La Liga - 2015/2016

Treble

I'd rather United win the PL right now. The league is a better indicator of quality. Also, La Liga is the hardest league to win on the planet so it's an even bigger sign of quality. I don't agree that the a CL is necessarily better league and cup double. I mean, Madrid's road to the final has been City and Wolfsburg ffs. Ateltico's path has obviously been brutal.

More important to individual awards? Who cares?
The tropheys that are most important for the individual awards indicate which are most highly valued in general.

I'd prefer a CL trophey. United have won only 3, that's not enough. We've won enough PL titles. Of course, it is important to challenge for the Pl title as well.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The tropheys that are most important for the individual awards indicate which are most highly valued in general.

I'd prefer a CL trophey. United have won only 3, that's not enough. We've won enough PL titles.
CL is the most glamorous trophy no doubt. But that doesn't necessarily make winning it better than multiple other trophies during the season. The individual awards can be a bit simplistic in this regard. See Cannavaro winning the award all those years back based on some 7/8 games. Farcical.

The CL can be fluked without being a top top or the very best side like Chelsea or Liverpool did. Whereas if U I fed win the double then we're well and truly back where we belong in terms of footballing level. If we won a league as hard to win as La Liga and won the domestic cup, then we'd most likely be the best team on the planet. Sadly, that's Barcelona right now.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Sporting de Gijon up 1-0 and Getafe losing 1-0 against Betis, right now Sporting keep their 1st division place :drool:

Last year Betis lost against Sporting in the last fixture and Sporting promoted, would be funny if Betis helps Sporting two years in a row :lol:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Betis and Sporting fans are united/twinned so it was clear they were going to fight , besides apparently they do not have much sympathy to Getafe for something that happened years ago in the last games . Rayo president said that Villarreal has not competed today.There is a picture of someone from Villarreal shaking hands with Sporting staff after the 2-0 (http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2016/05/15/primera/1463340690_022472.html)
I don´t have much sympathy for Getafe but a couple of weeks ago I met a few fans who came to Coruña and after talking to them now I feel a bit sad. In the press the only one who defended them openly was Emilio Contreras , one of the heads of Marca , who considered that there was some abuse and contempt against Getafe( for example, he used to say that they don´t have the worst attendance in Spain as everybody thinks). Possibly his president, who is a prick, has helped throughout the process.
In any case surely they wouldn´t have imagined being twelve years in primera.
We'll see if next year Leganés can connect better with fans.
Teams qualified for promotion to segunda:
Racing de Ferrol, Racing de Santander, Tudelano, Logroñés
Castilla, Barakaldo, Socuéllamos, Toledo (Odegaard has scored his first goal of the season)
Reus, Villarreal B, Hércules, Lleida
UCAM Murcia, Murcia, Sevilla At., Cádiz

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Rayo fans have been great. It's too bad that they have such an unbalanced style and a stubborn manager, otherwise they wouldn't have relegated.

prarek

- Valencia have confirmed Pako Ayestarán will remain the manager for next season. Will sign a 2 year contract.

- The Pozzo family have finally sold Granada to Chinese firm Desports. Granada will be the second spanish club with chinese ownership after Espanyol. Apparently Pere Guardiola, brother of Pep Guardiola and agent of Luis Suarez will be appointed as the president of Granada. He also helped with the negotiations.

- Amaia Gorostiza was appointed as the new president of Eibar. She is the second female president in La Liga. The other being Lay Hoon Chan of Valencia.

Culero

- Valencia have confirmed Pako Ayestarán will remain the manager for next season. Will sign a 2 year contract.

- The Pozzo family have finally sold Granada to Chinese firm Desports. Granada will be the second spanish club with chinese ownership after Espanyol. Apparently Pere Guardiola, brother of Pep Guardiola and agent of Luis Suarez will be appointed as the president of Granada. He also helped with the negotiations.

- Amaia Gorostiza was appointed as the new president of Eibar. She is the second female president in La Liga. The other being Lay Hoon Chan of Valencia.
Suprised by Pako getting the job, thought Valencia were going for someone else such as Pellegrini. Shame to see Rayo relegated, they scored the 5th most goals in La Liga this season. Their style of play is suicidal but entertaining, love their fearlessness (or idiocy).

Reactions: jojojo

prarek

Suprised by Pako getting the job, thought Valencia were going for someone else such as Pellegrini. Shame to see Rayo relegated, they scored the 5th most goals in La Liga this season. Their style of play is suicidal but entertaining, love their fearlessness (or idiocy).
According to Pellegrini's agent Valencia didn't even contact him lol. Oh well.

