La Liga 2013-2014

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
How serious are the Costa and Turan injuries? Out of the CL finals?
I hope they win that too. What a story that would be .
I think Costa is definitely out of the final, maybe they'll put him on the bench. It will be a risk to start him like today. Not sure about Turan.

gasmanc

Banned
Wow, they've been a credit, I was half expecting them to cave in (Liverpool style) but showed great steel in the end, a great omen for their CL hopes.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Best managerial achievement in last ten years this. Eclipses Klopp's achievements with Dortmund.

Cina

I've spent most of the season watching Atletico and gradually supporting them more and more as we got shitter and shitter to help balance things out, and this almost feels like the team I support has won a title at this stage! I was clapping so much at the final whistle. Ultimate underdog story, just incredible really.

KM

I've spent most of the season watching Athletico and gradually supporting them more and more as we got shitter and shitter to help balance things out, and this almost feels like the team I support has won a title at this stage! I was clapping so much at the final whistle. Ultimate underdog story, just incredible really.
Typical fair-weather fan :rolleyes:

Fantastic for Atletico. Simeone has put together an exceptional team that punch way above their spending power.

To break the Barca/Real duopoly is what managerial greatness is made out of. He's gonna be in demand and so will their players. I hope for the good of La Liga that they stay together and try to build on this success.

Congrats all round!

Cina

I f*cking love watching them play. Even in the dying moments of the game they were still playing the ball out of defense and not hoofing it. Class.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Brilliant. Hard to put into words how good a season it's been by Atlético, written off at every stage of the campaign.

Simeone is truly something else.

Scrumpet

There are no words
I don't really buy that Messi is just saving himself for the World Cup. Surely that goes out the window when 1 game = the league title. And if he can't turn it on and off then saving himself for the World Cup makes zero sense.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I've spent most of the season watching Athletico and gradually supporting them more and more as we got shitter and shitter to help balance things out, and this almost feels like the team I support has won a title at this stage! I was clapping so much at the final whistle. Ultimate underdog story, just incredible really.
What the shit

malappapper

I have never seen a team as compact and cohesive as Atletico Madrid have been this season. Massive character as well. Went behind at Stamford Bridge and then came back in style. Went behind at the Camp Nou, and then equalized and won the title. Have just won the best league in the world and are in the CL final as well. Fair play to them.

As for us, we have been undone by lack of height yet again...

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
I've never seen a team work harder than that second half. They were unrelenting. They are some incredible team of fighters.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Well done Atletico! As Gabi said you don't deserve titles, you win it! And what a season he has had among with Koke, Costa, Courtois and that defence! What a captain! And well done Simeone! Now win the Cl, too!

When is the trophy presented?
And any news on Costa's injury?

entropy

I've spent most of the season watching Atletico and gradually supporting them more and more as we got shitter and shitter to help balance things out, and this almost feels like the team I support has won a title at this stage! I was clapping so much at the final whistle. Ultimate underdog story, just incredible really.
Nice coping mechanism

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Their start to the second half really summed them up. Instead of getting down they went after it and really pressed Barca.

Barca have really become toothless.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
I don't really buy that Messi is just saving himself for the World Cup. Surely that goes out the window when 1 game = the league title. And if he can't turn it on and off then saving himself for the World Cup makes zero sense.
I don't buy it either, but it's hard to turn it on and off for a single game.

It's a combination of awful tactics, lack of motivation, Atlético's immense defending and just poor form (by his high standards).

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Yeah his winning instincts or attitude didn't kick in at all.

KM

Well it was either them or Liverpool...
Heh. I know what you feel though. I celebrated that Godin goal like a Man Utd goal. Such a feel good story.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Atletico's respone when they went behind to Barca typified their season. No head dropping but they picked up a gear and could have scored even more.

RustyS

Happy for the players who worked really hard this season and for a fantastic young manager. Some of their fans, however, were disgraceful along the way so I'm as excited for them as I would be for Zenit.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He is at a bit of a crossroads and clearly not the same player right now

I hope to feck he turns it around as it would be a great shame to lose the pleasure of watching him each week at his best

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
How serious are the Costa and Turan injuries? Out of the CL finals?
I hope they win that too. What a story that would be .
Costa's pulled a muscle, it looks like a re-injury, so I would think he's out.

Turan's hurt his hip - I guess it depends how hurt. He was pretty much in tears when he went to the bench, so I'd guess he thinks it could cost him the final.

Cina

Right, time to go watch my other hipster team that I now support cuz it's cool in the German final now

Raul Madrid

In fact this makes it even worse for Liverpool and Arsenal. Atletico are far poorer than those two.
Very true. I have a feeling that if arsenal win the cup they will celebrate it more hysterically than atletico have winning the league :lol:

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
I'm just shit stirring.

Awesome result. Hopefully Atletico can build on this triumph in the coming years.
I think it'll be tough for them with the financial constraints, but as long as they keep Simeone they should be fine. He'll turn Adrián into a 40 goal striker next year as his next magic trick :lol: