La Liga - 2014/15

Eila

Just imagine a spanish league where every team that is not Real Madrid and Barca aren't poor as shit. There's already so much quality there, if the teams can pay better salaries they can afford to not have their players snatched by teams from other leagues.

Matchday 35 - 3 May: Tough at the top and at the bottom

Skorenzy

Just imagine a spanish league where every team that is not Real Madrid and Barca aren't poor as shit. There's already so much quality there, if the teams can pay better salaries they can afford to not have their players snatched by teams from other leagues.
We don't have to imagine what we can just watch right now though...

On a semi-related note, Atléti's 1-0 win at the Madrigal was their 200th game under Simeone. 127 wins, but even more impressively in 100 of them they kept a clean sheet!

Sevilla on course to better their highest points tally ever (71pts when they finished 3rd in 2006/07, they're now on 69pts in 5th place with four jornadas to go) and they're still the only side in Spain with an unbeaten home record.

1. Barça, 84pts
2. RM, 82pts
3. Atléti, 75pts
4. Valencia, 69pts (4-2 on agg. in H2H w/Sevilla)
5. Sevilla, 69pts
6. Villarreal, 53pts
---
15. Levante, 35pts
16. Eibar, 31pts (5-4 on agg. in H2H w/Almería)
17. Almería, 31pts
18. Depor, 29pts
19. Granada, 25pts
20. Córdoba, 20pts

Quite a gap between the top-5 and the rest this season (16pts). The very bottom sides have been really poor, with the likes of Depor getting thrashed even by Elche now and Córdoba losing to... pretty much everyone (ironically they almost cost RM points with a great performance). As it stands it's safe to say they are gone. Granada also look down and out. Then it's between Depor, Almería and Eibar. With the way the Basques have been falling through the table recently they're looking very much in danger, but frankly Depor have mostly been embarrassingly bad so I'd rather see them going down.

Pichichi
1. Cristiano, 39 goals (9p)
2. Messi, 38 goals (5p)
3. Griezmann, 22 goals (0p)
4. Neymar, 20 goals (0p)
5. Bacca, 19 goals (5p)

Assists
1. Messi, 17 assists
2. Cristiano, 15 assists
3. Luis Suárez, 12 assists
4. Nolito, 11 assists
5. James, 10 assists

Zamora
1. Bravo, 0.56 goals conceded per game
2. Diego Alves, 0.70
3. Asenjo, 0.91
4. Casillas, 0.97
5. Iraizoz, 1.12

Meanwhile, Betis are tearing it up in Segunda (with their talisman Rubén Castro leading the scoring charts again on 23 goals) and are a lock for the title and promotion. Alongside them could come up Girona, Sporting, Las Palmas and/or Valladolid. Would be nice to see Gijón back and then some fresh blood like Girona (a Catalan club that has never been in the top flight) or Las Palmas (mainstays in the 50s, 60s and 70s but have been in lower leagues for over a decade now). At the bottom end, Osasuna and Racing are in trouble along with Barça B which could be a real blow for La Masia.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Hopefully Almeria will lose the three points staying with 28 :).Anyway Deportivo plays last game in Camp nou so would be good to keep a bigger advantage.A couple of days ago 50 fans (probably riazor blues)came inside the training to "complain" for the poor image in Elche.Granada sacked today Abel Resino, a desperate decision. Probably they didn't expect to be so bad now.They are not rich but could afford to stay in first division. As I said before I'd like to see next year Sporting,Betis and maybe Las Palmas, I miss some team from Canary Islands

PvsNP

@Vato @carvajal

Your views on Sevilla away? Personally, I think you will lose points. Sevilla haven't lost at home this season and they are currently tied with Valencia at 4th place. Valencia are better H2H though, so Sevilla really need the points.

How is it looking with Benzema and Bale?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
@Vato @carvajal

Your views on Sevilla away? Personally, I think you will lose points. Sevilla haven't lost at home this season and they are currently tied with Valencia at 4th place. Valencia are better H2H though, so Sevilla really need the points.

Bale is fine but Benzema will be ready for Juventus.In theory will be a difficult game but Sevilla is an offensive team and will try to attack.Maybe that can benefit Madrid.The kind of game that is solved thanks to bigger firepower. Barsa plays some hours earlier,that maybe could be an advantage for Madrid too.I guess that MSN will rest and maybe they start the game thinking about Bayern.Anyway,here the feeling is that Atleti will not give la liga to Madrid

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Friday
Real Sociedad-Levante (20:45 - all times Spain, so this is 7:45 UK)

Saturday
Córdoba-Barcelona (16:00)
Atlético-Athletic (18:00)
Sevilla-Real Madrid (20:00)
Deportivo-Villarreal (22:00)

Sunday
Espanyol-Rayo Vallecano (12:00)
Getafe-Granada (17:00)
Valencia-Eibar (19:00)
Málaga-Elche (21:00)

Monday
Almería-Celta (20:45)

Skorenzy did the hard work and posted the Liga standing, and then I lazily forgot to post this. La Liga this weekend, the big game is obvious and should be a cracking match!

Meanwhile Real Sociedad are winning 1-0 and the second half has just kicked off.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Moyes: 8 victories, 10 draws and 6 defeats, in my opinion very good statistics for a manager without experience in la liga that took the team in a very difficult situation.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
@Vato @carvajal

We'll batter them because we need the points more and I prefer Valencia. ;)

I'm not one for stats but I'm pretty sure their stats against us must be awful. I can't really remember a game where we struggled against them. I'm jinxing us so hard right now, watch them win 6-0. :nervous:

No idea about the injuries either, but I'd rather they don't rush anyone anyway as the midweek game is more important in my eyes.

Skorenzy

We'll batter them because we need the points more and I prefer Valencia. ;)

I'm not one for stats but I'm pretty sure their stats against us must be awful. I can't really remember a game where we struggled against them. I'm jinxing us so hard right now, watch them win 6-0. :nervous:

No idea about the injuries either, but I'd rather they don't rush anyone anyway as the midweek game is more important in my eyes.

You lost 2-1 at the Pizjuán last season and 1-0 the season before that.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Finally Alfreð starts again. He said recently that Moyes was happy with training and sub appearances. Glad he took notice and decided to play a goalscorer instead of a hunk of meat.

JR10

Supports
Still deciding
Just seen this

Rodrigo got sent of for tripping the keeper despite the fact he got punched twice by the keeper.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Just seen this

Rodrigo got sent of for tripping the keeper despite the fact he got punched twice by the keeper.
What is it with some footballers, they can dish it but they just can't take it. And then the guy who gets provoked is sent off! Was he already on a booking?

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Almost an incredible goal. Quite a poor finish though

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Both passes from iniesta and Messi for the two goals were just fantastic.

Messi should have scored after that amazing dribble. Would have capped some goal.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Well I mean they're clearly the best team in Spain.
They've obviously been the best in 2015 but I personally think Madrid at their best are a better in midfield and hence have more fliidity. But Barcelona have been brutally consistent since the turn of the year.

JR10

Supports
Still deciding
He gets the weight on the passes right to perfection. It's unbelievable Jeff.