Culero

According to Pellegrini's agent Valencia didn't even contact him lol. Oh well.
Wow, surprising. Pellegrini has a record that fits Valencia perfectly, then again this is the same club that sacked Emery for consistently finishing third. Go figure.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Sampaoli could be in Granada next year :drool: ,I am surprised that he didn't get better offers. Gracia left Málaga to go to Rubin Kazan and now Jémez is a candidate (for Espanyol too).
I wish the best of luck to Valencia,especially for our dear @prarek but Ayestarán is not exciting at all.
The best news is that Negredo in in talks with Italian clubs and Halilovic very close(or maybe he already signed?)

prarek

Sampaoli could be in Granada next year :drool: ,I am surprised that he didn't get better offers. Gracia left Málaga to go to Rubin Kazan and now Jémez is a candidate (for Espanyol too).
I wish the best of luck to Valencia,especially for our dear @prarek but Ayestarán is not exciting at all.
The best news is that Negredo in in talks with Italian clubs and Halilovic very close(or maybe he already signed?)
Gracias amigo. We will see what Pako is made of next season. Anything less than 4th should be considered as a failure and rightly so. I like the Camacho rumors we had last month and we need a player like that so hope it's true. Glad also to know Negredo will be off finally. Great guy though so wish him all the best in Italy. Hope Halilovic rumor is not true.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Gracias amigo. We will see what Pako is made of next season. Anything less than 4th should be considered as a failure and rightly so. I like the Camacho rumors we had last month and we need a player like that so hope it's true. Glad also to know Negredo will be off finally. Great guy though so wish him all the best in Italy. Hope Halilovic rumor is not true.
Don't you like Halilovic?

Culero

Fantastic coup by Granada if that happens.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Wow, surprising. Pellegrini has a record that fits Valencia perfectly, then again this is the same club that sacked Emery for consistently finishing third. Go figure.
It's just my opinion, but Spanish journalists don't like Pellegrini, and they do like bashing Valencia when they have the chance, maybe mixing those two things could be dangerous for a team that needs a fresh start far from the spotlight. It would make sense if Valencia never wanted to sign Pellegrini just to avoid a lot of heat

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Alavés is already in first division.4 basque teams the next year

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
A friend told me that la liga is going to eliminate the saturday 22:00 match,instead it will be at 13:00.
There are rumors in Coruña saying that Paco Jémez could be the next Deportivo coach.Probably he has better offers that his wife lives here and might be interested.The other options:Lasarte and Solari.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
A friend told me that la liga is going to eliminate the saturday 22:00 match,instead it will be at 13:00.
There are rumors in Coruña saying that Paco Jémez could be the next Deportivo coach.Probably he has better offers that his wife lives here and might be interested.The other options:Lasarte and Solari.
Paco would be an interesting recruit. With Deportivo's attendances and the bigger budget from the TV money that might not be a bad match up. What do you reckon the fans would think of Paco football?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Paco would be an interesting recruit. With Deportivo's attendances and the bigger budget from the TV money that might not be a bad match up. What do you reckon the fans would think of Paco football?
Tv money +10/15 m€ for Lucas Pérez... :drool: fans use to remember Oltra,the coach that promoted Deportivo to Primera, he liked attacking football and worked well in Segunda where Depor had the best squad but in Primera the team received many goals and he was sacked in Christmas so some fans think that Deportivo should be more pragmatic although they are so fickle as the rest of fans. I also heard that Scaloni(local idol) could be his assistant.
The president of Deportivo talked again some hours ago about Jémez and Paco said "not many can say no to Deportivo" so I guess that is very close.

prarek

Wonderful sending off for Durmisi by Brondby fans. Durmisi will be joining Real Betis next season.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Leganés wins and in 10 minutes could be in Primera.In a very disappointing game Zaragoza is losing their position in the play off.Right now Córdoba,Nastic,Girona and Alcorcón.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
A goal of Girona at the end changed the play off,Alcorcón out,Osasuna in.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Alaves goes up with a GD of 12 and 49 goals scored in 42 games, wow :lol:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Strange end to the season. Leganes go up for the first time in their history while their neighbouring team in the Madrid suburbs (Getafe) go down.

Their most famous player - Samuel Eto. Not bad. He had a season there on loan from Real Madrid. In fact loan deals have been pretty important to them this year, and they'll need some good ones next year to survive.

I saw the club president being interviewed a while back. She said the team's success is all about dreams and hard work, a good manager and loan deals.

prarek

Incredible if Granada pull it off. One of the hottest prospects in management in south america. Fresh off wining the Copa America and the 2015 South American coach of the Year. Goes to... Granada? Sounds like a career suicide to me.

Eila

Incredible if Granada pull it off. One of the hottest prospects in management in south america. Fresh off wining the Copa America and the 2015 South American coach of the Year. Goes to... Granada? Sounds like a career suicide to me.

Huh I was sure he'd take over something like Chelsea. That's really disappointing.
I guess the owners do have money, but will they invest it on Granada? Watford seems like the more worthy stepbrother over recent Udinese and Granada.

prarek

Huh I was sure he'd take over something like Chelsea. That's really disappointing.
I guess the owners do have money, but will they invest it on Granada? Watford seems like the more worthy stepbrother over recent Udinese and Granada.
Sampaoli said he was Chelsea's first choice but his english wasn't good enough. Anyway Granada have new Chinese owners now but i doubt if they'll spend much, they couldn't even if they wanted to because of FFP unless they brought in 100m kit and stadium sponsors out of nowhere. I think the next manager of Granada has a huge challenge, maybe the biggest challenge in the league next season. The Pozzos took more than half the squad with them, they only have 11 players in the A team now. I think they can get 4-6 players on loan but the rest they will have to buy. It's like assembling a new squad. They could be facing relegation.