Kylian Mbappe | PSG

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
As I said, nobody cares about the league anymore. It's daily routine. Star players want to a) maximize their chance of winning the CL and b) maximize their pay check. Priorities may differ from individual to individual, some are more ambitious others more "greedy" but these two factors have been the most decisive for more or less any footballer on Mbappe's level in the past. PSG outperforms United in both areas. If he succeeds at PSG, he will not move to United as long as it remains in its current state. The United of the 00 years when you were constantly among the top 3 would be a totally different story.

The PL may be the best league in the world in terms of width but in the last 5-6 years, it is behind at least three leagues in absolute top teams. Madrid, Barca, Bayern, PSG were clearly and Juve arguably better than the most successful English sides and thus more attractive to star players while the Premier Leage is probably favoured amon the tier below that. I believe the PL is developing very well, especially due to the tactical influence of foreign coaches and some clubs could definitely compete with the absolute top dogs in the near future, but still: If you want to win the CL - and that's why players of Mbappe calibre move clubs for - it is not the destination you choose if you have the choice to go to one of the named competitors above. From the generally agreed world beater talents of the past, only Hazard moved to the PL while Neymar, Mbappe, Götze, Dembele, Vinicius Junior etc. preferred other teams.
Way too soon to have Vinicius Junior among the other names. He only started playing regularly for Flamengo a few months ago.

TheReligion

Abusive
As I said, nobody cares about the league anymore. It's daily routine. Star players want to a) maximize their chance of winning the CL and b) maximize their pay check. Priorities may differ from individual to individual, some are more ambitious others more "greedy" but these two factors have been the most decisive for more or less any footballer on Mbappe's level in the past. PSG outperforms United in both areas. If he succeeds at PSG, he will not move to United as long as it remains in its current state. The United of the 00 years when you were constantly among the top 3 would be a totally different story.

The PL may be the best league in the world in terms of width but in the last 5-6 years, it is behind at least three leagues in absolute top teams. Madrid, Barca, Bayern, PSG were clearly and Juve arguably better than the most successful English sides and thus more attractive to star players while the Premier Leage is probably favoured amon the tier below that. I believe the PL is developing very well, especially due to the tactical influence of foreign coaches and some clubs could definitely compete with the absolute top dogs in the near future, but still: If you want to win the CL - and that's why players of Mbappe calibre move clubs for - it is not the destination you choose if you have the choice to go to one of the named competitors above. From the generally agreed world beater talents of the past, only Hazard moved to the PL while Neymar, Mbappe, Götze, Dembele, Vinicius Junior etc. preferred other teams.
Totally disagree. I also find it odd you seem to be saying every player thinks like you which is simply not true. Some players will want to play in England and will want to emulate their idols or clubs they have supported. Some will love the PL and simply want to move to the country for a variety of different reasons. It's very ignorant to suggest otherwise. English clubs on the whole out performed those from any other league when it came to CL representatives last season and that will only improve in my opinion. The PL is already top tier, attracts the best coaches, players and has massive financial power. PSG are big fish in a very small pond. Useful for a decent paycheck but little else when it comes to creating a legacy a la C. Ronaldo.

Rinnegan240

Are people going to call him classless like they did Neymar for rolling on the ground after being touched?

It personally doesn't bother me but I wonder what judgemental Caf think. Or maybe we won't hear much whining about it(as it should) because it's not Neymar.

While I think Mbappé is probably getting cnut 101 lessons under the tutelage of Professor da Silva, reviewing the chain of events that led to Mbappé hitting the ground, we must ask, "Feck is wrong with Rodriguez?", he was the cnut to me in this situation.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Kroos and Pogba are two examples of star players from big clubs leaving for Spain and England
Kroos didn't leave because of prestige. He left because he wasn't being valued at Bayern and didn't get the wages he wanted. Pogba i guess you may have a point, but would Pogba have stayed had Juve given him the wages he is getting at United?

ti vu

Kroos didn't leave because of prestige. He left because he wasn't being valued at Bayern and didn't get the wages he wanted. Pogba i guess you may have a point, but would Pogba have stayed had Juve given him the wages he is getting at United?
It can come in circle. Pogba wouldn't intially leave had SAF valued him as high as he thought he deserved

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Neither Mbappe nor Neymar will be going anywhere.

