La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skorenzy

@CLARiiON great lay-off from Suárez in the build-up to the 4-1 (great weight on the ball from Arda for Messi as well)

5-1, again outside the box shot from Messi, powerful and accurate

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
He's been poor that marvellous finish aside... struggling to trap a ball or complete a simple five-yard pass.

Sergi Roberto doing well getting up and down the wing, making a good case for making that spot his. (Not that Aleix Vidal has so far made that decision difficult for Lucho in any way).
People love to fixate on the ridiculous Douglas signing but Aleix Vidal was a disastrous election stunt signing, even Mariano at a fraction of a fee is miles better

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
They are just so very very good. Unreal performance.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hoping for some miracle that Madrid drop points. Nice early lead for Barca would be nice.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Considering the injured players could make a starting XI in Champions League, this is what I mean by depth. How good has Umtiti been, this quickly?

krazyrobus

Oh my, Suarez is tearing shit up. What a free-kick. He's taking over Messi's scoring responsibilities.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Suarez has scored 17 goals in his last 6 La Liga games, almost 3 per game :drool:

krazyrobus

Jesus what a running take down and shot by Messoi. Even now the touch and control at speed still amazes me.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
His trademark goal... he used to do them all the time until a few years ago. He's got (at least) 40 goals in open play from outside the box for Barça, more than Cristiano who is more renowned for long shots in popular belief.
Indeed. I have been flicking between this game and the Arsenal/Leicester one and honestly the gulf in terms of skills/technique is unreal. Even Betis who were trashed impressed me more than the top English teams.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
29 shots on goal, looks like we are going to shoot a bit more when near the box. Impressed with Umtiti so far, he looks very comfortable with the ball. I like the kind of depth we have this season. Looks like Masche may not be the 1st choice this term, I think he's not the type of bloke who would make too much noise about it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Messi was unreal today. Apart from the goals, his passing and general play was absurdly good.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Like a comment I saw on twitter, feeling sorry for Messi because he can't actually watch himself live. Very entertaining match

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Just watched the highlights, Messi looked unreal and involved in every goal, but it's really hard not to notice terrible defending from Betis. Are they still on their summer holidays?

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
Except no one has been as exciting as Barcelona, 29 shots on goal today
I wouldn't call it exciting because of the lack of competition. Wouldn't call it boring either however.
Entertaining but not exciting imo.
But I do think the league is actually exciting because the titlerace is usually quite close.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Too predictable. I can switch on any number of PL games and the excitement is there. With La Liga I'll only bother when Barca/Real/Athletico play one another.
How exactly is it too predictable?

There was three points between the top 3 last year, Barcelona lost 3 more games than Leicester. La Liga was far closer in the relegation battle. If La Liga is predictable and boring, what does that make EPL?

Have you been switching on the games in the first two weeks? Outside the Arsenal vs Liverpool match the tv games have been average at best, numerous posts on here about the TV games being boring.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It's not boring but I've become jaded with it. Watched it a lot up until last season but the annihilation that teams face against Real and Barca are too much. Atletico was refreshing for a bit but now they've set a standard for themselves. Competition for the winner is still alive and well but the sheer gap between the giants and all the other 16 teams in the league hasn't gotten smaller one bit.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
It's not boring but I've become jaded with it. Watched it a lot up until last season but the annihilation that teams face against Real and Barca are too much. Atletico was refreshing for a bit but now they've set a standard for themselves. Competition for the winner is still alive and well but the sheer gap between the giants and all the other 16 teams in the league hasn't gotten smaller one bit.
It's got to be expected though as Barcelona and Real are two of the best teams in world football, they would do the same in any league. Do it in the CL as well.

It's also not as bad as made out either, for example Barcelona won by 3 or more goals 15 times last season. Man City who were poor and finished fourth won by that amount 10 times.

Eddy_JukeZ

Any match compilations of Messi yet?

Looks as if he might be back to his 2014-2015 level.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
This Sevilla vs Espanyol game is great entertainment, 2-2 after 25 mins.

RooneyLegend

La liga as a league won't grow for as long as the system is in place for the best two teams to continue to be the best. What Atletico have done in recent years is nothing short of a miracle. If you started watching football in a different era then this will get 'boring' as some say.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Half time 3-3. Remember the United-Reading game a few years back when it was 4-3 at half time?

Skorenzy

:D

Some game this mate.
This is the Vietto I remember from Villarreal... I think it's fair to say that his move to Cholo's Atléti came a bit too early, he's still only 22 anyway.

Piatti having a blinder as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.