Kylian Mbappe | PSG

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Mbappe tore it up in the Champions League as well including scoring against the best defence in the world, so the Memphis tearing up the Dutch league reasoning doesn't quite wash.

I really doubt Memphis would look a world beater at PSG.
Obviously Mbappe is a brighter talent, I was stating that having Neymar, and Di Maria etc assisting you is going to help make you look a lot better.

He didn't tear it up in the Champions League, he played good though. The big teams he scored against is impressive but people stating he tore them up is an overstatement. He scored a tap in against City, a tap in which bobbled off his thigh against Dortmund and was lucky to go in. Got himself into a one on one situation and scored his second against Dortmund due to a misplaced pass to the last defender. He also scored a tap in from 3 yards out against Juventus.

He is an exceptional talent but he is far from the finished article and is being over hyped.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
As much talent as Mbappe has, I do think he's been grossly overhyped. People comparing him to both Ronaldos is a bit much at the moment. Ronaldo9 didn't really have a long enough career and CR7 has more than just talent to make him who he became. Coaching also plays a large part too in a young player's development also.

It's highly likely he's already hit his prime and will only maintain it for a short time, but then of course I could be wrong and he goes on to become a top striker. Nevertheless, comparing him to some phenomenal talents is way too premature. Let's not forget Gomis and Balotelli amongst other average strikers scored as many or more goals than he did in France last season.
After Pele, Ronaldo, Henry, Pato, Dempay >> now we have the Gomis/Balotelli benchmark :lol:

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Mbappe tore it up in the Champions League as well including scoring against the best defence in the world, so the Memphis tearing up the Dutch league reasoning doesn't quite wash.

I really doubt Memphis would look a world beater at PSG.
For sure Memphis would look like a proper world beater at PSG...

Since he would play with the reserves in 4th division every week.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Pato & Mbappe are very different in terms of physical impact. Not the same weight if you prefer !
yes i was conflating "later" Pato after he turned into the incredible hulk with his 18 year old version, who was strong for his frame but not particularly strong overall

btw Pato was ruined by Milan Lab. At 18 he was probably the closest thing to Ronaldo physically. Hyperkinetic and Hyperexplosive. He moved in ways and with so much explosive force that it put a lot of strain on his muscles, and they couldn't keep up with the increased mass.

Mbappé isn't as quick and explosive as Pato was(perhaps faster in terms of top speed, but for acceleration and lateral speed, Pato was on another level). Mbappé looks like he still hasn't finished his physical growth, so we'll have to see what happens there, but i don't think he'll have Pato's problems as he's naturally bulkier

Ronaldo was even more hyperkinetic and explosive than Pato, but also had a similar frame and natural strength as Mbappé. His main problem(and the reason for the injuries) was the overdeveloped quadriceps

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Let's not forget Gomis and Balotelli amongst other average strikers scored as many or more goals than he did in France last season.
Mbappe played considerably fewer minutes than both.

Mbappe - 15 goals + 11 assists in 1499' - 58' per goal/assist, 100' per goal
Gomis - 20 goals + 3 assists in 2606' - 113' per goal/assist, 130' per goal
Balotelli - 15 goals + 1 assist in 1746' - 109' per goal/assist, 116' per goal

and with the comparisons to Memphis...

Memphis 2014/15 - 22 goals + 6 assists in 2565' - 92' per goal/assist, 117' per goal

His contribution beat them all comfortably.

Steven7290

Would love to hate on the kid for obvious reasons but he's so special everytime I watch him it makes it impossible. An air of arrogance yet very innocent, delicate yet powerful in the way he plays, a cross between Ronaldo and Henry

Mbappé message to Monaco supporters and club

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Lazy translation of this

Message for supporters:
"I just wanted to thank you for all the love you gave me during our time together. I have never been shown such affection, support, and strength. I know that some of you do not understand my choice and that a feeling of anger is born in you, I understand. I also understand some whistles during our last (game), because false information circulated throughout the Mbappé soap opera. I have not changed, my entourage has not changed, our values remain the same: humility, simplicity and respect. But one thing is certain: you may be angry, hate me or even whistle me but you will never stop me from loving you because the truth is there - I love you. Daghe Munegu (Go Monaco). "

