Kylian Mbappe | PSG

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I hope once he is scoring against La Liga teams weekly rather than only each and every time he meets them in the CL, we'll stop having posts wondering if he somehow regressed these last two years. The guy has more G+A than games played in the competition.
You watch him regularly in L1?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I just read that article and it still doesn't quite say how they clocked that estimated speed. I assume it's from the match last night and they took something over a 30-40 meter sprint (his second goal perhaps?) and extrapolated that to a 100m sprint which is quite flawed in itself? Alas, i'm just curious as to how they compared the 2. One thing's for sure though, Mbappe's pace is phenomenal. I think it was during the WC where he outgassed Kyle Walker as well, iirc.

edit: great performance again last night. Someone mentioned it in here, he's probably only really motivated for international tournaments and the UCL these days.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
At least Enrique has some kind of authority (unlike Galtier). While I do agree we need a better manager, I'll take Enrique for a couple of years to break stubborn players a bit before someone with a more modern approach of the game takes over. Then we'll see who's on the market.
Personally I honestly believe y'all are going to sign Pedri from Barcelona in the next two seasons. Enrique loves him, Pedri likes him too and Barca need the money bad.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I have no idea how they reach that conclusion. His top speed on the park is 36.1km/h. Somebody running a 10.9 for the 100m will hit a top speed of around 38km/h. Usain hit a top speed of 44km/h. Obviously very hard to flow through how fast Mbappe would on a track with the advantage of blocks and spikes compared to the grass.

RoyH1

Amazing talent. Had he been in another league he'd have won a Balon d'Or already. How I wish we had the staff, organisation and project to be appealing to him right now. He'd be a quantum level superstar with us.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The narrative "he has stagnated" is some of the worst wishful thinking around.
It really is a strange one when you consider the fact that he widened his range. He is better with his weaker foot, better away from the goal and in tight spaces and he can comfortable operate as a second or third playmaker. In a strange way, he included the things that he was doing at youth level when he was more of a wide playmaker.

Thinking about it Mbappé's development is a strange one, as a youth player he was closer to Sancho in terms of style but out of necessity Jardim had to use him as the main striker early when he was introduced to the team , his actually first roles where as LM/RM in a strict 442/4222. It was a surprise that he managed to immediately be a top player in a "new" role as a old school second striker, though Monaco also moved him to that role at youth level which probably helped(he was playing for the u18-u19 and the senior team when he was 16-17).

I think that Real Madrid will be very happy with him.

RoyH1

It really is a strange one when you consider the fact that he widened his range. He is better with his weaker foot, better away from the goal and in tight spaces and he can comfortable operate as a second or third playmaker. In a strange way, he included the things that he was doing at youth level when he was more of a wide playmaker.

Thinking about it Mbappé's development is a strange one, as a youth player he was closer to Sancho in terms of style but out of necessity Jardim had to use him as the main striker early when he was introduced to the team , his actually first roles where as LM/RM in a strict 442/4222. It was a surprise that he managed to immediately be a top player in a "new" role as a old school second striker, though Monaco also moved him to that role at youth level which probably helped(he was playing for the u18-u19 and the senior team when he was 16-17).

Only if they get him. I won't be convinced until that 'comunicado oficial' is out. Still think the PSG ownership has some cards left to play.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
The narrative "he has stagnated" is some of the worst wishful thinking around.

Considering it's coming mainly - from what I'm hearing through mates - from PSG fans who actually watch him week in week out, unlike I'm pretty sure most people on here, I don't think it's particularly strange. I only find it interesting because people will necessarily rank him in top 3-5 players in the world without watching more than maybe 10% of his games, but it's absolutely true that when he's on it, he's a frightening proposition. And I think it's likely being at Real could ignite his competitive streak much moreso than being at PSG.

Malkovich

So is it a done deal he goes to Madrid? Too lazy to read all the stories

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

no doubt. I personally can't wait to see his partnership with Vini Jr. as a twin striker pair. Even with Endrick