Television La casa de papel (Money Heist)

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I wanted to put my hand through the TV during the first season whenever something was really urgent but they still found time to argue about bullshit or have sex or whatever. Silly show.
At least season two moved some of that into flashbacks etc.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Have those damn pirates gotten their hands on season 4 in spanish and english subtitles? I want to report them very badly

Sylar

Aghhh
Loved that season, had to of course binge the whole thing today (including the special)

Anybody else seen it?

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Man I love this series just for the amount of swearing I can learn in spanish.

Sylar

What special? Yikes did I miss something :nervous:

watched all 8 episodes yesterday. Formula is getting a bit stale. Still a little fun though.
Yeah after I finished, it said next playing

Then did a special on how it was saved by Netflix and how it became a sensation

This latest season was good. I just feel it's getting bit draggy now and there's no need for a 5th season. It should have ended with this.
Nah I'm cool with this. I like the professor and his reveals. The ending I expected

Only disappointment was the lack of Denver laughing

thepolice123

The whole show has been going downhill since S2. Found myself absolutely bored by the spanish soap opera parts.

Sylar

No worries
If you haven't seen it I would say it's worth it just to see the parts where they should the amount of effort required just for one or two scenes and how they work against elements and other factors

Ish

Lights on for Luke
No worries
If you haven't seen it I would say it's worth it just to see the parts where they should the amount of effort required just for one or two scenes and how they work against elements and other factors
The missus loves it. So yeah, I’ll watch it with her for sure. Should be interesting.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Watched 2 seasons over the last week and i am absolutely loving the show. It is gripping and intense and riles up a lot of emotion!

AshRK

Pretty good show, however some characters are really dumb which makes it frustrating.

Berlin is a damn good character and pedro alonso has done a fabulous job. I pretty imagine the writers are gutted they killed the character.

izec

The last season has been very predictable. You could see the ending coming a couple of episodes before the end. They are just dragging it out at this point to get as much money in and hype as possible. Riding the wave properly.

Sylar

I dont mind. Some things are predictable, but im glad they arent just 'trying to subvert expectations' or whatever.

Pretty good show, however some characters are really dumb which makes it frustrating.

Berlin is a damn good character and pedro alonso has done a fabulous job. I pretty imagine the writers are gutted they killed the character.
I think it was Berlins time, but with the use of flashbacks (being being the professors brother, we will see him quite a bit still).
Prob same with Nairobi too.

AshRK

I dont mind. Some things are predictable, but im glad they arent just 'trying to subvert expectations' or whatever.

I think it was Berlins time, but with the use of flashbacks (being being the professors brother, we will see him quite a bit still).
Prob same with Nairobi too.
I agree but with Nairobi also gone you have a lot of dumb characters trying to pull of the heist. I hope they stop focusing on love angle and more on characters looking not so dumb.

The fact that Monica the hostage from season 1 has become the smartest shows how dumb others are.

Sylar

I agree but with Nairobi also gone you have a lot of dumb characters trying to pull of the heist. I hope they stop focusing on love angle and more on characters looking not so dumb.

The fact that Monica the hostage from season 1 has become the smartest shows how dumb others are.
Always thought most of them were pretty 'simple' anyway. And it only worked whenever they followed the professors plans (which included improvising).
The two 'smart' ones inside were psychos anyway (berlin and palermo). The rest had their own issues and let their emotions get to them (which is understandable). Being in that amount of time, would cause some of them to act like idiots.

AshRK

Always thought most of them were pretty 'simple' anyway. And it only worked whenever they followed the professors plans (which included improvising).
The two 'smart' ones inside were psychos anyway (berlin and palermo). The rest had their own issues and let their emotions get to them (which is understandable). Being in that amount of time, would cause some of them to act like idiots.
Palermo is more of an idiot than smart. I found Denver, Nairobi, Moscow, Berlin all smart. Yes they did make some stupid decisions but overall they stuck with the plan. Even tokyo for all her flaws was portrayed smart. Professor was always top of his game but the second part focussed more on love and people making dumb decisions. Raquel seems to be one big idiot. Imagine a police officer being more dumb than hostage.

I thought the last 2 episodes of part 4 somewhat saved the season.

Sylar

Yeah agree about Lisbon @AshRK :lol:
Never found Denver to be smart myself. Can go with Moscow and Nairobi though.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Palermo is more of an idiot than smart. I found Denver, Nairobi, Moscow, Berlin all smart. Yes they did make some stupid decisions but overall they stuck with the plan. Even tokyo for all her flaws was portrayed smart. Professor was always top of his game but the second part focussed more on love and people making dumb decisions. Raquel seems to be one big idiot. Imagine a police officer being more dumb than hostage.

I thought the last 2 episodes of part 4 somewhat saved the season.
Moscow was sincere, not exactly smart. Denver - always seemed dumb to me

AshRK

Moscow was sincere, not exactly smart. Denver - always seemed dumb to me
Maybe smart was not the correct word. Maybe more like being sensible. I thought in the first 2 parts characters (most) did not make weird decisions, maybe tokyo but even she was decent. But in part 3 and 4 it was more like characters just living in their own bubble and making dumb moves which made no sense. Of course it's poor story telling which made it hard to take many characters seriously in part 3 and 4.

Look at tokyo and Rio. Two dumb characters who suddenly acted smart but then the next moment were making some dumb moves.

Lisbon/Raquel: The dumbest character who would have been better if she was killed. I mean the hostages seemed to have more brain than her.

Denver and his boring love story and acting weird.

Palermo who I expected would actually replace berlin in trying to be crazy but smart was also dumb.

Professor who was more interested in getting his ass kicked every time than actually being the same like he was in the first 2 parts. If the last 2 episodes had not happened he would have won the most irritating character award.

