La Liga - 2015/2016

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Hattrick and 40th league goal, insane. Unselfish from Neymar too.

Skills

Snitch
Thought Barcelona's season finished in the CL QFs. Didn't even realise they hadn't won the title yet.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
14th La Liga since the legend no.14 Johan Cruyff took over the team as a manager. Twice the number of those won by Real. RIP.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
14th La Liga since the legend no.14 Johan Cruyff took over the team as a manager. Twice the number of those won by Real. RIP.
Real will have number eleven. They have always prioritized he cl. As have Milan.

Plus they are so far in the lead they can give your lot a few la ligas.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Better give those two teams more TV money and leave the others fighting for scraps..
I think they are moving towards a more collective TV deal from next season. Although the big two will still get a lot more than the rest

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Real will have number eleven. They have always prioritized he cl. As have Milan.

Plus they are so far in the lead they can give your lot a few la ligas.
That's not true.

Jupp Heyneckes was fired 8 days after winning the European cup at Madrid. Real had finished 4th in the league that season. The Madrid president indicated that domestic perfomances were just not good enough

Real care about the league,especially when its Barca winning it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's not true.

Jupp Heyneckes was fired 8 days after winning the European cup at Madrid. Real had finished 4th in the league that season. The Madrid indicated that domestic perfomances were just not good enough

Real care about the league,especially when its Barca winning it.
And especially when Barcelona are winning 6 out of 8 league titles and winning as many CL's in the same period as Madrid.

Skills

Snitch
We won 13 since 92, and we can't even use a multiplier to show our dominance over Liverpool because they've been that shit in that time.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Ronaldo has same amount of La Liga title as DDG has PL!

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
And especially when Barcelona are winning 6 out of 8 league titles and winning as many CL's in the same period as Madrid.
He's just bitter.

Consider the fact that Barca have won two trebles in that time while Real have won none in their entire history,that's something that bothers the Madrid fans and hierachy

You can't win a treble without the league (No,Liverpool's 2001 effort isn't a real treble)

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He's just bitter.

Consider the fact that Barca have won two trebles in that time while Real have won none in their entire history,that's something that bothers the Madrid fans and hierachy

You can't win a treble without the league (No,Liverpool's 2001 effort isn't a real treble)
Of course not, they won neither the league nor the CL!

cyberman

If Atletico beat Madrid in the final they will have matched Ronaldos achievements in Spain.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Shout out to Dani Alves, the defender with the most titles in football history. 30 titles.

Edit: Just realised that he surpassed Pele as the most successful Brazilian player ever!

Last edited:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
That's quite normal in Spain... their teams are more "pressure the midfield" oriented hence higher defenses.. Hey, can't say it hasn't worked for them.
What on earth are you talking about? The ball was out wide, they weren't pressurising the midfield, they were on the edge of the box.

By that logic, United have a lack of interest in scoring goals..
There's a difference between being poor and being lazy. It's pretty obvious. The first phase was poor defending, the second phase was lazy defending. I don't see why it's such a big deal to point that out. Granada had nothing to play for and many teams across multiple leagues switch off when they've nothing to play for.

United's issue - aside from a lack of quality in attack - is that they're fearful, not lazy.

Last edited:

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
What on earth are you talking about? The ball was out wide, they weren't pressurising the midfield, they were on the edge of the box.

There's a difference between being poor and being lazy. It's pretty obvious. The first phase was poor defending, the second phase was lazy defending. I don't see why it's such a big deal to point that out. Granada had nothing to play for and many teams across multiple leagues switch off when they've nothing to play for.

United's issue - aside from a lack of quality in attack - is that they're fearful, not lazy.
I thought Granada played very hard today. They're obviously not as good as Barcelona, but their loss today had nothing to do with lack of effort.

Treble

Barca deserved to win it. However, the CL trophey is the big one. Real or Atleti will have a better season than Barca.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
I thought Granada played very hard today. They're obviously not as good as Barcelona, but their loss today had nothing to do with lack of effort.
This. They clearly were going to get cash they never saw in their lives for a win.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Barca deserved to win it. However, the CL trophey is the big one. Real or Atleti will have a better season than Barca.
I don't agree with that. Barcelona have been the best team over the season and will probably win the double, why is better than winning the Champions league.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Congratulations to all culés, well deserved liga. It was interesting the excitement of the last few weeks but their big winning streak at midseason was decisive.
Despite the good season one of the top three is going to finish the year without trophies, much effort for nothing , or as we say in Spanish, stay with honey on the lips.
I wonder if @carvajal is at the match.
I had an available carnet to go but I had a first Communion so I was busy all the day, a pity.

Supports
Barcelona
Great reaction from the team in the past four weeks

And this is just insane!!

Treble

I don't agree with that. Barcelona have been the best team over the season and will probably win the double, why is better than winning the Champions league.
Apart from Liverpool supporters, most fans would prefer a CL trophey over a domestic double. The CL trophey is more important for the individual awards as well.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Apart from Liverpool supporters, most fans would prefer a CL trophey over a domestic double. The CL trophey is more important for the individual awards as well.
I'd prefer it too, but in terms of how good a season was for a club...I'd say the club who won the league had a better season than winning the Champions League. One bad game in a Knockout competition and you're out, it's harsh to criticise a team for an off day.

Barcelona were consistently the best side in Spain this season - they had one poor spell but could afford it due to their form over the rest of the season.

R.e. individual awards...couldn't care less.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'd rather United win the PL right now. The league is a better indicator of quality. Also, La Liga is the hardest league to win on the planet so it's an even bigger sign of quality. I don't agree that the a CL is necessarily better league and cup double. I mean, Madrid's road to the final has been City and Wolfsburg ffs. Ateltico's path has obviously been brutal.

More important to individual awards? Who cares?

Treble

I'd prefer it too, but in terms of how good a season was for a club...I'd say the club who won the league had a better season than winning the Champions League. One bad game in a Knockout competition and you're out, it's harsh to criticise a team for an off day.

Barcelona were consistently the best side in Spain this season - they had one poor spell but could afford it due to their form over the rest of the season.

R.e. individual awards...couldn't care less.
Not only in Spain, I agree abou that. But a season with a CL trophey trumps in most cases a season with a domestic double.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Not only in Spain, I agree abou that. But a season with a CL trophey trumps in most cases a season with a domestic double.
I think it depends on the club. Real Madrid probably would prefer the league given they have a dry spell right now, Barcelona the Champions League so they were the first to retain it.