La Liga - 2015/2016

Hojoon

prarek

I was on Marca and they quoted Jemez directly saying the club was obliged to sign him by a sponsor (http://www.marca.com/en/2015/08/01/en/football/spanish_football/1438453665.html). First Chinese player to ever play in La Liga too.
My bad i was thinking of Trashorras or someone. I remember reading it this morning or yesterday. Anyway doesn't matter i agree with him. What i don't agree with is him saying these things openly. Its bad business and ultimately in modern football, bad management. Mourinho said it best 'In modern football and football is a business, an industry, you have to think about the financial situation'. Jemez was also openly critical of playing a friendly against Sociedad in China, another red flag. Both teams are sponsored by qbao. The recent influx of chinese companies in La Liga has been one of the few positives financially for the league.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
My bad i was thinking of Trashorras or someone. I remember reading it this morning or yesterday. Anyway doesn't matter i agree with him. What i don't agree with is him saying these things openly. Its bad business and ultimately in modern football, bad management. Mourinho said it best 'In modern football and football is a business, an industry, you have to think about the financial situation'. Jemez was also openly critical of playing a friendly against Sociedad in China, another red flag. Both teams are sponsored by qbao. The recent influx of chinese companies in La Liga has been one of the few positives financially for the league.
I agree with you. Jemez has been a good manager for them, and very obviously a man of firm convictions about football, but things like this have to be said behind closed doors, not on a radio show. Whatever happens with the player (or with Jemez) it's going to be hard for the player to get acceptance now, with the fans and even with the rest of the squad.

prarek

I agree with you. Jemez has been a good manager for them, and very obviously a man of firm convictions about football, but things like this have to be said behind closed doors, not on a radio show. Whatever happens with the player (or with Jemez) it's going to be hard for the player to get acceptance now, with the fans and even with the rest of the squad.
True. I think the fans will accept him though, i think they will understand. The youths and the squad players might feel a little aggrieved though.

prarek

Saw Atletico play yesterday. Players look tired, still short of match fitness. Koke's goal from the corner was ridiculous. Carrasco played the first half(left) and Griezmann right. Everytime Carrasco got the ball he'd play a one-two and run forwards looking for the return as if that was his sole purpose. He was ok. Oliver Torres was unreal in possession, never lost the ball even in tight areas but didn't influence much overall. Vietto seems a lot more mobile than i remember, always running with pace and looking to stretch the defense. He was very good. But the player i was most impressed with was Correa. First time i seen him play and this kid looks like the real deal. Everytime he got on the ball it seemed something special was about to happen. He can dribble and analyze positions at the same time. Hope to see more of him this season.

Saw Sevilla as well last week and they seem out of sorts and the new signings yet to click. Immobile looks like a chain smoker who'd die if you made him run 100 yards. Konoplyanka looks class though and created the goal for Gameiro.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Saw Atletico play yesterday. Players look tired, still short of match fitness. Koke's goal from the corner was ridiculous. Carrasco played the first half(left) and Griezmann right. Everytime Carrasco got the ball he'd play a one-two and run forwards looking for the return as if that was his sole purpose. He was ok. Oliver Torres was unreal in possession, never lost the ball even in tight areas but didn't influence much overall. Vietto seems a lot more mobile than i remember, always running with pace and looking to stretch the defense. He was very good. But the player i was most impressed with was Correa. First time i seen him play and this kid looks like the real deal. Everytime he got on the ball it seemed something special was about to happen. He can dribble and analyze positions at the same time. Hope to see more of him this season.

Saw Sevilla as well last week and they seem out of sorts and the new signings yet to click. Immobile looks like a chain smoker who'd die if you made him run 100 yards. Konoplyanka looks class though.
Simeone is saying that this Atletico will be different,maybe more offensive and entertaining.I wonder if Óliver will be an important player for Simeone or will go to the bench as soon as the team has to run.Koke improves every year,soon Atletico will be too small for him

prarek

Simeone is saying that this Atletico will be different,maybe more offensive and entertaining.I wonder if Óliver will be an important player for Simeone or will go to the bench as soon as the team has to run.Koke improves every year,soon Atletico will be too small for him
We will have to wait and see what kind of Atletico we see this season. Couldn't tell much from yesterday's game. Played two formations in the halves. Some players like Jackson, Felipe and Godin didn't make the trip. Koke was middle in first half. Second half was similar setup to last seasons. They were still predominantly playing like a counter attacking team though. I think he has to find a place for Oliver if not this season then next season. He's so good technically i have no doubt will be world class.

prarek

That's pretty impressive and higher than most markets. For instance the Dutch La Liga deal is worth €15m per year. It will be interesting to see what the total value adds up to. I think they'll get enough to take the total domestic (€600m)+international to €1-1.2 billion. Then next year the new domestic deal should drive it to ~€1.5bn approx.

Cina

Wonder what happened. Maybe BT never bid for it?

Either way I'm glad, I feel less guilty paying for Sky now.

Dr Baltar

Wonder what happened. Maybe BT never bid for it?

Either way I'm glad, I feel less guilty paying for Sky now.
Guess the journalists' "sources" lied or they never existed. Maybe Sky leaked it to tease everyone or gauge the response to losing it.

Same as you though, definitely helps a lot to justify the cost of sky & I doubt BT would have shown quite as many games as Sky do!