Rest were just meh. In fact Stockholm was the best. Who showed real development in her character and acted consistent. Bogota replaces Moscow very well and Marseille was ok for what he was but rest were just weird. Ofcourse sierra and gandia made the show somewhat interesting but then when you have dumb people in opposite side anyone would look half decent.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Maybe smart was not the correct word. Maybe more like being sensible. I thought in the first 2 parts characters (most) did not make weird decisions, maybe tokyo but even she was decent. But in part 3 and 4 it was more like characters just living in their own bubble and making dumb moves which made no sense. Of course it's poor story telling which made it hard to take many characters seriously in part 3 and 4.

Look at tokyo and Rio. Two dumb characters who suddenly acted smart but then the next moment were making some dumb moves.

Lisbon/Raquel: The dumbest character who would have been better if she was killed. I mean the hostages seemed to have more brain than her.

Denver and his boring love story and acting weird.

Palermo who I expected would actually replace berlin in trying to be crazy but smart was also dumb.

Professor who was more interested in getting his ass kicked every time than actually being the same like he was in the first 2 parts. If the last 2 episodes had not happened he would have won the most irritating character award.

Rest were just meh. In fact Stockholm was the best. Who showed real development in her character and acted consistent. Bogota replaces Moscow very well and Marseille was ok for what he was but rest were just weird. Ofcourse sierra and gandia made the show somewhat interesting but then when you have dumb people in opposite side anyone would look half decent.
Have always found Arturo irritating. Just want to punch his face in.
As far as the robbers are concerned, like you said, apart from a handful of characters, everyone is unstable

Sylar

I think you're looking to deep into this @AshRK
I need to watch s1 and 2 again, but I never had this feeling of geniuses following orders.

I don't see much character change in decision making, but change in emotions based on stuff thats happening around them

Only thing was nobody getting a shot in at Gandia? After he killed Nairobi
Not even a leg wound and it took Denver's grenade to do damage

AshRK

I think you're looking to deep into this @AshRK
I need to watch s1 and 2 again, but I never had this feeling of geniuses following orders.

I don't see much character change in decision making, but change in emotions based on stuff thats happening around them

Only thing was nobody getting a shot in at Gandia? After he killed Nairobi
Not even a leg wound and it took Denver's grenade to do damage
I don't know why but I was tad irritated with all the characters in part 3 and 4. Atleast the end was fine so something to look forward in part 5.

Rooney24

Think I gave this up at the end of season 2. I refuse to believe it has gotten any better at all. It was terrible.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I finished this about a week ago (binged the entire thing) and I thought it was trash but really fun trash. It had enough cliff hangers and plot twists to keep me coming back.

It basically reminded me of Prison Break where the story started off really solid with some superb characters but slowly descended into crazy entertainment.

I ended up watching it dubbed. The subtitles seemed completely wrong which was distracting. I got used to the dub quite quickly. I thought the professor voice actor was fantastic.

I loved a bunch of characters (Helsinki, Monica, Nairobi, Professor, Berlin, Moscow etc). I thought some of the scenes were very tense and I always wanted the robbers to get out of their predicaments.

Putting plot holes aside, my main problem with the show was Tokyo. She brings no speciality to the group, was rash and caused the majority of their problems, got at least a couple of people dead, snitched the minute she was captured... The list goes on.

It's hard to enjoy a show when one of the leads is such an unlikeable idiot.

I'll keep watching it though as I found it very entertaining.

AshRK

Putting plot holes aside, my main problem with the show was Tokyo. She brings no speciality to the group, was rash and caused the majority of their problems, got at least a couple of people dead, snitched the minute she was captured... The list goes on.

It's hard to enjoy a show when the protagonist is such an unlikeable idiot.
That was my main problem too. And the fact that she was made the leader made everyone look even more dumb. I mean how many characters got killed because of her stupidity. The fact that Palermo outsmarted her and let Gandia lose on her watch made her look even more dumb.

Amir

Netflix have added a documentary on this season, in which they basically said they are writing the show as they go along.

Which explains a whole lot.

Sylar

I ended up watching it dubbed. The subtitles seemed completely wrong which was distracting. I got used to the dub quite quickly. I thought the professor voice actor was fantastic.
Yeah Ihad this issue too. I watched Dubbed (cos its easier) but have Subtitles on anyway (as gf likes having that on incase - not sure why - think its cos she can read anytime she misses something).

I thought Berlins voice actor was good too. Apparently Denvers got the laugh right (which is good).
Edit: Just checked, they didnt dub his laugh, phew

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Yeah Ihad this issue too. I watched Dubbed (cos its easier) but have Subtitles on anyway (as gf likes having that on incase - not sure why - think its cos she can read anytime she misses something).

I thought Berlins voice actor was good too. Apparently Denvers got the laugh right (which is good).
Edit: Just checked, they didnt dub his laugh, phew
Yes, Berlin sounded just like the actual actor.

I also didn't understand Palermo. He's supposed to be similar intellect to The Professor and Berlin but once in the bank, he's more like a dumb oaf... He really disappointed me.

LARulz

A couple episodes into season 2 and I may just give up

Tokyo is beyond infuriating I want someone to smash her face in and then kill her. I don't really like any character but find Berlin the best - more layers to him, best actor and sticks to the fecking plan... mostly

Bojan11

Confirmed that season 5 will be the last.

Hope they do a prequel with Berlin.

Sylar

Confirmed that season 5 will be the last.

Hope they do a prequel with Berlin.
Think its the right time and will give enough time to finish and tell the story.
Given Toyko is narrating im expecting her to be arrested? and shes telling the story to the press and a few more deaths that come from this.

That or her narrating to somebody related to somebody who died...