La Liga - 2014/15

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Ah, ok. That's even better, because I could see them throw their game if it was on the last day and they had nothing to play for.
I´d like to be so positive but they already have the third place. I think that fans want that the team lose, luckily I trust that Simeone will not allow the players to lose concentration. A draw could be enough for Madrid

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I´d like to be so positive but they already have the third place. I think that fans want that the team lose, luckily I trust that Simeone will not allow the players to lose concentration. A draw could be enough for Madrid
Yeah, they won't roll over unless it would 100% guarantee us the title I think.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I don't understand how, after all these years, people still have the energy to debate who is best.

It has to be the most pointless, circular argument in the history of man.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
4 goals is all right but Vidic at his best managed 6-7, didn't he?

prarek

Parejo scores. 12 goals this season for him now(3 penalties). And that's playing from a deep position with defensive responsibilities. Last season he stepped up but this season he's been something else. Been great both defensively and offensively.

Skorenzy

Parejo scores. 12 goals this season for him now(3 penalties). And that's playing from a deep position with defensive responsibilities. Last season he stepped up but this season he's been something else. Been great both defensively and offensively.
Yeah, definitely, he's been one of the best MFs in La Liga this season in my opinion...

My top-5 would be,

1. Isco
2. Parejo
3. Krohn-Dehli
4. James
5. Krychowiak

honourable mentions to Modric (while excellent, has only featured in 16 league games due to injuries), Xavi (used sparingly, but still so impressive when he turns it on) and Busquets.

Skorenzy

Great goal from Eibar, the sub Arruabarrena makes it 3-1 after great work and set-up by Ángel Rodríguez. First goal Diego Alves has conceded in the league at the Mestalla since January!

prarek

Yeah, definitely, he's been one of the best MFs in La Liga this season in my opinion...

My top-5 would be,

1. Isco
2. Parejo
3. Krohn-Dehli
4. James
5. Krychowiak

honourable mentions to Modric (while excellent, has only featured in 16 league games due to injuries), Xavi (used sparingly, but still so impressive when he turns it on) and Busquets.
Solid list mate. Only one i haven't seen much of is Krohn-Dehli as i haven't watched much of Celta Vigo but that would be my list as well pretty much.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Well, 3 games and this is over, a question for the neutrals that are usually following la liga, what team do you want to win this?. I am ready to write down a black list of culés :devil:
Assuming that Sevilla will not reach Valencia and Barcelona will win Copa del Rey, then Sevilla and Villarreal would play Europa League, but everything can change much if Sevilla wins Europa League because there are several teams fighting for the seventh place : Athletic (48), Malaga (47) and Celta and Espanyol with 46. The results (serious refereeing mistakes in Calderón) have helped Athletic and conspiracy theories among fans have emerged regarding Villar (President of the Spanish Federation and Athletic former player).
In the relegation battle and assuming that Almería will lose the three points : Córdoba 20, Granada 28, Almería 29 and on the edge Deportivo with 30 and Eibar with 31.All those teams have difficult games, in my opinion especially Almería (Málaga, Sevilla and Valencia), but Granada has a good chance to get out of there as they play the next weekend with Córdoba.
Talking about second division, right now Betis (72) and Girona (68) would be in 1st division, and would play the play off for promotion: Sporting (66), Las Palmas(63), Valladolid (62) and Zaragoza (53). There are several historical teams in danger of descending into 2B, Osasuna, Racing Santander and Recreativo (Spain's oldest team).
About 2B, many historic teams will battle in a very long and difficult play off to be in 2d division, including Oviedo, Cádiz, Murcia, Hércules or Logroñes.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
http://www.marca.com/2015/05/06/futbol/1adivision/1430922628.html
I couldn´t find the new in Marca-English but they are talking about strike for the last 2 games+ Copa del Rey final. It´s a bit complicated but basically is related to pay more taxes, 15% of image rights, tv rights and some competences between Spanish Federation and Liga. Soon will be elections so probably this won´t go further

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What does that mean for CL qualification then?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Explain this to me lads. I keep reading this as if no more games will be played, alas Barca has won the league. That clearly isn't the case as there would be more up-roar.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Isn't the Atletico game after that? Would they get delayed to when the players will be at the Copa America?!

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
La Liga (LFP) is in a war against Spanish Federation (Villar). For a new law the federation loses some competences and they don´t accept any kind of interference in the competences. In the other hand the player association(AFE) wants strike because they have to pay more taxes, actually his president Rubiales is usually threating with this.So I think(I am still confused), there are 2 groups, Government-Liga vs Federation-Players

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
La Liga (LFP) is in a war against Spanish Federation (Villar). For a new law the federation loses some competences and they don´t accept any kind of interference in the competences. In the other hand the player association(AFE) wants strike because they have to pay more taxes, actually his president Rubiales is usually threating with this.So I think(I am still confused), there are 2 groups, Government-Liga vs Federation-Players
I think you're right, but I also think that the RFEF are just using the players' dispute as an excuse for their own action.