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
So what is happening to Sequirera is he actually leaving Atletico on loan? I thought he was good for them?

prarek

Atletico's attack doesn't look too shabby on paper. Definitely better than last seasons.

+

+

= GOALS?

-------------------Oblak

Juanfran
-------Godin-------Savic-------Filipe

Koke-------=--------Gabi--------==- Carrasco----------------------

Griezmann-----==--Jackson------==--Vietto

-----------------VS

---------------------------------
.....................---..Jackson................................

....................--...Griezmann................................

---Koke.........................................Oliver Torres

-------------Gabi--------Tiago---------------------

Felipe-----Godin--------Gimenenz----Juanfran

--------------------Oblak-----------------------------

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Atletico's attack doesn't look too shabby on paper. Definitely better than last seasons.

+

+

= GOALS?

-------------------Oblak

Juanfran

-----------------VS

.....................---..
Jackson................................

I think that this year Koke will change a bit his position. Where Carrasco used to play in Monaco? on the left?
I can´t wait for la liga to start. I am tired of transfer market.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I think Turan will be a loss. The change in the formation will be interesting but not easy. It'll be interesting to see how they line up in big games. I know nothing about Carrasco, but I do like Vietto, I think he could be a really good addition.

I feel completely out of touch with Valencia this year. Not sure why, probably just that I can't really guess what they're doing transfer wise.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I was really surprised at Atletico signing both Jackson Martinez and Luciano Vietto, that's a great transferwindow and adding to that they signed a decent CB in Savic and a good offensive player in Carrasco. Last season from what I watched of them they lacked serious pace (only Griezmann) to consistently have threatening counter-attacks. If all those new additions click together quickly I wouldn't be surprised at all if they reach the CL semi-finals.

prarek

I think that this year Koke will change a bit his position. Where Carrasco used to play in Monaco? on the left?
I can´t wait for la liga to start. I am tired of transfer market.
Yes he plays on the left but i also saw some youtube videos where he was playing on the right. But some videos are mirrored so im not sure. Reminds me of that Bojan Krkic thread :houllier:

I feel completely out of touch with Valencia this year. Not sure why, probably just that I can't really guess what they're doing transfer wise.
You're right its impossible guess their transfer moves. They bought Danilo, Ryan, Bakkali and Mina. All young talents. Ryan will get plenty of games before Alves comes back but others will probably be squad players. I really like Bakkali though. He played the second half of the last friendly and was comfortably voted MOTM by the fans. Lots of pace, dribbling and puts in a really good cross or a cut back.

I expect more of the same as last season from Valencia, i don't expect huge improvement. Whenever Piatti was fit he was one of the, if not the best attacking player. So i like the idea of Piatti from the left and Bakkali from the right flanks. Other positions pretty much the same with youngsters getting a look in every now and then. They will probably have the youngest team in the CL and i think are still 2-3 years away from reaching their true potential.

PvsNP

+

+

= GOALS?

-------------------Oblak

Juanfran

-----------------VS

Carrasco is more of a winger. I think Oliver will get the nod.

prarek

Valencia vs Monaco in the champions league playoff.

Tough one for Valencia. Monaco lost Carrasco who was their highest assist maker last season but they also signed El Sharaawy, i think. Who else have they bought? Oh and they also lost Kondogbia. Advantage to Valencia perhaps?

Carrasco is more of a winger. I think Oliver will get the nod.
That makes sense.

prarek

I was really surprised at Atletico signing both Jackson Martinez and Luciano Vietto, that's a great transferwindow and adding to that they signed a decent CB in Savic and a good offensive player in Carrasco. Last season from what I watched of them they lacked serious pace (only Griezmann) to consistently have threatening counter-attacks. If all those new additions click together quickly I wouldn't be surprised at all if they reach the CL semi-finals.
That's a good observation. Griezmann was truly the only player with real pace. Now they have Vietto, Jackson, Carrasco and Correa all of whom are very fast.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

+

+

= GOALS?

-------------------Oblak

Juanfran

-----------------VS

Is Raul Garcia still an important player for them?

Hojoon

Valencia vs Monaco. The true winner here is Mendes.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

+

+

= GOALS?

-------------------Oblak

Juanfran

-----------------VS

The most curious to thing for me is that they have gone from having a very short squad relying on 16-18 players in their title winning season to actually having a big team with two players per position now. Vietto is going to be a great signing for them I think and Martinez could be next Falcao.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
:lol: I think that Sarni means the old good Falcao from Atlético. Come on @darioterios (and everybody), tell us some prediction, surprise team, the big disappointment team, revelation player and the flop

Last edited:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
For me:
Surprise team: Betis and Real Sociedad, I think that Moyes can do it well this second season
Disappointment: Valencia, I think that although Mendes knows to choose good players seems a project a bit artificial. Nuno has a strong personality and he could have problems with some players. Espanyol and Sporting, I think that will be very tough for them to stay in first division since they can´t sign
Revelation players: Araujo (Las Palmas, very good season in 2d division), Castillejo(Villarreal), Medrán (Getafe), Konoplyanka, Asensio and Jesé.From Deportivo all my hopes are in Luis Alberto, the former player of Liverpool.
Flops: Immobile, Rodrigo and I have doubts with Carrasco and Guidetti

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Aye, the world class one who shone for Atletico not the utter shambles he is now.