Message to the club:
"If I am here, it is thanks to you. You, my teammates who every day have forced me to be performing and bring me closer to your great talent. Thank you. Thanks to the staff who made me progress and achieve some of my goals. Thank you Vadim, a very great president but an even bigger man. Sport measures human value in millimeters and hundredths of a second. President, thank you for listening and supporting me during my professional career (and even before). You always believed in me, encouraged and helped. Without you the ASM would not be what it is today, a great club. "

https://twitter.com/KMbappe/status/904711015149031425/photo/1

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Lazy translation of this

Message for supporters:
"I just wanted to thank you for all the love you gave me during our time together. I have never been shown such affection, support, and strength. I know that some of you do not understand my choice and that a feeling of anger is born in you, I understand. I also understand some whistles during our last (game), because false information circulated throughout the Mbappé soap opera. I have not changed, my entourage has not changed, our values remain the same: humility, simplicity and respect. But one thing is certain: you may be angry, hate me or even whistle me but you will never stop me from loving you because the truth is there - I love you. Daghe Munegu (Go Monaco). "

Message to the club:
"If I am here, it is thanks to you. You, my teammates who every day have forced me to be performing and bring me closer to your great talent. Thank you. Thanks to the staff who made me progress and achieve some of my goals. Thank you Vadim, a very great president but an even bigger man. Sport measures human value in millimeters and hundredths of a second. President, thank you for listening and supporting me during my professional career (and even before). You always believed in me, encouraged and helped. Without you the ASM would not be what it is today, a great club. "
Sorry but that response was too perfect.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Sorry but that response was too perfect.

That response only shows that some Monaco fans weren't interested in what he had to say and are eager to express unwarranted disrespect towards the player on social media, not very classy.

The irony is that Mbappé's message is the perfect answer to the hate that follows it. One step ahead. Or two.

That response only shows that some Monaco fans weren't interested in what he had to say and are eager to express unwarranted disrespect towards the player on social media, not very classy.

The irony is that Mbappé's message is the perfect answer to the hate that follows it. One step ahead. Or two.
Jesus, are you fecking joking? Mbappe's message was very classy, but do you really think Monaco fans have no right to be angry at all after what's happened? They played beautiful football last season to triumph in the league over a team that spent far more money than them (yes I know Monaco have had funding in the past but it's hardly PSG levels) and performed fantastically in Europe with a young, talented team that THEY developed. This summer they've immediately seen most of their team gutted by 'bigger clubs' and their brightest young talent who came through their youth system leave to their divisional rivals after half a season of good form. Can you wrap your head around why that might make them angry? As classy as Mbappe's message is I'd probably be pissed too, who cares if they vent or have some banter on twitter? No need to get all sanctimonious as if Mbappe's being very brave standing up to hate on social media. PSG's team is an absolute joy to watch at the moment, but jesus fecking christ it's hard to like some of your fans

You'll probably say something like, "yeah I'm sure all 10 of their fans will be upset. I don't give a feck

Last edited:

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Jesus, are you fecking joking? Mbappe's message was very classy, but do you really think Monaco fans have no right to be angry at all after what's happened? They played beautiful football last season to triumph in the league over a team that spent far more money than them (yes I know Monaco have had funding in the past but it's hardly PSG levels) and performed fantastically in Europe with a young, talented team that THEY developed. This summer they've immediately seen most of their team gutted by 'bigger clubs' and their brightest young talent who came through their youth system leave to their divisional rivals after half a season of good form. Can you wrap your head around why that might make them angry? As classy as Mbappe's message is I'd probably be pissed too, who cares if they vent or have some banter on twitter? No need to get all sanctimonious as if Mbappe's being very brave standing up to hate on social media. PSG's team is an absolute joy to watch at the moment, but jesus fecking christ it's hard to like some of your fans

