Kylian Mbappe | PSG

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Players, coaches are rated, assessed and criticized. Why wouldn't it be possible for referees?

The reality is the great games are allocated to the best referees so, in a certain sense, a poor referee is generally punished sooner or later

In theory, freedom of speech should be part of the game. In practice, it happens some referees are sometimes threatened by fans so I would recommend a formal procedure to express grievances.

It's the job of a coach/manager to exert pressure on the arbitral body.

I prefer to listen to a player like M'bappé rather than a player saying the usual platitudes.

That said, PSG suffers more from than a complacent coach than refereeing.

Last edited:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Saying refs should be punished is laughable. Perhaps players can help refs perform better by stopping the constant flopping about and playacting and whining. No other pro sport where both teams are constantly trying to cheat and influence the officials.
They do make it next to impossible for officials indeed.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
9 goals in 6 games in the league. Playing on the wing. At 18 years old.

It's mental when you stop and think about it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

2 goals in 6 league games this season. 2 goals and 3 assists in 6 games. Also wing means not as traditional winger, they play as wide forwards.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

It's also completely false unless you're being sarcastic.

KM

That happens any pricey player though, it's the jealous nature of football. Like I said I haven't seen him/PSG play this year but at the start of the season I'd have swapped 10 Rashfords for him. The fact that they were mentioned in the same breath was hilarious.
Has more goals and assists in less minutes in the league this season inspite of playing in an inferior team and superior league.

Mbappe is obviously better, but stop acting as if it's blashemy to compare the two. Also the fact that you haven't watched him play at all this season makes the statement more hilarious.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
His brother has a very ''Nigerian'' name, I think he has roots in Nigeria but his dad is indeed from Cameroon.
Ethan? That's also a pretty common name in France among younger generation like Kylian.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
You'd think a home game against Anderlecht would be the ideal game to play him in to try and find a bit of form and confidence rather than bench him.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Probably just the run of the mill sophomore jinx. Just look at what happened to Martial, Rashford, and Januzaj in the year immediately following their breakout year. Its just a part of the development process. In the interim, it may be a good idea to avoid portraying him as if he's the 2nd coming of R9.

Probably just the run of the mill sophomore jinx. Just look at what happened to Martial, Rashford, and Januzaj in the year immediately following their breakout year. Its just a part of the development process. In the interim, it may be a good idea to avoid portraying him as if he's the 2nd coming of R9.
I still think it's too early to say whether this is a dip in form or last season was a purple patch. He's looked all along like a goal every 2 games kind of player to me. That's still good but people have gotten carried away.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Aye, great talent that he is, I doubt I've ever seen the hype go as OTT as I have with Mbappe these past few months.

Treble

What happens if Mbappe has an underwhelming season? Have PSG to sign him next summer no matter what?

KM

What happens if Mbappe has an underwhelming season? Have PSG to sign him next summer no matter what?
Yes they've to sign him unless PSG are relegated this season. Not really an option.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Lol the title.

He played 14 games this season and just needs rest.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Marketing hard to build up a one team league and the owners want it compared to other historical revelries
That's not what I meant. In France this fixture is refered as "Le classico", basically a shit copy of the Spanish name. I don't get it why English medias translate into "Le classique". If anything they're being more sensible than French media by using a French word