La Liga - 2014/15

Cantonaaa!

Just had a look at the table, and realised that it's just how I would predict it any given year. Only change I'd make would be to have Bilbao further up.

Barcelona
Real Madrid
Athletico Madrid
Valencia
Sevilla
Villarreal
Malaga
Espanyol
Athletic Bilbao

prarek

Just had a look at the table, and realised that it's just how I would predict it any given year. Only change I'd make would be to have Bilbao further up.

Barcelona
Real Madrid
Athletico Madrid
Valencia
Sevilla
Villarreal
Malaga
Espanyol
Athletic Bilbao
Could say the same about pretty much any league in europe tbh. Atleast La Liga title race is still far from over.

prarek

I wasn't criticising the competition or anything, it was just weird to see it exactly how I would expect it to be. There's usually some team in the 'wrong' position.
I see, apologies if i sounded defensive. Normally id put Valencia above Atletico as they've been better over a period of 10-15 years. What we're seeing here is fairly indicative of their current strengths id say. Espanyol seems a bit higher though. I think we might also be seeing a set top 4 like in england. I can see the same 4 teams finishing top 4 for a while, which hasn't been the case in La Liga for a long long time. Valencia have a bit of financial muscle now so it depends on how long Simeone can get his team performing at a top level.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

Barcelona
Real Madrid
Athletico Madrid
Valencia
Sevilla
Villarreal
Malaga
Espanyol
Athletic Bilbao
I think it's the return of Valencia to the top 4 that gives it a certain familiar quality.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

Barcelona
Real Madrid
Athletico Madrid
Valencia
Sevilla
Villarreal
Malaga
Espanyol
Athletic Bilbao
If it stays like that then La Liga will probably have 5 CL clubs next season.......for me FC Sevilla are the favourites to win another EL trophy......the spanish dominance in europe would go to a higher level.

Matchday 32 -18 Apr: The tricky weekend between the European QFs

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Barcelona - 75 points; Real Madrid 73; Atletico 66; Valencia 65; Sevilla 62; Villareal 51; Malaga 46. A whole series of battles underway.

At the bottom: Almeria 25; Granada 24; Cordoba 19
Almeria's 25 includes a 3 point deduction from FIFA (for failing to pay an instalment on a transfer fee, a charge that they are appealing)
Those teams are chasing Deportivo 28; Levante 29 (played 32) and Elche and Eibar on 31.

Tonight
Levante 2 - 2 Espanyol (FT)

Saturday - all times Spain
Barcelona-Valencia (16:00 / 3pm UK)
Deportivo-Atlético (18:00)
Real Madrid-Málaga (20:00)
Athletic-Getafe (22:00)

Sunday
Rayo Vallecano-Almería (12:00)
Granada-Sevilla (17:00)
Villarreal-Córdoba (19:00)
Eibar-Celta (21:00)

Monday
Elche-Real Sociedad (20:45)

For those looking for a pre-match warm-up before our game, Barcelona V Valencia should be a good one. Iniesta, who went off injured against PSG is "unlikely" to be ready to play. Alves trained today, but may be rested. With the PSG tie heavily weighted in their direction, Barca will presumably be as close to full strength as they can get. Valencia have Otamendi back from suspension and Gaya back from injury.

@carvajal will probably be watching Deportivo/Atletico with a certain amount of anxiety. I'm sure he'll let the rest of us know what happens :D

Malaga must be wondering if they can overtake the out of form Villareal (they play them in match 37) to get back into Europe, so Madrid will need to concentrate. Benzema is out, injured. Ancelotti says he'll play the best team he can and that he has no plans to give a practice match to Coentrao, who he'll need for the CL return leg against Atletico on Wednesday.

Incidentally, Villareal's Musacchio is expected to leave hospital tomorrow following that horrible leg break last week.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I will @jojojo . The feelings after the match at Anoeta were good. In any case the only thing that saves Deportivo is that teams in relegation position are doing really bad. Yesterday, the police finally declared the match as " high risk" , for what happened in the first leg with the fan who was killed . It all started last year when Frente Atletico celebrated the league in the fountain where Deportivo used to do it. Riazor Blues beat them up. Some people say that had an appointment to fight and others insist in the ambush. Obviously here in Coruña , people say that was an ambush. Very complicated game, our hope is that they are tired for the C.L game, besides I think Celso Borges, our best player (Costa Rica national team) will not play.
Talking about something else, Marca writes about Pogba and Barcelona: http://www.marca.com/en/2015/04/17/en/football/barcelona/1429304792.html
the player asked 12 million net, the same amount that I read days ago He has agreed with Madrid...
This guy is going to joke with both of us all the summer

Last edited:

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Double pivot today for Barça, Busquets and Mascherano behind Xavi.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Bravo, Alves, Piqué, Mathieu, Adriano, Mascherano, Busquets, Xavi, Messi, Luis Suárez y Neymar.
Vs
Alves; Barragán, Mustafi, Otamendi, Orban; Parejo, Javi Fuego, Feghouli, André Gomes, Rodrigo y Alcácer

Gaya and Negredo on the bench for Valencia.

Skorenzy

What a start. Messi to Suárez, 1-0

Brilliant work from Piqué and Busquets in the build-up.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's weird. this barcelona side mostly play possession football but they actually look better when they counter.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Valencia have actually started very well. Could be a cracking game like the Seville one.