You'll probably say something like, "yeah I'm sure all 10 of their fans will be upset. I don't give a feck
Don't blame them, Parisiens (and wannabe-Parisiens) are all the same.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Jesus, are you fecking joking? Mbappe's message was very classy, but do you really think Monaco fans have no right to be angry at all after what's happened? They played beautiful football last season to triumph in the league over a team that spent far more money than them (yes I know Monaco have had funding in the past but it's hardly PSG levels) and performed fantastically in Europe with a young, talented team that THEY developed. This summer they've immediately seen most of their team gutted by 'bigger clubs' and their brightest young talent who came through their youth system leave to their divisional rivals after half a season of good form. Can you wrap your head around why that might make them angry? As classy as Mbappe's message is I'd probably be pissed too, who cares if they vent on twitter? No need to get all sanctimonious as if Mbappe's being very brave standing up to hate on social media. PSG's team is an absolute joy to watch at the moment, but jesus fecking christ it's hard to like some of your fans
I don't know what you are on @ValenciasDrilledCrosses, you may not like my comments and even roast me in a long ass rant but I still love you! ;)

Now I don't care how or why anyone feels pissed or angry, that doesn't grant them the right to direct abuse at innocent people (Mbappé never said anything wrong or acted in any disrespectful manner towards Monaco), and being on social media doesn't turn insults, thinly veiled or not, into acceptable étiquette. It's not only club chauvinism, I hate it even more when some of our fans abuse our own players like Lucas on social media.

AR87

I don't know what you are on @ValenciasDrilledCrosses, you may not like my comments and even roast me in a long ass rant but I still love you! ;)

Now I don't care how or why anyone feels pissed or angry, that doesn't grant them the right to direct abuse at innocent people (Mbappé never said anything wrong or acted in any disrespectful manner towards Monaco), and being on social media doesn't turn insults, thinly veiled or not, into acceptable étiquette. It's not only club chauvinism, I hate it even more when some of our fans abuse our own players like Lucas on social media.
This is a reality of top level professional football with eye watering sums of money involved. If Mbappe is getting that much abuse on social media that sucks and the people going crazy about it need to relax, but my heart doesn't go out to him.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
This is a reality of top level professional football with eye watering sums of money involved. If Mbappe is getting that much abuse on social media that sucks and the people going crazy about it need to relax, but my heart doesn't go out to him.
I don't think he's getting any more abuse than any other player of any other sport leaving their team to join another if they're on social media. Personally, I think it's silly to not expect some hate from that move, especially given how Monaco has been gutted of their top players (good thing they managed to hang on to Lemar, shows where Arsenal is at these days).

At the end of the day, Kylian is from Paris and if they somehow manage to capture a CL title in the capital, it would be worth three CLs with Real Madrid in French football fans' eyes. I think the kid is smart enough to realize he has plenty of time, he's only 18, he can stay until the age of 22 at least and develop, win, and eventually make a move abroad at that point. Say what you will about how PSG has gone about this, it's at least refreshing that some French talent is not bolting for the next league at the first chance and we have a real gem who will stay put for at least a few years in his home city and try to win Europe's biggest prize. I'm hooked and can't wait to see how this plays out.

Schneckerl

18 year old scores about 0.9 goal/90 min in the French league winning the title. "It's just the French league."
Has a similar ratio in the CL while reaching the semi final. "Well it's easy playing for that system and he got lucky. Goals were just tap in"

Amazing what kind of mental gymastic people are capable of.

I bet playing for a shite team the criticism would be: "Let's see how he would do on the big stage first. Might crubble under all that pressure."

Assessment for the 17/18 season is ready too no matter what happens. "Neymar and Di Maria assist will make anyone look better".

Last edited:

JPRouve

Scout

Don't go all super hero on me, the one tweet I posted had a "flutist" in it and it's exactly what he is doing. Going around telling people that he loves a club that he just left, he forced a move from Monaco to join a club that is going to play in the same competitions and isn't far better at the moment.

He is doing some good PR but some people won't lap it up, he is free to leave Monaco and the fans are free to not like it.

Moonred

Flowery crap. I doubt any Monaco fan will suddenly 'understand' his pov due to some forced PR. Words are easy, he left and justifiably so in my opinion and should just leave it at that saying thank you.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
why did monaco let him go on loan instead of getting money now? weird...

JPRouve

Scout
Because they wouldn't get money now due to FFP, they don't need or want the money now due to FFP and the player would be in the last year of his contract next summer so no 180m for Monaco.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
https://en.psg.fr/pro/article/club-statement
On 31st August, the Club’s general management again had exchanges with UEFA Financial Fair Play management to provide a more detailed account of how the transaction with AS Monaco would be integrated into the Club’s accounts for this season, in terms of amortization and payroll, in compliance with French accounting standards and IFRS.
From this paragraph I'd say the loan deal won't be used as a tool to dodge FFP, but who knows.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Because they wouldn't get money now due to FFP, they don't need or want the money now due to FFP and the player would be in the last year of his contract next summer so no 180m for Monaco.
surely FFP only applies to those doing the buying, not the selling? it's monaco's case I don't understand

JPRouve

Scout
surely FFP only applies to those doing the buying, not the selling? it's monaco's case I don't understand
No, it doesn't only apply to the buyer. Monaco need to respect FFP themselves and they rely on players sales to do that, since they don't have a significant fan base or sponsors pool.

The FFP takes into account the last three years, so it's best for Monaco to have +100m in 2017, +180m in 2018, something in 2018 and 2020 than having +280m in 2017 and something in 2018, 2019 and 2020. For Monaco it's best to have the money moved to next year, because that's one more year where they are on top of their FFP balance.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Because PSG couldn't sign him straight away without breaching FFP

Look it's all very simple:
-Monaco aren't a rich club. Excluding player sales their revenue is probably inferior to the lowest PL club
-FFP counts for them too. If they don't sell players for massive profit, there's little money to spend. They had to go through the whole FFP friendly agreement because of the money they spent in 13/14
-Mbappé had 1 year left on his contract and refused Monaco's offer to renew
-Mbappé accepted PSG's offer and refused real madrid's, city's, and every other club, apparently barcelona included
-PSG were willing to pay €180m for him
-PSG could only do the deal in this way

Monaco's options were either accept PSG's offer and make €180m, or refuse and sell next year for..what, €60-80m, tops?

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher

Always show those who turns to aggressiveness, love.

Don't go all super hero on me, the one tweet I posted had a "flutist" in it and it's exactly what he is doing. Going around telling people that he loves a club that he just left, he forced a move from Monaco to join a club that is going to play in the same competitions and isn't far better at the moment.

He is doing some good PR but some people won't lap it up, he is free to leave Monaco and the fans are free to not like it.
Exactly

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Because PSG couldn't sign him straight away without breaching FFP

Look it's all very simple:
-Monaco aren't a rich club. Excluding player sales their revenue is probably inferior to the lowest PL club
-FFP counts for them too. If they don't sell players for massive profit, there's little money to spend. They had to go through the whole FFP friendly agreement because of the money they spent in 13/14
-Mbappé had 1 year left on his contract and refused Monaco's offer to renew
-Mbappé accepted PSG's offer and refused real madrid's, city's, and every other club, apparently barcelona included
-PSG were willing to pay €180m for him
-PSG could only do the deal in this way

Monaco's options were either accept PSG's offer and make €180m, or refuse and sell next year for..what, €60-80m, tops?
Also Monaco will also benifit from this if I'm not wrong. They have sold enough players already this season and the money they receive from Mbappe will be accounted for next years accounts. So they won't be under any threat from FFP (considering they were before).

RooneyLegend

Heh, look it up if you want, can't be bothered myself. I've heard that said multiple times by various people
Like who? nothing on google so that might be a struggle. Honestly, i can't Carlos could go through his career without such injuries if they were caused by overdeveloped quads.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Of course it does. What that's saying is it's all legal and in the open and the relevant rules and laws will be applied and respected

Otherwise why even do it?
Firstly it benefits Monaco so they could be the ones asking for it and secondly it could allow PSG to sign Mbappé for 6 years instead of the maximum allowed of 5 in France (and spread the costs over 6 years instead of 5).

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Like who? nothing on google so that might be a struggle. Honestly, i can't Carlos could go through his career without such injuries if they were caused by overdeveloped quads.
Ronaldo was chronically injured in fact. He'd already had surgery on his knee before he signed for barcelona iirc

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Flowery crap. I doubt any Monaco fan will suddenly 'understand' his pov due to some forced PR. Words are easy, he left and justifiably so in my opinion and should just leave it at that saying thank you.
Pretty much this.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
It's a classy message, and he's taken the time to address points of contention, it's visible he cares about his relationship with them and his public perception. Don't understand the forced PR shite, it's easy to spot when something is written in a fashion that is designed to placate fans. This isn't it. It's great for French football that he's staying in Paris, however dubious the means of his player rights were acquired.