La Liga 2013-2014

Enigma_87

You know who
Atletico have lost 6 times this year.

Won La Liga, Final in CL and SF in Copa del Rey. Amazing really considering the depth of their squad and the competition they faced -Real, Barca, Chelsea, Milan...

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Obviously I've supported Utd the whole way, I watched every minute of every game. What's wrong with rooting for another team in another league too?
I've rooted for Atletico since Torres broke through as a teen. Good to get a break from the premier league from time to time, and today's probably the best club achievement I've witnessed. Never expected it to happen, and thought they were going to blow it.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Atletico have lost 6 times this year.

Won La Liga, Final in CL and SF in Copa del Rey. Amazing really considering the depth of their squad and the competition they faced -Real, Barca, Chelsea, Milan...
7 of their starters tonight have played 50+ games.

malappapper

I don't think they can

Certainly don't think they can become a dominant force
I would be massively surprised if they are not strong next season as well. To be certain, winning the league against Barca/Real for the second year running borders on the insane, let alone reaching another CL final, but I think it highly likely that they will be potent yet again. Now, where they end up is always dependant on so many factors...

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I have watched almost every Atletico game this season, mainly because of Koke. I usually have a favourite La Liga team apart from the big two, it has been Atletico for a while. It was Valencia a few years ago when they had Villa/Mata/Silva, I loved watching them back then.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
It was a game of two halves wasn't it. I wonder what Cholo said to them at the half, they came out much a better side, would have love to been a fly on the wall there.
Simeone: “I told them at HT they were doing well. We knew we were strong, and could take advantage of a set piece.”

Obviously not as in depth as what you want to know, but anyway...

gamma1

What a remarkable achievement for Atletico. An incredible feat by Simeone, he built quite a determined and disciplined team.

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
with the FA cup final and the La Liga decider and now Holland friendly this is the best weekend of football I've had in over a year. Thanks Moyes

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
No surprise. Like Moyes I guess, decent guy but just not good enough at this level.

I give it 1 week max before Luis Enrique is confirmed.

Supports
Barcelona
Could Barça fans being so calm a consequence of them not minding losing the title to Atletico that much? A mixed feeling of "it's deserved" and an extra annoyance for Real?
I'm a barca fan and yes. I wanted us to win, but suprisingly losing it didn't bother me that much. It's weird I know, but after giving up hope mid-April seeing we are not that good + Atletico being that admirable , it was a strange feeling. Like being tired, and knowing you don't deserve it anyway.

I applauded them just like all the cules out there did today immediately after the final whistle. They are just that admirable.

Well done to atletico. What an achievement. Hard luck to barca. A great game between two great teams. Two of the best teams in the world.
Are you sure you're a madridista? You always praise us even when we're shit !! :lol:

Raul Madrid

I'm a barca fan and yes. I wanted us to win, but suprisingly losing it didn't bother me that much. It's weird I know, but after giving up hope mid-April seeing we are not that good + Atletico being that admirable , it was a strange feeling. Like being tired, and knowing you don't deserve it anyway.

I applauded them just like all the cules out there did today immediately after the final whistle. They are just that admirable.

Are you sure you're a madridista? You always praise us even when we're shit !! :lol:
:lol: yes I am 100% a Madrid fan. I try to be as unbiased a possible when giving opinions. I am sure that a lot of clubs would love to be "shit" like Barcelona right now. I still consider them to be in the top 4 clubs in the world. I don't hate Barcelona either or atletico for that matter.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I'm so fecking happy for Atletico an I don't even feel dirty for it. I hope their players party the whole week now. :D

Wayne's World

Fair play to Atletico Madrid, they deserved it with their hard-work and passion during the season. They have "big balls" to achieve what they have achieved

Can someone tell me did they present the La Liga trophy on the pitch to Atletico after the game cause I see no pictures of any of the players or Simeone with it?

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
Fair play to Atletico Madrid, they deserved it with their hard-work and passion during the season. They have "big balls" to achieve what they have achieved

Can someone tell me did they present the La Liga trophy on the pitch to Atletico after the game cause I see no pictures of any of the players or Simeone with it?
Apparently the La Liga president couldn't make it to the game, so the trophy wasn't presented on pitch. That's what Guardian said anyway.

Hats off to Atletico. What a way to break the Madrid-Barca hegemony.

RooneyLegend

Its at this time you understand bandwaggoners. I, like most of you have spent all my football understanding years supporting and caring only for united. But this really had me going, atletico has somehow become my team. Goes against eveything I believe in the sport but what they've done is absolutely beautiful. I swear I was gonna cry if they didn't win the title this season.

It all really started with the spanish super cup loss to barca. Although the lost the tie they didn't lose any of the games. They then beat madrid in the first league tie and in all honesty the score shouldve been more comprehensive than that. The effort that was put into those game was trully inspirational. The CL journey was another part of this gripping tale that was thought would never happen. Then the chockingesque scenes of the past few weeks, what a bloody roller coaster of a season. Seriously, a movie has to made about this atl madrid season.

I guess them being second for slightly half of the season before this shouldve prepared us for this but it didn't. No one thought they would dare do it, no one thought it was possible, but they did it! Well done atletico madrid, congrats on this awesome season, it'll forever be in my heart!

Moonred

What?

That's mental
Head honcho of their FA Angel Maria Villar is travelling and cannot attend the title decider which means in all likelihood the trophy will be handed the next season start at the earliest. You've got to be kidding me! What happens if some of the players leave? What about the buzz of actually fecking lifting the damn thing when you worked the whole season for?!

Raul Madrid

Head honcho of their FA Angel Maria Villar is travelling and cannot attend the title decider which means in all likelihood the trophy will be handed the next season start at the earliest. You've got to be kidding me! What happens if some of the players leave? What about the buzz of actually fecking lifting the damn thing when you worked the whole season for?!
That's true. I never thought about that. Its an absolute disgrace that they don't get to lift the cup until next season.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
F*ck Clive Tyldesley.

F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley
F*ck Clive Tyldesley

JazzG

Resident Arse.
This title victory has to be up there with some of the most amazing, considering the competition.
People were going on about how if Liverpool won it would be one of the greatest achievements but this is far more impressive imo. Barca & R.Madrid had top class squads and invested £50m+ last summer and they still were able to topple them.

thepolice123

People were going on about how if Liverpool won it would be one of the greatest achievements but this is far more impressive imo. Barca & R.Madrid had top class squads and invested £50m+ last summer and they still were able to topple them.
Definitely. Won the league while challenging on all 3 fronts. It is definitely the better achievement even if they don't win anything.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Exactly, almost forgot they are in the CL final! I think R.Madrid will be a lot more nervous going into that match then Atletico! If they win the double this season that is up there with the greatest achievements a team has had imo.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
It seems it would have been more like Southampton going and winning it.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
It really is an incredible achievement on Atletico's part. Simeone really is a top coach, the way his team came out all guns blazing in the second half was remarkable. Thoroughly deserved their success