Hazard is the obvious choice. He looks like he wants and needs a new challenge.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
If there was any doubt remaining that this guy is the absolute heir to the throne, it’s been dispelled in my eyes

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Looks like the real stuff. Fun character by the looks of it too, what's there not to like?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Taking the piss in a world cup semi final. So fecking good. With excellent decision making and end product too.

RedRazor

on the radio
The kids a real rocket. Fast, powerful and explosive with a really beautiful touch. So much composure for a nineteen year old. Creates so much for his team. He's giving this Belgium squad nightmares.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Too good to be a 19 year old, even if he doesn't improve he will be great player.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He'll be the undisputed best player in the world within 2 years.

marktan

Great physical attributes and technical skill but his intelligence is right up there. He has it all really and not even hit 20 yet.

Do worry though that PSG might not be the best place for him, a stronger league would be more ideal imo.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Great physical attributes and technical skill but his intelligence is right up there. He has it all really and not even hit 20 yet.

Do worry though that PSG might not be the best place for him, a stronger league would be more ideal imo.

No kidding. He could do with a move to Spain or England.

mystarrocks

Taking the piss in a world cup semi final. So fecking good. With excellent decision making and end product too.
Not finding fault or anything, the kid is great. But he under hit the pass to Tolisso which could have been a through on goal and i lost my fantasy points for his gonna be assist.[ wanted to vent out my anger somewhere]

Treble

Brilliant. Think he has created more chances for France than R9 did for Brazil in 1998. Imo, their performances are comparable, even though Mbappe is less of a goal threat (due to his position). If he wins it for France in the final, Ballon d'Or will be a real possibility.

Bearded One

I love this boy! Now that Madrid will likely try for Hazard, Neymar or him, we had better do everything possible to sign him up if we can.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I don't like some of his antics lately, he doesn't need it at all. But his talent is undeniable.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Brilliant. Think he has created more chances for France than R9 did for Brazil in 1998. Imo, their performances are comparable, even though Mbappe is less of a goal threat (due to his position). If he wins it for France in the final, Ballon d'Or will be a real possibility.
Are you kidding? No. Mbappé was great in two games so far. Ronaldo was unplayable all tournament

He's a phenom though and while i'm not sure he's ever going to reach Ronaldo's heights(which only like 4 other players ever reached tbf) he's very clearly going to be unbelievable over the next decade. Flo should offer acs to Qatar for him:lol:

Treble

Are you kidding? No. Mbappé was great in two games so far. Ronaldo was unplayable all tournament

He's a phenom though and while i'm not sure he's ever going to reach Ronaldo's heights(which only like 4 other players ever reached tbf) he's very clearly going to be unbelievable over the next decade. Flo should offer acs to Qatar for him:lol:
How old were you back then? 7?

If you make a video of Mbappe's best moments this WC, it would look awesome. Ronaldo at 22 was at his best and a more complete striker of course but Mbappe looks more creative to me.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
He has everything. Desire, willingness to track back and help his team. Pace to burn whilst also adding a fantastic touch to his armoury. His quick thinking and skill at his age is absolutely ridiculous. He is 19 for goodnessake. He’s now in the word cup final. Scary that he has another 12- 15 years left at the top.

Reactions: SteveJ

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
How old were you back then? 7?

If you make a video of Mbappe's best moments this WC, it would look awesome. Ronaldo at 22 was at his best and a more complete striker of course but Mbappe looks more creative to me.
Man Ronaldo was ridiculous in that World Cup. Best player of the tournament by far, best player for Brazil in every game bar Denmark(where Rivaldo was their best) and the final which we all know now what happened...

Mbappé's performance tonight was as good as Ronaldo against Denmark -his worst game of that tournament aside from the final. And this was Mbappé second best game