La Liga 2013-2014

LARulz

This is a joke. Its about time they start spreading the TV money around now

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Absolutely beautiful. Football like this is why I have such a soft spot for them.

Lol at certain Barcelona fans who thought Fabregas wasn't good enough. He's unbelievable!

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
We can engage this another time but there are several teams in La Liga that are as tough to face as Bilbao as many United are familiar with

I like the look of the team despite a short pre-season, the body language, interviews and play has reflected a team that is motivated and playing with a chip on their shoulder - we'll see if this carries over to Europe etc. but this isn't simply a case of Levante laying down

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The Bundesliga must be shit then as well. Or Bayern and Barcelona must just be that good and ruthless.
There's a difference when bayern did it in a one off year like last year, when they had a perfect season, compared to Barca who's been doing it for years now. I'm not trying to take anything away from Barca, but the opposition could surely put up more of a fight, or at least try more defensive tactics against them.

Today though barcas passing is just perfect though to be fair. Pretty much everything coming off.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
:lol:

To be fair the United and Chelsea games were in competitions that didn't mean much to either, as Ajax were giving United trouble. The Spanish league isn't weak though, you're right, but i don't think that there is ever a middle ground. You'll get people underrating the other clubs or they will be way overrated.

Everton/Swansea/Liverpool would all give the Spanish equivalents good games imo and it would even out if they played 10 games vs each other.

I only added that one in there to show lower level teams rather than the best English teams.

They'd give them good games but they'd struggle I think. English teams just don't like that high pressing game.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Barca averaged 3 goals per game in the league last season, ending with 115 goals.
Which is less than winning almost 4 or 5 nil. Barcelona last season were more prone to conceding as well. Often won 3-1 or 4-2, scores like that.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
we all get it, la liga is shit, the premier is great

now. you "we all know about football" like walsh, bosnoian and paz, kindly, go to another thread

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
There's a difference when bayern did it in a one off year like last year, when they had a perfect season, compared to Barca who's been doing it for years now. I'm not trying to take anything away from Barca, but the opposition could surely put up more of a fight, or at least try more defensive tactics against them.

Today though barcas passing is just perfect though to be fair. Pretty much everything coming off.
You're spot on. Some teams have actually rested players against Real and Barca for games they actually had a chance of winning

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
we all get it, la liga is shit, the premier is great

now. you "we all know about football" like walsh, bosnoian and paz, kindly, go to another thread
:lol: if you looked at my first post, you'd see that I was praising Barca and how incredible their first touch is compared to other leagues. I'm not in any way trying to say premier league is best league ever or what not.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

We can engage this another time but there are several teams in La Liga that are as tough to face as Bilbao as many United are familiar with

I like the look of the team despite a short pre-season, the body language, interviews and play has reflected a team that is motivated and playing with a chip on their shoulder - we'll see if this carries over to Europe etc. but this isn't simply a case of Levante laying down

I would think it's a combination of both. Barca look razor sharp even without Neymar & Iniesta on the pitch. As much as Levante will want to play for some pride now, I think they've given up. It's just a matter of stopping 10-0 I think

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
You know that happens in every league right?
Not in England at least. When Wolves I think it was who rested their team against us there was a massive shit storm. The commentators for La liga regularly mention teams resting their players

SER19

:lol: at the over reactions to fabregas and reading into our interest's effect on him. if anything this game proves why he should leave them. as somebody said above, every barcelona player is going to have a great season. terrible league.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
These players have no professional pride, they are happy just getting smacked around by Barca.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Not in England at least. When Wolves I think it was who rested their team against us there was a massive shit storm. The commentators for La liga regularly mention teams resting their players

Other English teams do it as well if they have a big game coming up. Every team rests players for big games. For a relegation team, playing a fellow low table team is a bigger match than playing United.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
If anybody doesn't think that Barcelona couldn't do the exact same thing to hull, Cardiff, Sunderland, Stoke et Al. Can they explain why?

Because I'm pretty certain those teams would be just as badly pasted as Levante on occasion if they visited the camp nou regularly.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I would think it's a combination of both. Barca look razor sharp even without Neymar & Iniesta on the pitch. As much as Levante will want to play for some pride now, I think they've given up. It's just a matter of stopping 10-0 I think

After the 3rd goal, you could see Levante's body language change..especially after Alexis left Juanfran dead in the corner. I think when Barcelona are in that sort of rhythm, which they are in now, it saps you of your drive...I've seen that in the opposition before, fear

Caparros is intense though, I'm sure he lit into them at HT