Kylian Mbappe | Signs new PSG contract until 2025, La Liga says they intend to file a complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
PSG aren't actually as dominant in Ligue 1 as Juventus and Bayern were in their respective leagues. The most they've won in a row is 4. They reached CL finals with Mbappe which is not trivial even if they didn't win.
Didn't know that. Interesting.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If PSG doesn’t win the CL and he goes on a free then surely he’s the biggest transfer flop of all time?
Not really. I don't understand why we blame and credit individuals only with teams victories. Mbappe has been excellent for PSG. Madrid wouldn't be bidding 180/200 million otherwise.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Do they?

His best season ever stats wise is still clearly 2018-2019, which is more a reflection of just how ridiculously dominant PSG were that season in Ligue 1, scoring 105 goals.
The season after that was cut short by COVID if you remember, Ligue 1 was one of the only leagues to stop halfway, he was already at 30 goals for the season and would have exceeded his previous season, then this past season he's scored 42 goals, his highest ever tally. In 2021 he scored more goals than even Haaland who is a CF.

So yes, he has been improving season over season without a doubt. Only those who barely watch him or only turn up for the CL might not realize that.

The season after that was cut short by COVID if you remember, Ligue 1 was one of the only leagues to stop halfway, he was already at 30 goals for the season and would have exceeded his previous season, then this past season he's scored 42 goals, his highest ever tally. In 2021 he scored more goals than even Haaland who is a CF.

So yes, he has been improving season over season without a doubt. Only those who barely watch him or only turn up for the CL might not realize that.
Stop making shit up. In Ligue 1:

Monaco final season: 1 goal every 99 minutes
PSG 1: 1 goal every 236 minutes
PSG 2: 1 goal every 70 minutes
PSG 3: 1 goal every 84 minutes
PSG 4: 1 goal every 88 minutes

So he’s joined a much more dominant side, and at their most dominant he had by far his best season as they twatted 105 goals for the season.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Stop making shit up. In Ligue 1:

Monaco final season: 1 goal every 99 minutes
PSG 1: 1 goal every 236 minutes
PSG 2: 1 goal every 70 minutes
PSG 3: 1 goal every 84 minutes
PSG 4: 1 goal every 88 minutes

So he’s joined a much more dominant side, and at their most dominant he had by far his best season as they twatted 105 goals for the season.
Again, you're looking at stats without context, you're taking a shortcut over actually seeing him play week-in/week-out. Last season was his most dominant if you look at his overall contribution both goals and the CL, and he started that season very poorly which is what lowered his min/goal ratio this past season. If you look at the second half of that season, I'm guessing his min/goal is the best he ever had (although that second season coming back from the WC he probably would have been European golden boot if not for the suspensions, he was right there with Messi with less games played). PSG 3 was cut in half as I mentioned, he only had the CL left to compete in and was badly injured on his ankle in one of the last games of Ligue 1 before COVID and was rushed back on the field for the CL games being clearly hindered.

Something hilarious about seeing someone telling you to stop making shit up who sees him less than you and uses min/goal ratio as his ultimate argument. :lol:

Last edited:
Again, you're looking at stats without context, you're taking a shortcut over actually seeing him play week-in/week-out.
ah, so the man who started this by saying “the numbers reflect it” now wants to ignore the stats because they have no context.

Fair enough, fine by me.

So back to the original point then, he was miles better at the World Cup, the bloke absolutely stunk the place out these Euros. Has he really improved that much?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
So ronaldo is mbappe's childhood hero, could we tempt him next summer?
I think that Mbappe wants to be Ronaldo more than he wants to play with Ronaldo. He could have in 2017 but he chose PSG probably because he didn't feel ready yet to follow his footsteps.

gorky_utd

So ronaldo is mbappe's childhood hero, could we tempt him next summer?
Don't think he is interested. Also, we will probably have to sell both Rashford, Martial to accomodate the turtle. Personally I don't think Mbappe, Haaland are anywhere near Cr7/Messi in terms of get him at any cost type of talent.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I think that Mbappe wants to be Ronaldo more than he wants to play with Ronaldo. He could have in 2017 but he chose PSG probably because he didn't feel ready yet to follow his footsteps.
Yeah it strikes me as more of the wear his face rather than see his face sort of hero worship.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
So if Mbappe wasn't getting ready to leave they wouldn't bother helping those underprivileged children then?
What sort of comment is this? It's about doing that with Mbappé's name on it. On top of that, PSG has a very active foundation for poor and sick childen.

What was recently reported though is the fact that PSG might offer a shorter contract than the previous one, which is actually smart since Mbappé doesn't seem to be interested in staying 5 more years. I'm still not very optimistic it'll work but who knows, maybe 1 or 2 extra years.

EtH

Genuine question. Am I alone in thinking the hype around this guy is crazy ?

LuckyScout78

Future king at Madrid and La liga if he joined RM one day. Hope he does.

Both ex La liga kings have left. In first Ronaldo. Then Messi. The throne is free and not occupied. Will be the most stand out player then. The new La Liga king.

bosskeano

I just don't see him resigning with PSG....seems like he is destined to go to Madrid much like Camavinga did and Pogba probably will

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I also think he is a bit overrated. Neymar was a beast when he was young and was supposed to take over from Messi and Ronaldo eventually. Look how that turned out.

Not saying he isn't a great player it's just the hype that irks me. Anyway, Real won't bother since it's free .

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I also think he is a bit overrated. Neymar was a beast when he was young and was supposed to take over from Messi and Ronaldo eventually. Look how that turned out.

Not saying he isn't a great player it's just the hype that irks me. Anyway, Real won't bother since it's free .
Ronaldo and Messi will be retired by the time he reaches his prime years so him and Haaland will probably be the balon d'or winners in 3-4 years. Of course, other players may step up too.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Regressing under Poch.

EtH

We need him to leave PSG to find out more about him I reckon. He's good but the hype has gotten a bit out of hand I'd say.
Agreed. The hype is outrageous. Most overrated player I can recall in ages. He might justify it in time, but his technique and particularly his finishing is never good enough for a top player for me.

Idxomer

Vinicius has been better than him quite easily this season.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Regressing under Poch.
He has been so poor this season. However, You cant put blame on poch as when you have players like Ronaldo, and Bruno playing well under a bad manager like Ole. you have to ask whether the hype for him was ever justified. Players who are world class will perform regardless of who the manager is. the manager can help refine their game but true world class talent showcase that day in and day out regardless of manager.

dinostar77

We'll have to see how he does when he is the focal point of the Real Madrid team next season. PSG are nuts for turning down £180mil offer for a player who is 99.9% certain to leave on free.

ROFLUTION

Looked World Class last time out against City and on many important occasions in CL last year.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Maybe i need to watch him more but i am always underwhelmed whenever i see him play. Maybe its the unfair expectations that i have or he isnt the player yet that he is made out to be.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Havent watched him play too much and his finishing is letting him down at times but 6 goals and 9 assists in 15 matches this season. But has been so poor?

Seems like he is judged by outrageous standards which the world class players are.

Yeah but 180m versus nothing
Makes sense to take the money
I don't think it does to them.

Their AUM are worth 300 billion US dollars. 207 million dollars (what Madrid offered for Mbappe) is worth 0.06% of their AUM. It is in fact, less than peanuts, and for them, Mbappe together with Messi and Neymar for a season is worth much more than "less than peanuts". They likely think keeping him makes them one of the favourites for old big ears, which is of course their ultimate goal.

That's what we're dealing with here with regards to City, PSG and Newcastle. Clubs that wouldn't bat an eyelid at those sums.

RUCK4444

Rough spell that’s all, his goals and assists are still pretty good. He will be back banging them in soon.

PSG aren’t playing well under Poch.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah but 180m versus nothing
Makes sense to take the money
Yeah, it was pure ego that made them turn it down. When they signed Messi, they should have taken the money and played Messi false 9 with di Maria or another hard worker on the wing. Now they are struggling with fitting all 3 of those front players in who don't like tracking back.

Syphon Wallet

He's just going through some poor form ( for him)
His talent is outrageous, but he's suffering from a poor display in the summer.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's just going through some poor form ( for him)
His talent is outrageous, but he's suffering from a poor display in the summer.
Feels like he's gotten over it now, his consistency is incredible for his age.
31 goals/assists (15g/16a) so far this season for club/country.

Simply put, he's been carrying the PSG attack thus far.

Maniron

Agreed. The hype is outrageous. Most overrated player I can recall in ages. He might justify it in time, but his technique and particularly his finishing is never good enough for a top player for me.
Neymar?

GlasgowCeltic

Not sure where Mbappe on a free transfer will rank in the list of Perez flexes, below stealing Figo but above selling Cristiano for a profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.