The arguments between Villar (RFEF) and Tebas (LFP) have been going on for months, and they've become more public and more childish every week, the same with Villar's dispute with Cardenal (Sport Minister) and the CSD (Council for Sport).

The whole thing has been a mass of rumour of insult. The government asked the RFEF to agree to an audit to show how they were spending the money that the CSD and LFP were giving them. They refused and said they'd already met their legal obligations. Things have gone downhill fast since then.

I expect there will be a deal to finish the season and some negotiations will take place in the summer. But really, that depends on Villar, Tebas and Cardenal not acting like a bunch of school kids, so who knows :smirk:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think you're right, but I also think that the RFEF are just using the players' dispute as an excuse for their own action.

The arguments between Villar (RFEF) and Tebas (LFP) have been going on for months, and they've become more public and more childish every week, the same with Villar's dispute with Cardenal (Sport Minister) and the CSD (Council for Sport).

The whole thing has been a mass of rumour of insult. The government asked the RFEF to agree to an audit to show how they were spending the money that the CSD and LFP were giving them. They refused and said they'd already met their legal obligations. Things have gone downhill fast since then.

I expect there will be a deal to finish the season and some negotiations will take place in the summer. But really, that depends on Villar, Tebas and Cardenal not acting like a bunch of school kids, so who knows :smirk:
I remember that after a meeting Tebas went to the press saying that Villar called him "gilipollas" (asshole) :lol: . Of course they don´t want an audit, probably will find out many holidays paid with the money of football.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

Hope so I have booked flights a hotel and got tickets for the Atletico vs Barcelona game, I also took 5 days off work, so it's a complete waste of my savings and time off because of some bureaucrats, punish football fans great idea.

Matchday 36 - 9 May: or is it the last match of the season?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
So this is either Matchday 36 or the last game of the Liga season. Either way, some teams have a lot to win or lose.

Friday

Eibar 0 - 1 Espanyol at HT (20:45 - all times Spain so this kicked off at 7:45 UK)

Saturday
Granada-Córdoba (16:00)
Barcelona-Real Sociedad (18:00)
Real Madrid-Valencia (20:00)
Athletic-Deportivo (22:00)

Sunday
Levante-Atlético (12:00)
Villarreal-Elche (17:00)
Almería-Málaga (19:00)
Celta-Sevilla (21:00)

Monday
Rayo Vallecano-Getafe (20:45)

Real Sociedad beat Barcelona (and Real Madrid and Atletico) earlier this season, but that's because there are two different versions of La Real. At home W9 D5 L4 - only the top 5 have better home records; Away W1 D8 L8 - only already relegated Cordoba have worse away form. Barring acute CL party hangovers, Barca at the Camp Nou will walk it.

Valencia ended Real Madrid's last winning streak with a 2-1 win in January, and that marked the start of Madrid's poor run of form. Despite Valencia's recent inconsistency, it should be a good match, they often look better against good teams than average ones and RM will need to be awake.

Meanwhile in the relegation zone.
Elche 40 (threatened by "administrative relegation")
Getafe 36
Levante 35
Eibar 31
Deportivo 30
Almería 29 (have been docked 3 points on orders from FIFA)
Granada 28
Córdoba 20

I've included Elche in this listing because they are trying to do deals with their debtors, including the tax office, and if they don't succeed they will be relegated for financial failure. The money involved is in excess of 10m.

Almeria's points total is showing a FIFA ordered 3 point deduction for failing to pay a development fee for a player they signed. They say they thought his new club had agreed to pay it and are appealing on the grounds that the penalty is disproportionate. As things stand Almeria could get relegated for an unpaid debt of 60k which they have already agreed to pay.

Both these clubs have a major additional fear of relegation if it results from these financial penalties. The standard player contract talks about players accepting automatic wage cuts if they get relegated, a provision that doesn't apply if it's due to an administrative action against the club. Relegation under these circumstances could bankrupt them.

Cordoba are already down. I don't think many people (other than Granada fans) would miss Granada, but their win last weekend gave them a glimmer of hope.

Deportivo have a tough run-in (Athletic, Levante, Barca) as do Almeria (Malaga, Sevilla, Valencia). Eibar are in horrible form.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So this is either Matchday 36 or the last game of the Liga season. Either way, some teams have a lot to win or lose.
Because of the TV rights issue? Wouldn't the last two rounds be suspended and not cancelled?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is this the last match before the suspension takes place?
Yup.

It would be nuts if this wasn't overturned. You can't suspend a league 2 matchdays conclusion. At least wait till it's done.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Because of the TV rights issue? Wouldn't the last two rounds be suspended and not cancelled?
The phrase "nobody knows" comes to mind.

Initially people talked about preparing to reschedule it in June. However the player/referee contracts say that can't happen. So now they're wondering if that would mean, if the strike goes ahead, ending the season on Monday. Everyone assumes there has to be a deal before it turns into a complete farce. We shall see.