Kylian Mbappe | PSG

He doesn't seem to have progressed much since the World Cup. He cant really in that league. He surely must see the difference when he plays in these European games, he needs to get out in the next year or two if he wants to make his mark on the game.

He doesn't seem to have progressed much since the World Cup. He cant really in that league. He surely must see the difference when he plays in these European games, he needs to get out in the next year or two if he wants to make his mark on the game.
Has to leave asap, even with his talent he could stagnate there.

Will take one hell of an offer though, do Madrid even have that kind of cash?

Has to leave asap, even with his talent he could stagnate there.

Will take one hell of an offer though, do Madrid even have that kind of cash?
I'm sure they'll get some dodgy council loan or something if it means bringing Mbappe in. They always find a way to fund a new galactico era and they'll probably have Pogba in the summer too.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Not really true. He scored Vs us last season and people still say he was underwhelming in that tie, missing some great opportunities to kill the game.
No doubt when I read the original post and someone said “he’s had a good European game against us” - first thing that came to mind was his wastefulness that cost them the tie (among some brain farts by psg). But that wasn’t really my point though. Influencing a tough European away game with a decisive moment as an attacker is really important. And can/should be considered a big moment/influence.

I do agree however, he has his moments, but from the little I watch him, he’s not had many “performances” on the big champions league nights.

mirdo

Why would he want to leave? He is winning league every year. Won World Cup already. Playing home. He has got everything. Its like saying in 97' that Scholes or Giggs should leave United because they are winning only domestic cups. His time with PSG will come.

Why would he want to leave? He is winning league every year. Won World Cup already. Playing home. He has got everything. Its like saying in 97' that Scholes or Giggs should leave United because they are winning only domestic cups. His time with PSG will come.
He can go to San Marino and win the league there too, but it wont mean anything. Just like in the grand scheme of things his Ligue 1 titles don't mean anything - outside of the top 2 or 3 teams most in France would genuinely struggle to stay in the PL. If he wants a legacy to match his talent, and his ego suggests he does, he needs to go and perform in a major league.

cyberman

Because hes not being challenged, at least those players erre challenged in England and Europe every year. PSG play fodder every year and go put to the first test they face in the CL.
How can he get better?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Pretty clear he shouldn't really be in France anymore. No disrespect to PSG as they're a quality team, but their competition in Ligue 1 is minimal and it leads to players stagnating. He should be moving to La Liga or Premier League to really test himself.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
One mark of a great player is how scary he is when he plays badly and Mbappe is scary even in bad form. Somewhat besides the point but does anyone else have a sort of irrational dislike of the guy? I've always thought that he comes across as a bit of an arrogant prick.
He's extremely self-confident and he is also extremely competitive, which makes him a difficult character to deal with sometimes.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Pretty clear he shouldn't really be in France anymore. No disrespect to PSG as they're a quality team, but their competition in Ligue 1 is minimal and it leads to players stagnating. He should be moving to La Liga or Premier League to really test himself.
Why would a french player leave his home country when he can be there playing at a top club and receiving top wages? Not every player dreams playing at EPL.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Why would a french player leave his home country when he can be there playing at a top club and receiving top wages? Not every player dreams playing at EPL.
He dreams of playing for Real Madrid. And his biggest aspiration is to become the best player in the world, which is pretty much impossible to do in France.

People seriously complaining about his choice to go to PSG and his apparent lack of progress, when he's scoring a goal per game even before we begin to count his assists at the age of 21 are a bit ridiculous though. He also has 5 goals and 4 assists in 6 CL games, including an absolutely brilliant assists in the game against Dortmund.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The very best players push themselves to go as far as they can go. I'm pretty sure watching PSG get knocked out of the Champions League early every season isn't matching his ambition and if he's happy at PSG it goes to show that he'll probably never end up being in the very top bracket. I won't go as far and say Ligue 1 is a farmers league like most on the Caf do, but it's a weak league in comparison to the others. Perhaps he's happy scoring goals against lesser opposition and if thats the case it says it all really.

But I hope he moves on fairly quickly as he has another gear or two in him yet.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He's extremely self-confident and he is also extremely competitive, which makes him a difficult character to deal with sometimes.
Yeah. I think that I compared him to Ronaldo, if he plays for your team you will love him but if he doesn't you really should hate him. We are talking about a guy who counts his goals in training and complains about refereeing in practice games. He also refuses to not play or be subbed.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Scored a hat trick against Lyon, the second is sexy.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Wonder how long he'll be out. Big blow to their CL aspirations.
From what was said, most likely at least two weeks. Just in time for the Atalanta game but really depends on the recovery.

cyberman

From what was said, most likely at least two weeks. Just in time for the Atalanta game but really depends on the recovery.
He'll be out. No way he can go 4 months without football, pick up an injury and be ok 2 weeks from now.
I can see PSG lose and get unnecessarily shit on

FujiVice

The defenders tried to give him the old Jose Reyes, and ended up injuring him. Wreckless challenge.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
everything coming up Atalanta
This actually made me chuckle. That said, I have been saying for the past few weeks that I actually think Atalanta may win it. They have a good draw and in one off games they are pretty dangerous and they also essentially have nothing to lose.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
This actually made me chuckle. That said, I have been saying for the past few weeks that I actually think Atalanta may win it. They have a good draw and in one off games they are pretty dangerous and they also essentially have nothing to lose.
Assuming we don't do another Munich miracle I'll actually be rooting for them, would be amazing for the Bergamo region after what they went through.

arthurka

Assuming we don't do another Munich miracle I'll actually be rooting for them, would be amazing for the Bergamo region after what they went through.
Anyone who likes football one bit is rooting for Atalanta.. PSG can go and .....

Mr. Ant

What’s the injury? It didn’t seem that bad from the video...
It looks like a rolled ankle, at least that's what I think it is after looking at the video.

It wasn't such a horrible challenge imo, defender nearly got the ball and it was just an accident that he got Mbappe's ankle instead.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
He'll be out. No way he can go 4 months without football, pick up an injury and be ok 2 weeks from now.
I can see PSG lose and get unnecessarily shit on
Wouldn't that just depend on how serious the injury is? I don't see how not playing football for 4 months makes a difference to his recovery time.

cyberman

Wouldn't that just depend on how serious the injury is? I don't see how not playing football for 4 months makes a difference to his recovery time.
Hes only got a few games under his belt for match fitness. Missing a few weeks before facing a firing Atalanta side on top of that simpy cant work.
Remember how blunt attacks looked for the first few weeks post lockdown? Add an extra couple of months on top of that.
Its totally unfair as a contest.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Hes only got a few games under his belt for match fitness. Missing a few weeks before facing a firing Atalanta side on top of that simpy cant work.
Remember how blunt attacks looked for the first few weeks post lockdown? Add an extra couple of months on top of that.
Ah ok, that makes more sense. I thought you meant his foot wouldn't be ok in two weeks and couldn't quite figure out why him not playing for 4 months would have anything to do with that. :wenger: My bad.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
It's absolutely impossible to determine that. It depends on each injury, player, treatment etc. Mbappé was pretty fit after lockdown, he's 21, nobody can say if it'll work or not. Of course it's not the most likely scenario but still.