. He could still leave in his prime at 25-26 years old and make a career somewhere else.

Wonder if Real will still want to sign him after all this, if he becomes available.

redshaw

Could be a substantial short term deal while this World Cup goes through.

All this "losing face" if he leaves though I don't think is outweighed by the sheer desperation of the ownership and throwing obscene money at him and what PSG is.

mikeyt

If he stays he's basically taking the money over winning the big trophies at club level. It's not as if he wouldn't have earned tens of millions at Madrid. The creative accounting department at PSG will deserve some serious pay rises if they can add this ridiculous salary to their current wage bill and still meet the joke that is FFP.

Canagel

No way did Real and their supporters spend 3 years twerking for him and giving him standing ovations in the stadium for him to reject them :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Presumably that leave Madrid looking to make some other signficant singings instead? Wonder who they'll target.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Mbappe is a very good player, but is he really worth this amount of fuss?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
No way did Real and their supporters spend 3 years twerking for him and giving him standing ovations in the stadium for him to reject them :lol:
To be fair Barca and Madrid have become ex-Playboy bunnies turned into two bit street hookers addicted to crack. Of course they will twerk to get their next hit. :)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sorta nice seeing Madrid get stuffed for their 2 main targets for once.

They've been doing photo shops and line ups of Haaland / Mbappe in their team for the last 2 years. Now they've got neither :lol:

There is always Pogba :D

elnorte

Freaky fly day
When grandad used to tell me as a child that money would ruin football, I don't think this was quite what he envisaged.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
You know we won that game against PSG and sent his ass back to Paris, right?

LARulz

Whilst it's funny that Madrid got 'snubbed' - it's really not their fault. They would have done everything possible to sign him but money, an absolutely insane amount of money, speaks. It's not like they were haggling over £5k a week, this is millions and millions

Also it's for 2 years supposedly, so he either gets even more money or goes to Madrid still in his peak

Hawks2008

PSG were never going to let him go, losing the crown jewell of the club and country is bad for image which is all they care about.

It's especially pathetic if they gave him powers mentioned in the thread earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.