La Liga - 2014/15

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
It doesn't matter either way. Title is yours this year.
Imagine the reaction though. There is still a chance for Madrid to clinch the title, mathematically. I also prefer us to win the league on the field with the fans and enjoy that feeling. We saw how Atletico only got their trophy early this season, a bit too late and weird.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
La Liga games will go ahead this weekend. If Gerrard could play for Atletico this weekend that'd be nice. A timely slip leading to a Barcelona goal, and a dodgy back pass to Messi resulting in a goal would be nice.

prarek

Sevilla are into the Europa final again. If they win we will have 5 La Liga teams in the CL next season.

Matchday 37 - 17 May: So now, the end is near...

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
So with the player strike suspended rather than resoved, La Liga goes ahead and the RFEF have agreed to provide the refs. Liga 2 are just finishing off their weekend matches in fact.

All the games in Liga1 are running simultaneously, kickoff 7pm Spain, 6pm UK.

Atl Madrid v Barcelona 18:00 (UK)
Córdoba v Rayo Vallecano 18:00
Deportivo de La Coruña v Levante 18:00
Elche v Ath Bilbao 18:00
Espanyol v Real Madrid 18:00
Getafe v Eibar 18:00
Real Sociedad v Granada CF 18:00
Sevilla v Almería 18:00
Valencia v Celta de Vigo 18:00
Villarreal v Málaga 18:00

Barca 90
Real Madrid 86
Atletico 77
Valencia 73
Sevilla 70

Barca need 3 points from their last two games to guarantee the title.
Atletico have qualified for the CL but need points to guarantee third.
Sevilla have two shots at a CL place, overtaking Valencia or winning the Europa.
Valencia need CL football.

At the bottom Cordoba have already been relegated.
Deportivo, Granada, Almeria, Eibar are in the real dogfight to survive. Though the relegation battle is confused even further by a possible 3 point deduction for Almeria (the first appeal went their way, but they are awaiting a final judgment) and a possible administrative relegation for Elche (who may get a transfer ban instead) - both over financial problems.

Skorenzy

So with the player strike suspended rather than resoved, La Liga goes ahead and the RFEF have agreed to provide the refs. Liga 2 are just finishing off their weekend matches in fact.

All the games in Liga1 are running simultaneously, kickoff 7pm Spain, 6pm UK.

Atl Madrid v Barcelona 18:00 (UK)
Córdoba v Rayo Vallecano 18:00
Deportivo de La Coruña v Levante 18:00
Elche v Ath Bilbao 18:00
Espanyol v Real Madrid 18:00
Getafe v Eibar 18:00
Real Sociedad v Granada CF 18:00
Sevilla v Almería 18:00
Valencia v Celta de Vigo 18:00
Villarreal v Málaga 18:00

At the bottom Cordoba have already been relegated.
Deportivo, Granada, Almeria, Eibar are in the real dogfight to survive. Though the relegation battle is confused even further by a possible 3 point deduction for Almeria (the first appeal went their way, but they are awaiting a final judgment) and a possible administrative relegation for Elche (who may get a transfer ban instead) - both over financial problems.

Really hope Eibar can manage to stay up, will be extremely tight, but they have a chance with Granada and Depor having a rather tough final two games (in theory) compared to them. Still you get the feeling that it isn't meant to be, they've been in absolute freefall these last few months after an impressive 1st half of the season.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I am going to Riazor today.Tickets for 5 euros to get the stadium totally full.TAS gave back the three points to Almeria so probably they will get them definitely back on 20th may,anyway I hope they'll lose both games.I hope that Moyes boys can make us a favor with Granada.In second division Girona and Sporting with same points but Girona is 2th for goals I think.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Suárez doesn't make the Barcelona line-up (or bench) today, out with his hamstring injury.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Interesting that Pedro is playing centrally again. You'd have thought it would be Messi but any time they both play without Suárez it's Pedro in the middle.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Think that's harsh. No penalty but no yellow card for diving either I reckon.

Pentagruel

Got clipped there. Thats a stonewaller. Poor decision by the official. But it's Dani Alves so I guess it's ok.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
It was a dive. Barely touched him. However if that had been Ronaldo, bale or James the ref would have pointed to the spot.

Good effort from Messi off the bar

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
The amount of games Barca played last month, I thnk the fitness level have been quite good. good job done by Lucho on that front.

Irrational.

Casillas is on the bench for Real tonight, and Navas started. Never understood why Real haven't given him more of a chance this season. Maybe they wouldn't need to look elsewhere.